What is it about eclipses that makes them dangerous to look into?

What is it about eclipses that makes them dangerous to look into?

I mean obviously it's the sun but I mean the moon is covering it

And the way people are talking about it makes it seem like it's more dangerous than just the sun on its own.

I feel kinda retarded for not knowing but I was never told

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-pWw1NyFJDQ&lc=z23eubhxjna4ctylracdp430qrn5rixrdzv2ck53ilxw03c010c.1503328637571626
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the moon focuses the sunrays like a magnifying glass and burns your retina to crisp

whenever the sun is below half HP, it's next strike is a critical hit.

There aren't as much visible rays but the same amount of uv rays, meaning it won't do any more damage, but you won't have visible rays telling you to look away, so your eyes will feel fine while the uv rays are still frying your retinas.

Just to emphasize here. This is serious, it can really burn your eye.
I heard it can burn your cellphone camera as well. If you point at it directly

Makes sense! But what about the moon is focusing the rays? At first I thought it was gravity but idk if it's strong enough to influence the rays that much.

Oh shit u rite

>I heard it can burn your cellphone camera as well. If you point at it directly

You heard wrong, autistic user.

Yeah that's what I'm scared of. I guess this isn't so bad if it's only a partial eclipse? I'm in an area where we get a little less than a 90% eclipse I think

I mean you're still just looking at the sun. Pretty sure an eclipse isn't making it more powerful. I mean how often do u just stare at it? Also when it's dark out your pupils could dilate and probably make it worse idk

They look too much like op's moms butthole as it opens to release faesces

Normally the sun is so fucking bright that you can't really look at it and so you dont have to tell idiots to not look at the sun.

During the eclipse everyones gonna be looking and straight at it and lots of people are going to burn their retinas without some light blocking glasses

It's no more dangerous than looking at the sun any other time.

moon will block the same amount of visible light as uv and infrared.

No it does not. Fucking idiots everywhere. While light can be bent by gravity the moon is just too fucking small to act as a gravity lens

It is the sun. The sun is literally on fire so bright it provides energy for every thing on earth to live. Looking into it when it is not completely covered by the moon (partial or no eclipse) damaged your retina because they fire so hard sending Brightness information to your brain they might burn out in some cases.

usually the sun spreads the rays out , with the moon in front of it , it creates this cone shape

right it just doesnt hurt as much so its easier to look into it for 5-10 minutes

the sun is not on fire you retarded dipshit lol

>I heard it can burn your cellphone camera as well. If you point at it directly.

How the fuck do people believe this? This rumor came from people using eclipse glasses over their phone to get a better picture, not because the sun magically breaks your phone when 90% of it is being blocked out.
Take a picture of the sun right now. Your phone fine? I thought so.

ok , enjoy looking at the eclipse without glasses then :)

No. The pictured cone is the shadow of the moon, the light part is where the sun will be partially covered, the dark part is where the sun will be completely covered. The moon is not a lens...

this is b8
a b8 I hereby r8
2/8

someone told me the black part makes your pupils get bigger which makes you see more of the outside part of the sun and makes u go blind

People probably believe it because the sun fries telescopes

Just because the moon isn't a gravity lens doesn't mean that the sun behind it won't damage your eyes. Do humanity a favor an don't reproduce

That coneshape isthere because they only drew the rays that are being blocked by the moon.

I just had some one ask me if the eclipse was going to be to tonight.

I think they meant this evening but I still chuckled.

>talks about how the sun in sending "brightness information"
>you still fell for the "sun is on fire" meme
No sir, YOU are the dipshit

Your pupils remain dialated even though they are recieving damage. As a result, you can recieve thousands of times too much light. You can look at a total eclipse without filters, but anything less than total can destroy your retinas without filters.

The totality will last a very small time, if you can manage to look at the sun just during the totality, you are fine and don't need glasses but for every instance upto and following the totality looking at the sun is dangerous.

So just wear the glasses through the whole thing okay?

1. Looking into the sun is always dangerous.

2. Morons are 3000% times more likely to look at the sun during an eclipse.

3. Morons need to be reminded not to look at the sun, even during an eclipse

4. During the brief actual totality, you actually can look right at the fully-eclipsed sun without protection.

yes that's where you can see the eclipse on earth

Nothing, it's just a scam to sell cheap sunglasses.

Please tell me your not American...

The part, when sun isnt covered by the moon completely

It's a fuckin lie op, the PTB have perpetuated this myth that we shouldn't look at the eclipse because they know the truth that staring at an eclipse will unlock hidden Neuron connections in our brains and instantly make you smarter and more aware - some ppl have reported instantly developing psychic powers, massive gains in iq, while others have instantly lost tens of pounds of weight and become shredded as their body's latent catalytic metabolic processes suddenly kick into gear from the eclipses cosmic rays. The government and PTB don't want us to know this.

topkek - respect

low hanging fruit

Might be low hanging, but it's tasty as fuck

this is the first comment about this that actually makes sense and explains shit to me. thank you user.

this. Last eclipse, my dick grew 2inches and I've been able to move small objects with my mind ever since. In retrospect I wish I would have looked at it more than 5min, who knows what could have happened if I did.

But is still wrong, your pupils contract when the totality ends but no matter how much they contract, you will still get damage if you are looking at the sun

It is not possible to go completely blind from looking at the eclipse, Chou said, because the injury is limited to the central part of your visual field.

There are no immediate symptoms or pain associated with the damage — the retina doesn't have any pain receptors — so its hard to know at the time if you've actually been afflicted with eclipse blindness. If you look at the sun unfiltered, you may immediately notice a dazzle effect, or a glare the way you would from any bright object, but that doesn't necessarily mean your retina is damaged. According to Chou, symptoms generally begin occurring 12 hours after viewing the eclipse, when people wake up in the morning and notice their vision has been altered.

"They can’t see faces in the mirror, they can’t read the newspaper or the smartphone display, they’re having trouble looking at road signs, and basically they’ve got this center spot in their vision that is intensely blurred," Chou said.

This

NOT DANGEROUS AT ALL..
SPREAD IT KIDDOS
Sup Forums LIVES ON
youtube.com/watch?v=-pWw1NyFJDQ&lc=z23eubhxjna4ctylracdp430qrn5rixrdzv2ck53ilxw03c010c.1503328637571626

I don't even look at bright colours, esp. White. Even Concrete gray is far too bright, under the sun, for me to look at directly.
Why on earth would you look directly at the sun... I wouldn't, not even if the moon were closer and the sun was further.
I'm sure there is a name for why I can't look at bright objects or colours. Poorfag can't afford Optomitrist visit let alone what ever they might prescribe.

Feeling: burning like fire in the retina when looking at bright things, even artificial light.

its like a magnifying glass the thinner you make the sun beam the more intense it is

The glasses filter out a certain light spectrum so you are unable to see the aproaching planet X

I always walk backwards and look at the reflection of the world in my polished gold shield. its much safer. This is how I also watch eclipses

the visible light rays of the Sun are condensed by the Moon's gravity which intensifies their brightness just like a magnifying glass. A totally-eclipsed Sun is safe to view without any protection, but you need to be VERY careful that you are not suddenly surprised by the Sun "peeking out" as the total eclipse ends. Better to be safe and look away or put on eclipse glasses a full ten seconds before you think totality will end.

So, I could look at the sun during the eclipse if it's say... a reflection in my handy katana?

>retina to crisp
Ophthalmology much?

stand with your back to the sun and view eclipse with a mirror looking over your shoulde

bruh you can't be giving out secrets like that. I run a harem with my psychokinetic powers, and a lack of competition feelsgoodman. I don't need people developing their powers by looking at the clipse with their eyes.

Wait you have to use your eyes ?? And here I've been using my anus to absorb the rays.

Bahahahahahah