Any microbiologists anons know how to extract and purify penicillin from a penicillium culture growing in an isolated...

Any microbiologists anons know how to extract and purify penicillin from a penicillium culture growing in an isolated water environment? Attempting to become adept at producing homebrew antibiotics, and penicillium was easy to grow and isolate at home.

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

acs.org/content/acs/en/education/whatischemistry/landmarks/penicillin.html
lmgtfy.com/?q=how to extract penicillin from mould
google.com/patents/US2503216
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

never learned, allergic

Yes, but you need to be carful when extraction, the toxcicty of it can airrate and cause siver illness, very simple, grow, blow and eat the snow

Don't you have to scrape it, then boil it in water, and let it dry, and the residue has to go through some sort of ether in an acidic solution to further clean it.

I remember watching on TV once about it, no chemist or chemistry expert, but from what I remember it wasn't difficult.

right...

yes, the pic is related but im further in the process, i have a culture of a white penicillium species like shown in the pic growing in water, but I don't know what to do from that point.

>microbioLOGists

acs.org/content/acs/en/education/whatischemistry/landmarks/penicillin.html

Dude, the antibiotic produced from Pennicillum bacteria is only pruduced when the bacteria is stressed. You need to culture it in a lactic acid solution, dessicate it and then remove the bacteria, leaving behind the compund. Unless you know what you are doing it wont be overly effective. Maybe use the dessicated bacterial mix as a topical powder for gram-negative skin infections.

I've already seen this, it mainly discusses the history of penicillin production especially during WWII rather than going in depth in a process.

Its in water which has been boiled with lemons, the lemons were later strained out, so it is fairly acidic.

YouTube
Google
Duckduckgo
Etc
Etc

Nice trips! I dont know how lemon juice would work, it contains citric acid but it also contains sugars. Be interesting to see how it turns out. Done a culture on it yet?

yes the first step is acquiring a sethiscope

What do you think ive been doing, most of the results are either historic documentation on the discovery of penicillin, or 'natural' and 'health' nuts rubbing fungi on themselves. I am looking to purify the fungi into penicillin.

Its growing nicely already, I just need to know how to process and purify it, but I have been searching for a while with no answers unfortunately.

If i recall, solvent extraction and freeze dry but I haven't done that sort of stuff in 15 years.

Could you go in more detail?

Does OP need antibiotics or need to learn how to manufacture antibiotics? If it's to learn, ok. If in need of, there are easier ways.

I could if I had time and my text books. I got out of the pharma game 15 years ago. Sorry. Try google scholar or googling the patent for it.

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to extract penicillin from mould

Literally the first link...

Well both, I want antibiotics, but I would also like to learn. I would prefer to learn to make my own though, as I could produce them myself for little cost.

Look for Pfizer's patents from the 40s on industrial penicillin production from fermentation.

google.com/patents/US2503216

Thanks, these are really specific about the conditions under which to extract, as well as the equipment needed, but ill try to extrapolate a method to purify my homebrew penicillium based on pfizer's patents

No problem. As for the equipment I'd recommend checking out the Cody's Lab channel on youtube. kid does some amazing shit with like farm equipment and basic kitchenware.Best I can describe it is hillbilly chemistry. Last video I watched he made aqua regia in what looked to be a milk jug.

that's an orange. you're trying to make LSD.

are you retarded