How did this thing become popular world wide?

how did this thing become popular world wide?
there was no internet back then
who started the trend?
how did every kid in the 90's draw this s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XeNKhm09Q88
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>who started the trend?
I did
t. trendstarter

TV? Don't know tbqh

>how did every kid in the 90's draw this s?
It's easy! You start with 6 lines, then you just connect them :)

an example of a meme before the internet

That's cray cray . Back then we used to say that this kind of S meant a gangsine from the Salvatruchas.

It was also popular long in to the 00's, senp.

It was a social experiment.

It was a plot by the jews to create a distorted image of the american dollar in the upcoming generation, which is often depicted as an 'S' with two lines going down the centre

Do those still exist?

never heard of this thing before internet, wasnt a thing where i lived

Noice.

You must not be a kid from the 90's.

What is it?

Pretty sure it was some logo on a hat that was a popular fashion accessory of the time but I could be wrong

It's an acceptable aternative for drawing swastikas on everything

Wait everyone knows this? I thought it was just in my neighborhood

fuck, i did that too
i never thought it was a global thing

global collective consciousness of course
it's easier to tap into it as a youth

Lmao wtf i thought this was a NA thing

Only girls and faggots would do this kind of embellishments in the elementary school

was it not featured in music clips or some shit?

>Origin
It is unclear when or where the symbol originated, but many believe it is based off a logo for Stussy[1], a clothing company based in Irvine, California. However, others question that claim since there’s no irrefutable evidence that the symbol ever appeared on any of Stussy’s clothing lines and the symbol itself is believed to date back as far as the late 1950’s. Some believe the symbol was created by unknown graffiti artists in the past.
Spread

>The Super S symbol became very popular in the 1980’s and 1990’s, and is considered a staple of the latter decade among those who grew up in that time period. However, many schools didn’t like students drawing the symbol and some schools would later ban it all together, usually in the belief that it was associated with gangs and was an distraction in class. To this day, the “Super S” can be seen drawn on notebook paper by children.

Weird how it spread and no one knows the origin. Mandela effect, perhaps?
I could have sworn it appeared on clothing, I guess not. Must be a berenstein bear scenario.

>Stussy
It's from the Suzuki car company. Stussy just took credit.

It's a human instinct to draw their dna spiral

Imagine historians, archaeologist and cryptologist found this in 2000 years and think it's some kind of religious or occult symbol.
Too bad I will never experience that time to laugh about them.

I remember learning this: in kindergarten, we had these people called "buddies" who were 5th graders, basically like big brothers. Mine showed me how to do it and I showed my whole class.

it could look like a tree of life too

This is what I thought of first when I saw the OP

>worldwide

how small is your world lad

Okay but what does it even mean?

Never seen that, did everybody do that stupid shit in your school

it's still a thing today, i was born late 90s and did it too. I'm fairly sure even today kids still do it. I reckon it propagates through schools somehow.

does that thing have a wikipedia page? Would love to read through it

>Germany

wtf im in Austria

same shit
t. assigns flags to Sup Forums anons

My uncle who was a teenager at the time showed me how to draw it in in 1996.

i thought it had to do with "straightedge"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

t. bönde

yes
most memes before internet were spread by pop music (whatever genre) albumb covers and videoclips

blame it on your internet service provider

Wasn't this a skateboard brand or something like that?

It means your gay if you drew this.

Back in high school all the gay boys would draw this on their bags to signify that they are available to other guys.

It was popular in our school during the yo-yo craze,pokemon red and those paper poppers.

Ahah

I wonder what kids do in school nowadays
There doesn't seem to be any new crazes that I'm aware of

The last time I was hanging out by the elementary school bird watching I saw kids mostly play games on their phones

>tfw the yoyo guy would come once a year to do a show and sell yoyos
>tfw bought a nice butterfly yoyo that fit in my hand perfectly and doing around-the-world, eiffel tower, walk the dog, etc.
why were the 90s so comfy?

because you are too old to know or care.

The 90's were great but I was terrible at skateboarding and yo-yos. I could barely walk the dog

>The last time I was hanging out by the elementary school bird watching.

Walk the dog was easy, just sleep the yoyo and let it touch the ground softly. I was terrible at skateboarding though but it was fun af.
>tfw broke my ankle after rolling over a large crack in the sidewalk
>tfw felt somewhat like a normie after getting injured doing something physical

Comfy music
youtube.com/watch?v=XeNKhm09Q88