Be lazy piece of shit

>be lazy piece of shit
>only thing i ever really felt like i was good at is writing
>graduated from high school two years ago and have done nothing with my life but work dead end jobs and sell drugs since then
>no college, i was a terrible student and i'm not dumb enough to think i could actually make it as a writer, so i never went for an english degree or anything
>get into tons of crazy fucking shenanigans all the time, sometimes funny and sometimes really genuinely fucked up
>generally kind of hate life and myself
>friend who's much more ambitious than i am hits me up the other day
>tells me that his friends successfully pitched a show to netflix, they bought multiple seasons, and they need writers
>knowing i have a fuckton of insane stories that keep with the theme of the show and that i have a talent for writing, my friend wants me to come onboard and write
>already pitched my first episode idea to them and they loved it
>i could suddenly potentially be living my childhood dream of writing for a living
I should be really, really happy about this but I'm suddenly really worried and kind of freaked out. This is what I've wanted like, forever. For my entire life. I mean, on one hand I'm happy, but what if I fucking blow it? Has anyone else here on Sup Forums ever had a chance to like, actually fucking be somebody in the industry that they care about? How do I not blow it and make an ass out of myself?

no, none of us have. good luck user. make Sup Forums proud.

Do it user. Make Sup Forums : the show

which show is it

Doesn't have a concrete title yet. It's about friends working at a marijuana dispensary in Washington next to an Indian reservation. One of the working titles we're using is Flower Avenue, but that might not be final. Anything else about the show I probably shouldn't say.

dude who cares, there's so much irredeemable garbage out there that's being written and produced it's not like you're gonna out-shit them all and embarrass yourself. just relax and have fun with it

>How do I not blow it and make an ass out of myself?
Work hard. Don't procrastinate. Or alternatively wait til the last minute and then get ripped as fuck on liquor or meth or whatever you're into and crank that shit out.

Is this the Chuck Lorre show?

>Has anyone else here on Sup Forums ever had a chance to like, actually fucking be somebody in the industry that they care about?
No, so don't fuck up it up for the rest of us.

>How do I not blow it and make an ass out of myself?
Just be you user, that's what got you to the dance

write an episode that uses every single trope from the latest frog thread. it will be a slam dunk with the studio and you'll get hired on the spot.

tl;dr

good luck user
kill yourself

I won't give you advice because I hate you for getting a chance.

All I want to do is spend my days writing film criticism and making a meager salary that still pays my living needs. Instead it looks like I'm going to end up as a fucking high school teacher.

Good luck user, don't blow it. This life is awful, you have been given a chance to escape it. Try your hardest.

does anyone really believe they bought multiple seasons right off the bat. maybe for marvel shows.

You will fail to meet expectations
You've never been creative for a living
Enjoy the couple episodes you'll write before getting sacked

Nah, that's a different thing. Netflix is just really pushing for a lot of "DUDE WEED" shit right now because they know a lot of stoners just sit on their asses watching Netflix all day, I guess. So far it looks like the show isn't going to be retarded stoner garbage and is more just gonna use the dispensary and weed shit as a jumpoff point for crazy situations. At the moment it's kind of looking like Always Sunny with a dispensary instead of a bar.
You're all right as fuck. Chilling out probably won't be that hard once production actually starts, since the creator of the show manages an actual marijuana dispensary and all the weed on the show is gonna be real... Apparently the dude has six pounds sitting around just for the writers to use right now. At the moment I'm just really stressed out, although I'm sure I'll get into the flow of things.

They promised a plot development by a later season that the executives really liked, and the seasons are going to be pretty short. It's also not going to be very expensive to produce at all. I get your skepticism, though.
Appreciate you being real, in all likelihood you're right. I'll do my best and try not to fuck it up.

Don't do any hard drugs unless you are on vacation and you are absolutely positive 100% like fucking recorded yourself multiple times to see how you are on said drugs to make sure you aren't a total fucking asshole and you should be fine.

Also stay away from relationships (straight or gay) for the first few years of your 'success'. Unless of course you've already locked some pussy down these people will be leeches.

But yeah mainly stay away from what will likely be a neverending supply of sweet high-quality drugs. I'm not anti-drug at all, and I heartily encourage use of the fun stuff (no meth, shit that's normally smoked out of a lightbulb, or dirty chinese psycho compounds. keep your heroin and coke use classy) but drugs are the #1 thing that fuck up the newly successful in hollywood.

I just smoke pot and do coke like, once every few months. I actually just did a fair amount of coke last weekend so I'm chilling on that for a bit.

And I don't really fuck with relationships at all right now. My last girlfriend attempted to kill me so I'm kind of scarred in that regard. I'm content being single (or rather terrified to date again), so that should work in my favor.

I really appreciate the advice, a lot of members of my family ruined their lives with drug use so I've always been careful.

>I'm suddenly really worried and kind of freaked ou
thats normal, I was in the same position about a year ago
>living at home
>working a dead end job that I didnt exactly hate but didnt really like
>I was one of the top employees, could have probably stayed there if I wanted to
>new job offer that I had been waiting for comes up
>suddenly my dream seemed to be coming true, but this kind of scared me
>think that I could actually stay at my job and stay in my town my whole life and it wouldn't be that bad
then I got drunk to blow off some steam and realized I was just scared of change. Doing that met I was officially moving on with my life and I wanst a kid anymore so I thought staying at whatb I was doing would be the safe thing, but it wasnt.
You need to at least try this out m8, trust me. The only thing worse then never accomplishing a dream is giving up on it when you had a chance to make it happen

while what
said is pessimistic, realize that writing is a job. literally start right now. right something. set a goal to write something. if you can swing it take some group writing classes so you can get used to the idea of writing in a room with others who have different ideas and skills than you.

but really like. let yourself appreciate it. good vibes fuel good work, hard work. let your passion for writing consume you- coax it to, force it if you have to. meditate on that shit and let it burn you up inside. this is your moment- it may not be as quick and snappy as like some jason bourne shit where the split decision is life or death- but that IS happening. from here on your life will be completely different. no matter what it will be different. you are being given the chance to control if that difference will be extremely positive or extremely negative. hit it, boy.

Just do your best user, it's all you can do. It's common for writers to be intimidated or think of themselves as a fraud who can't actually write, but you just have to pull through it and write with all you got.

This is probably the best advice in the thread. I'm gonna step my shit up and make sure I don't fuck up. My friend who got me the opportunity and I have been writing pretty much non-stop since he told me about it, I'll look into some group exercises to make sure I don't get dull or fuck up in a group setting.
Yeah, I've always been super fucking critical of my own work even though people always tell me they think it's great. I had a semi-successful web series that I wrote awhile ago and people really liked it, but I grew to hate my own writing so much that I just kind of stopped. I'm gonna make sure not to let that happen this time and just take it seriously.