Can't I just look at the eclipse without these retarded ass glasses?

Can't I just look at the eclipse without these retarded ass glasses?

Other urls found in this thread:

eclipse2017.nasa.gov/safety
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yep. It's all a ruse from the big companies to try and steal your money. You'll be fine user. I can't wait myself.

Yeah it's probably bullshit. Try it out and report back. We'll provide speculation and insight on further experiments, not that you'll be able to read any of it.

Are you dumb?! Of course you can! Just watch it.

You don't understand user, these are special x-ray glasses. They're so you can still see the sun even when it's being blocked out by whatever.

I mean, you probably could look at it if you wanted to.

Problem is, you wouldn't be seeing much else after that...

you can do whatever you set your mind to, user.

>buying special glasses...

Just make a pinhole camera!
1. get a cardboard box
2. seal up 5 sides really well
3. use a pencil and poke a hole in one side
4. place box over head
5. press eye up against hole
6. watch eclipse safely!
7. profit!

Aside from it being dark in the middle of the day it's not really that cool to look at, super blood moon was far better.

Blacks are able to, their melanin makes it so that their eyes do not burn when they look in the sun. If you are black, try it!

fucking lol

• "Can't I just look at the eclipse"
Sure, you can.
• "Can I retain my vision?"
No, you can't.
• Can I be more retarded?
Yes, but it's unlikely.

Just use 3d glasses instead.

This is going to cause a stir with thr flat earthers

I heard if my eyes are really light it reflects the sun and I'll be fine

bro they just turn the lights off for a few minutes isn't it obvious?

or 2 paper plates

how the fuck are you supposed to see through a paper plate? stupid idea

How the fuck are you supposed to see through these dumb ass glasses?

Why do people say you'll go blind I didnt

Yeah I'll just take them off during the actual eclipse

>blocked out by whatever
It's called the moon

google it you stupid fuck

isn't that the box mcdonalds apple pies come in? what a sham.

Top kek

That's the point

OP, you have two eyes, do you really need both of them to see? Just fucking close one eye, and watch the eclipse with the other, and then when you're done, you'll still be able to see out of the other eye. It's a no-lose situation

I heard welding masks work too.

You will damage your eyes.

Stfu who invited you

Total DA!

It's fake news

>mfw after looking at the eclipse without sunglasses

Just go outside and put them on and look at the sun and if you are not a total retard, you will understand. Hint - they are made to look at the sun.

You're the suns bitch aren't you

Bump

I'm actually worried about using those glasses. After watching these people on the news who have seen 10 eclipses. The guys eyes looked funny.

My glasses are ISO certified but I'm not sure if it's worth the risk.
>Not like it won't be shown 5 million times later

Yes, you can. Go ahead.

of course!
i have watched like 5 eclipses with no glasses and it's fine.

Is looking at the eclipse any worse than looking at the sun uneclipsed? I've done that before and turned out fine

My mom looked at the sun in her childhood a lot and now she has awful vision and needs to wear glasses all the time.

it's never safe to stare at the sun but we've all glanced at it, treat it the same. the only reason people fuck their eyes up is cause they sit there watching the whole thing.

Eumelanin* Fixed, friendo

that wasn't the sun, dude. i came in your mom's eyes constantly and now her vision has suffered. sorry.

Of caaarrgh you can!

use your cellphone camera

Yep, a #23 shield is basically what is in the eclipse glasses. A #24 shield works too

FPBP

You're a fucking retard. It's nothing like dawn, dusk, or nighttime. Especially if you are in the path of totality. Blood Moon was shit.

If you just look directly up at the eclipse you will be totally blind within 2 minutes. A quick glance and you will be fine after a few minutes of blurred/discolored vision. Considering the eclipse will last roughly an hour, attempting to watch the entire thing without glasses... you wouldnt see much more than a few minutes of it and the sun will be the last thing you ever see

It blocks out a bunch of light so you basically won't see shit except the sun. But that's kinda the point. Low exposure photography of eclipses is basically the same thing.

>Especially if you are in the path of totality
But most of us aren't in the path of totality, and we can't be assed to drive hours away for two minutes of darkness during daytime. Everyone in Oregon's gonna get their eclipse covered by clouds anyway.

There was a glasses recall too, so check to see if you have the right ones

Yea, use binoculars

Don't they already have some ad hoc explanation for how eclipses happen?

You're going to blindly die

Again, the sun does not get magically stronger during an eclipse.
Blind in 2mins is insane, but like always staring at the sun will cause damage
The sun is exactly the same as every other day

Nah, it's sunny

you can. it doesnt hurt any more than the sun normally does, its just easier to look at so its easier to get hurt. its like taking shots that taste like water you dont know when to stop

Really your best bet is to not sit and stare at it regardless. Just take a glance every once in a while. You'd probably do fine without any glasses doing that, but the special shades would make it more comfortable and certainly safer to do so, even if they're not perfect for staring straight at it for several minutes straight.

Yeah, but I recommend getting a magnifying glass and using that. You can see it better.

It can be worse because since the surrounding environment becomes darker, your eyes adjust to that but the remaining sunlight is pretty much just as bright so it can do more damage.

Main issue of course is that people don't normally bother to look at the sun because it's bright as fuck and hurts. So it's only during times like these that people have to be told not to look at it without protection.

Would it be safe to look at it using the camera on a phone?

telescope is much better

when is the eclipse btw? i forgot...

Just look at it. What could go wrong

Wear a condom

Depends where you live

Just look through the camera in phone and film this amazing, phenomenon xD

ITT: Fags born after 1990. We used to stare at the sun all the time when I was kids. Glancing at it a few times isn't going to hurt you, sons of single mommies.

Yeah, but generally you'd get a lot of glare so you won't see much.

>be me
>jew
>create eclipse once every now and again
>sell '' special glasses'' to fags
>make insaine amount of money each time
>use money for diamonds to feed my kids

You can. It's not like the Sun Police are going to stop you.

It's an eclipse constantly in some point in space.

>>use money for diamonds to feed my kids
kek

Only before and after totality.

Eclipse is an acronym.

Eyes
Can
Look
Into
Partial
Solar
Eclipse

Gonna burn that camera out.

This guy

welder's #12 shade is going to work for me

No, it burns camera lens

there was an eclipse in 1984 in NC, i did the same thing i'm doing today, using a welding mask to watch it. no problems. if i can stare straight at an arc, an eclipse is no problem

#14 is recommended. It is 90% darker than a #10; the numbers are not a linear scale.

>i
>i'm
>i
I didn't ask, fucking nigger.

People, this is no joke.
Be careful.
I mean it guys, take this stuff seriously and appreciate the celestial event. Even if you can't see it.

Also saving this. It made me laughed

i've already tested a 12, it's fine. only an idiot would stare at it constantly for 5 minutes

this, when the fuck did the sun become some kind of boogyman that wants to rape your eyes?

NASA days #12 shade is good. I have that at work. It what me and the guys will use to see it.
The darker the better

eclipse2017.nasa.gov/safety

Go look directly at the sun, now block the sun with your hand, that's an eclipse. I've seen one b4 without glasses and I'm not blind and it wont make you blind, all this blind BS is just marketing.

because half of the fun is watching the world go dark, sorta kinda while the eclipse is happening. seriously, i've been thru one of these. it gets all kinds of weird looking twilight

It's the Jews. Duh.

U can use welding mask instead
or 10 pairs of sunglasses at once

Cant wait to see the aftermath of all this

>eclipse2017.nasa.gov/safety

Some good info there. learned something.
>Eclipses are best viewed directly when magnified, which means a telescope. These will give you a magnified view that will clearly show the progress of an eclipse.

yes its fine

momentary direct exposure wont cause eye damage, extended exposure will

>> first hand knowledge from a dipshit kid that used to stare at the sun.

use a 12 welders shade or better. don't look at the sun you dumb fuck