The Strain

So that was the Master in the last episode?! Was he recast or something? Talk about underwhelming. Hey I'll bet you it says in the book that you have to kill the big worm that comes out of his body when you kill him or it's all for nothing...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pwUuWEiEYrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

now he's gonna use the wiener kid. show goes on for 3 more seasons.

was the master recast tho? I only realized it was the real master when I saw the worm, goddammit that's such a waste.

Why didn't they just step on it?

seriously

There's been at least four onscreen versions of the Master so far

The Giant
The Rockstar
The Caveman
The Roman

ay HOL UP

The rockstar was recast right, I'm pretty damn sure I've never seen the dude killed in the last episode.

goddammit why's it so hard to get a straight answer

That's a negatory. Looks like Jack Kesy is listed as "Gabriel Bolivar/The Master" in every episode.

They DID definitely change his makeup pattern, though. Repeatedly.

Same guy just checked IMDb

So Quinlan isn't dead yet then? The Master isn't dead.

thanks, I checked too but couldn't believe it, just watched it again, still can't believe it. Man that was really badly done that scene then, so little impact because you can hardly recognize him.
Oh well, otherwise decent episode I guess.

nope idd

So how about them mexicans unleashing the mom on 2 humans, what the fuck

"Over 1000 years" of planning and he comes in guns blazing with 2 smg's and then cuts his head off, only because the Master was hurt from the grenade he didn't plan, failing to get the job done properly.
Can't say i wasn't disapointed too.

Just look for the red eyes and you know the master is present

beaners are worst storyline. Also wish Zachary was dead since they changed his actor he's been a little prick.

how fucking far was he btw, they could have killed the bald idiot four times by then. They shoulda put some more work into that scene, overall kinda satisfied with the action and underwhelmed at the same time, kinda weird.

Scene was shit. Anyone read the books?

>hasn't read the book

What are you, gay?

>Just look for the red eyes and you know the master is present
There was one fakeout on this last season.

A muncher gets red eyes looking at Zach and then the camera cuts away... and it's Kelly watching on the other end.

I can't tell if that was supposed to be tremendously significant or not because she's literally the only vampire to ever do that trick aside from the big guy himself - not even Eichorst has demonstrated such ability.

On my list to read. How much better are they than the show? Show has a certain quality for sure but at times it is god awful.

The show has gone full Throne Game and diverged from the books at this point. Shit is totally different now.

i just rewatched the scene and no red eyes...

nerd

Early series has some legitimately weird moments, and as a whole it's pretty good.

I'm 90% sure they won't go Full Fallen Angel with the show, because audiences will riot, but in the books Ozyrel is corrupted by Sodomites and Gommorans into drinking blood and presumably raping people, and God punishes the shit out of him by splitting him into seven supervampire hellworms and inflicting them upon the Earth, because God's a bitch nigga.

If you mean the pier fight, yeah. The Master seems to mostly only do the red eye thing himself when he's directly connected to a baby vamp.

It... doesn't go so well there either...

Sounds bretty interesting

The new Master must be someone we've met, or the writers have gone full-retard.

That means it can only be:
>Happy Nazi
>Bitch Lady
>Palmetto
>Zach Attack

Who else?

Beaner's mom

that's pretty cool

oh

Hmm, my votes go to the Nazi or Zach

Gus's mom

The pilot has a spooky irrelevant bit where he recollects this recurring vision/nightmare where a fucking vampire monster lived behind the wardrobe at his Grandma's house or some shit, and now he's come back, and he's getting closer, and it's kinda fucked up.

Made me wonder if the Master was retconning his fucking life to fuck his mind, or if he was just an unlucky fuck.

Is he OK?

Based

Got the first book for three bones will give it a read

>fat old Mexican woman Master
That's so stupid it will definitely happen

He's dead, Jim

Only one thing matters to me.

Will we get TALKING SPACE DOGE

Show is already batshit insane why not?

The Master is the youngest of the Seven Ancients, the throat of Ozyrel, and the biggest fuckhead of the Seven. The rest are pretty chill bros that are totally down with just Masquerading the time away for all time until Judgment Day or some shit.

Is the worm escaping in the books?

Nope. No indication any one vampire worm is more significant than any other - if anything it makes things worse because every last one of those little bastards is potentially the Master

Remember, he's a product of a Divine Curse. Shit doesn't even have to make sense, and attempts by Goodweather to make it make sense are doomed to fail.

Yeah it was a big letdown when they failed yet again

why didn't quinlan just shoot the master with a bazooka

THAT IS NOT FAIR

So is Quinlan Dead?
youtube.com/watch?v=pwUuWEiEYrk

Quinlan gets worse at fighting his dad as he goes along

>not having Dutch as your slavefu
Why live?

>tfw no strigoi mommyfu to bring you comic books

Happy Nazi Rapist is my husbando

Tell me what the fuck's happening here.

I don't get it

God is the dog

What happened to the ISS?
Why has the woman gone batshit?
Where have the crew gone?
Why is the station's emergency lighting dead?
Why the fuck did God choose to manifest himself as that woman's childhood pet?

Because the show is actually better than the books even if people nitpick good moments from the books.

...yeah. Quinlain just sliced his head. Just a foot step away.

No kidding. I'm getting real fucking sick of Gus and "muh mama". They could have spent more time with either helping the other Elder Vamps or fucking drafted in the army.

The dude is seriously dragging the series with his vato loco but heart of gold mexican shit.

Are the books worth reading?

this show is so fucking stupid

Not reading the books, EVER, because no one replied to me.

Too thick to just step on

God I hope they end this season with the nuclear winter. Thats when it gets interesting with all the backstory to Master and ancients

Don't forget that old bastard finally dying

LOL

I like how he could have just used that super speed shit to fuck up those turned soilder guys, but he just sat there getting shot up

Satrakian dies?