How can I feel emotion again?

How can I feel emotion again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a0ZkhlJUQAM
youtube.com/watch?v=DY1s9SmrQRE
psychologytoday.com/.../the-important-difference-between-sadness-and-...
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why the fuck would you want to?

You can't. You can pretend you do, sometimes even trick yourself, but mostly it's just emptiness from here on out.

I miss feeling happy. Hell I even miss feeling sad. I always just feel so somber.

So I'll never feel it again? Is falling in love out of the question as well?

Falling in love is the best way to trick yourself.

Then you break up, get really close to killing yourself again, then slowly you return to your numb self, like nothing ever changed. At least, that's how it has always been for me.

It's like I'm an alien or a robot. I'm just completely numb and I look at those around me and cannot fathom what there is to be so excited or so sad about. I'm searching for a woman and a human hand to hold. But I can't because I don't feel anything...

If you take anti-depressants... stop.
I felt nothing for 10 years until I quit my SSRI's, and a week after quitting them I felt completely alive again and rediscovered my love for life and stopped hating everyone and everything.

>implying you'd want to
Get a script for a double-dose (40mg) of the antidepressant Aropax, and listen to this fucking awesome shit ALL DAY LONG!

youtube.com/watch?v=a0ZkhlJUQAM

And then, when you're FUCKING READY FOR THE WHOLE GOD DAMN EXPERIENCE!, listen to the entire album of Carpenter Brut.

youtube.com/watch?v=DY1s9SmrQRE

THEN YOU WILL BE READY FOR THE WORLD. READY FOR DANCING. READY FOR FUCKING. READY FOR NOT FEELING EMOTIONS AND SHIT.

Stop taking antidepressants

Slam your hand in a car door. That should immediately trigger the emotion of regret. Build from that.

I'm in the same boat and I haven't ever touched antidepressants.

I don't take any.

hey there autismo

go outside, drive to the store. do somethig normal like this every day. make it a point to get up and go out and just do something. anything.

just smile at people and say hi or some shit and level up your social skills.

most important thing though is to get up and moving around.

Do heroin for three days.
Not even joking.

fix your sleep schedule. get a hobby.

you can start by correctly identifying the actually condition you are referring to ,
and stop being a self entitled whiny narcissist,

You don't have to answer, but I imagine you're a teenager? Maybe you haven't had a first love yet? The reason I say that is because you sound exactly like teenage me.

If you follow in my footsteps, something I hope you don't do, you will have a first love, you will open up to her, you'll cry for the first time in years to her. It will feel amazing. After that initial return of sadness you'll start to feel other emotions again too.

For me, since I had been emotionally dead since about 12 or 13, I felt like an emotional 12 year old, despite being 17. I cried over stupid shit like not being able to get a job, I got so mad I punched walls over stupid shit, but I was feeling something, so I didn't want to lose her no matter what.

Then she left me, and I cried and cried, couldn't sleep for almost a year. Then I was numb again.

Even now, remembering all of this, I don't even real feel sad. There is a look of absolute neutrality on my face. Maybe if my first love was still with me I'd still be a human, not a robot.

I go out and about every day. I'm an electrician and I drive to LA every morning because that is where I work. I interact with my contractor and other workers all day every day. Being social is not the problem.
Everyone on this board thinks you have to be a NEET or a cave dweller or a wizard to feel like this and it's not true.

See Im 18 so i guess that counts. I was numb all of middle and high school.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way. I go to work and interact with people, even joke around. But I really don't feel anything. It's just an act, and it's a relief to get home and away from people so I can stop.

You aren't the only one bro, I've been like this ever since I was a young child, it doesn't change. I tried to find love, happiness, sadness. It doesn't come. Enjoy being a robot

Funnily enough, I found Sup Forums when I was about 12 or 13 too. Maybe this place is the place that makes us like this. Or maybe I'm confusing cause and effect, maybe this place attracts people like us.

>LA
LOL
anyway you do have to be a cave dweller. "interacting" with coworkers is not being social. some people go through periods where they are burned out or grieving, but you're attention whoring about how you can't feel "emotion" without any other context. you're just lonely and bored. go outside, meet some people, drink with them, have fun. you don't feel anxiety apparently so just try it out for my sake. since you don't feel overwhelmed by anything either, you should also pick up a few classes in programming or something you find interesting.

When I was younger I remember working at StoneFire Grill. Their policy is to be extremely friendly and smile at all the customers. When customers come through the door, you're supposed to say "Welcome to StoneFire!" I would tell my dad when he picked me up from work, "Finally I'm out of there. It feels so bad to fake happiness for 8 hours."

wow
have to say " you arm chair psychologists" are funny as hell.
and so far not one of has correctly identified the condition OP and some of you care describing you have and/or had,
is it any wonder why you fools continue this shitty little circle jerk you got going on for yourselves and nothing ever really changes for you...

Keep watching tv, play vidya and browse online aimlessly. Eat unhealthy food. Masturbate several times a day. Maybe tomorrow will be different.

Already into programming. Took a few classes in HS and now just working as an electrician while I take my gap year off of school to pay for school next fall. Planning on majoring in programming.

Yeah I don't have social media. No Instagram, snapchat, Facebook or whtever else there is. Just Sup Forums and steam.

>Carpenter Brut
my nigga

See pic for instructions

Not that anyone fucking asked, but I have GAD and Major Depression. Yes, I've tried numerous medications (5 different SSRIs/SNRIs and benzos for the anxiety). None have helped. But thanks for your concern trolling, faggot.

I broke my TV years ago. I hate TV. I play vidya whenever I'm not working though. Working on Fallout 4 and GTA 5 currently. Besides that I play Overwatch.

my word

well you are doing better then most
why you should give a shit about the minutia of other people inane lives is beyond me:
who the fuck really cares about what someone you know is having for lunch , and taking a picture to show everyone is ridiculously narcissistic because they somehow believe that people really think that much about them..

fug :DDDDDDD

>condition
like 60% of the teenagers i've met announce that they don't care about anything or don't feel emotion. 100% say edgy shit in general. stop overthinking this. if OP could not empathize with people, he wouldn't even recognize what emotion is or think about it. he's just a typical defensive cunt who thinks expressing himself makes him vulnerable, and he's blogging about it because he's lonely.

>doing better than most
Not him, but this is weirdly the worst thing to say to me.

Yeah I know I have nothing to really complain about, I have a pretty good life, it just makes me feel like some whiny bitch that can never be pleased. Makes me feel like an ungrateful prick for being the way I am still.

but you are an ungrateful prick.

Not lonely.
I can't express myself if there is nothing to express. I can realize that I feel nothing because I've been in situations where something happens and everyone around me is feeling extreme happiness or extreme sadness and I don't feel the same as them. There is a girl who claims to love me and is always looking for me and coming to me. She's beautiful and her intentions are good. I just wish I could love her.

okay ,
well first let me tell you this then : MR I have GAD and Depression
BOTH OF THOSE are fucking emotions
two .. let ask this :
how much sunlight do get ? are out side at least 4 to 5 hours a day .. have you had your blood VITAMIN D and your blood vitamin B 12 levels checked ?
I am guessing here that you are most likely self medicating with Maryjane and that you are somewhat over weight ..
how close am I ?

Take an empathogen like 6-apb or mdma.

Yeah.

what did you have for lunch fam?

Not even a little bit. I don't do any drugs. I have a few beers maybe every 3 months, at most. I get plenty of sun, and I take a multivitamin every day. And no, disorders are not emotions.

heh...
social media is a cancer and it is isolating , there is no actually interaction with people
this does not allow for the formation of empathetic filters , this means that there are no consequences for saying shit that is hurtful ., you don't get to see how what you say to someone else affects them

>depression isn't emotion
>im 18 btw
go out more.

height and approx weight?

you are correct, sir

No, it isn't retard. I'm not sad. I'm just listless and unmotivated because everything seems tedious and pointless, kind of like having this exchange with a faux know-it-all like you. And doubling down on "go out more" when I told you I'm outside plenty just makes you seem more stupid.

5'11"
155 lbs

>inb4 exercise/work out/run
I've done those plenty and they didn't help at all.

Anxiety is an emotion characterized by feelings of tension, worried thoughts and physical changes like increased blood pressure. People with anxiety disorders usually have recurring intrusive thoughts or concerns. They may avoid certain situations out of worry.

Anxiety - American Psychological Association
www.apa.org/topics/anxiety/

psychologytoday.com/.../the-important-difference-between-sadness-and-...

Oct 2, 2015 - Sadness is a normal human emotion. We've all experienced it and we all will again. ... Depression is an abnormal emotional state, a mental illness that affects our thinking, emotions, perceptions, and behaviors in pervasive and chronic ways. When we're depressed we feel sad about everything

so I would have to disagree with you there.
the cited references are there as well

I was thinking you were possibly scrawny and weak, maybe you feel like a manchild.

>outside plenty
go out with friends. do new things.

>unmotivated
shut the fuck up. you are desperate as fuck to convince everyone in this thread about some meaningless edgy point about yourself. that's not depression, that's laziness. you're clearly spoiled rotten. if you're so stupid that you can't find something fulfilling or enjoyable, strip away all your conveniences and start over somewhere completely new. you'll have no time to be an edgy retard.

Well, you heroes posting on Sup Forums in the middle of the day clearly have it all figured out. Thanks for the insight.

we've been 18 before, so there's that. if you don't like the attention you're getting, don't attention whore.

It's not forever bruh, one day something will happen and you'll have to grow up.

well I work nights
so this would be the equivalent evening for me
and wow so much hostility..not getting the sympathy you want is pointing to my earlier observation that you are very immature and narcissistic these are the traits of a preteen child

I guess we destroyed his little fantasy that "NO ONE understands me and all this angst that I feel "

and shit I agree with you LOL
I would love to put these little fucks in an eviroment that forced them to survive ..just simple act of getting water and food for a day , they would never have any time to feel " I am so depressed my life is meaningless "
starvation tends to change one view of what is important.

Mass murder a kindergarden full of kids. That usually bring a smile to my face.