Guitar and or player thread. Here,s some of mine. WTF do you have? Shoe em

Guitar and or player thread. Here,s some of mine. WTF do you have? Shoe em

My only two instruments.

sweet. i did a lot of shows back when i was younger with a violin bow page type solo. it got a bit expensive

Posted these earlier this year.

haven't seen these before, tell me about them

The guitar is a first act i spruced up with duct tape. The see through 5 string bass my dad bought me at a garage sale for 150. The input jack cable has been torn from its ground and needs to be soldered back on but other than that plays great. The classical was 25 bucks, is northrn brand, which ive never heard of, and plays nicely. I have two other classicals not shown in pic and a ukelele...but fuck ukes.

>The classical was 25 bucks, is northrn brand,
that's the 2nd one i've seen up here in two days that looks like my Conn, far right in the OP pic

>The guitar is a first act i spruced up with duct tape
and BTW, you have to explain this. i've never spruced anything up with duct tape. i gots to know

I have a squier strat

pics or it didn't happen

get it setup and it'll sound fine, I used a squier start that I bought in yearly for tune ups and it played fine for 2 years.

>get it setup and it'll sound fine
yeah. i played some seriously cheap shit when i was young and i got by. i'd have given my left nut for a squire back then.

I've got a Yamaha acoustic. I really like it, but I haven't been able to get strings for it for a few months so it's just hanging on my wall with no strings.

Yes I'm too broke to afford guitar strings.

I also have one of these

>I'm too broke to afford guitar strings
that's pitiful. christ, i'd give you a set. so sad

Sure you did.

what the hell is that? looks like something i saw hanging up in woolco back in 1975

>Sure you did.
don't fucking even. i was ripping off jimmy page when you were in fucking diapers

its 6 fucking bucks for a set of ernie balls

and like 7 for some cheap daddario strings

>daddario strings
i actually like those, when i can't find dean markley custom lites, i use d'addarios or just buy 2 sets and mix em up

probably my favorite guitar i own

There she is. I actually forgot that she has SOME of her strings. But both the E strings snapped. I tried practicing a bit without them, but it just doesn't work.

fuck me.

forgot to crop the fucking thing.

cant crop and are too poor to afford a cheap set of daddario strings

good job getting to this point

In front of your mom and 3 distant cousins.

>fuck me.
hahahaha
i wouldn't dream of it
now that's funny

When you don't cry yourself to sleep you hugless virgin.

Okay, there's a proper pic.

oh fucking god, it's you again. dude, just admit you have no fucking talent and bail in the thread. you don't have to try to impress everybody here to make up for your lack of purpose.

everybody ignore this guy. he will bomb the thread with pissed off comments because he never progressed beyond red river valley in the mel bay songbook

Ive got a shit Gio Ibanez i like to make noise with

damn how do you recognize me from a guitar pic

Gio isn't a shit guitar. it's an entry level, but it's not a shit guitar

2 mosrite clones. 1 is a Man or Astroman signature, the other the one nirvana used in the heart shaped box video

I actually bought two sets of daddario strings last time I bought strings.

The first set I put on lasted over a year for me. But the second set snapped both the E strings.
Go figure.

True, but Ive been too lazy to really get anything better. I couldnt take a pic of mine so i nabbed one off of google. Its exactly like this one.

>nirvana
ouch. i remember that toe on the trigger day. he wasn't my favorite Seattle asshole, but damn what a way to go.

I saw the circuit board pattern and popped a boner.

That is a Teisco tulip, i believe. MIJ. very thin bodies.. too bad you dont have the gold foil pickups, its worth about $100

got it with no fucking clue as to what to look for.

overall pretty ok, but i need some proper pickups and most likely a fret levelling.

also i hardtailed it cuz floating bridge doesn't lock and it's gotten to be a pain

i've got a 7 string Gio and i had a 6 string HSH that i gave to my housekeepers daughter for christmas (pic included). wifey is about to get a Gio bass, she's going to be my bass player if she will get off her ass and practice. i wish i could have had access to decent instruments like this for a resonable price when i was a teenager, hell maybe i'd be a better player now than i am.

anyway, here's that Gio i gave away

>i need some proper pickups
curious, what do you not like about the stock pickups?

my latest acquisition. $80

i trussed it and tightened up everything, new strings, and taadaa!!

80 fucking dollars. seriously.

oops, forgot the pic

tbh i don't really hear anything problematic but
they say "designed by EMG" and i just heard that the proper brand stuff is superior.

also they tend to lose their height over time and i have to readjust them every so often.

Dude, you're one of Sup Forums's stars. You're the MVP.

it's probably the same pickup but made under license. i always say go with your ear. the sound is what matters, above all.

seriously, when i'm just grinding like all hell, does anyone really know or care what i have under my strings? if i can get the sound i want, i could give fuck all who made the equipment.

>you have no talent
>you're trying to impress
Throwing the 'you have no talent' insult at me for just recognising the casual *I'm a guitar God* dream , literally fits the usual situation where idiots like you get debunked and then show frustration.

>You're the MVP
Most Virtuous Player?
My Vital Penis?
More Virtual Plantain?
you must be more suspifick.

sounds good, thx. it was a low priority anyway. the fret thing is more annoying.

well sorry, i thought you were that other asshole that just hangs around waiting to dive bomb guitar threads to show his knowledge of things he knows nothing of. my mistake.

you must gimme a break, every time anyone says anything about music, that asshat jumps in and trys to show himself off as an expert on everything. my apologies

All fine dude, if that Lester is yours, it's a sweet geetah. I'm getting a Lester myself soon for slide purposes.

>I'm a guitar God

and actually, i never said that. i said i did violin bow solos, ripping off page. that is true, my band played many shows in the 1980s (yes, i'm old) and i did violin solos at any show i could get away with it at. not so much in bars, those where shorter sets, but in halls or gymnasium size venues, yeah. sorry, not going to apologize for being good.

I like guitar

Custom Fretless Ibanez 4 string bass - Worn Blue
Squire by Fender BASS VI - Olympic White (Custom Staytrem hardware)
Fender Jaguar 2008 Bass - Fiesta Red with matching headstock

And two guitars

Fender Jazzmaster MIM (Not the Cheap HHS shit)
Fender American Telecaster Seafoam green all rosewood neck (one piece)

but not good ones

no you to be honest

good, all fine
less fighting and more playing, that's what we need

pics or it didn't happen

But I've got a new phone with no pics on it, and my girl is sleeping.

ok, given. don't wake her, you'll be in deep shit

another of my Washburns, pictured here with my epiphone. which, by the way, has come out as a great guitar lately. it took a few months to get some sound through it, but it's sounding really fucking good now. i was about to sell it, i'm glad i didn't

but anyway, the Washburn is top shelf. mahogony and sounds like a fucking dream

Did the majority of you guys self taught or took lessons? I self taught

Got this from my grandpa who passed away recently. A 70 year old german semi-acoustic guitar by FRAMUS. What do you think?

i self taught for 3 years, got a teacher for one year and then self taught again to this day.

it just a hobby though. nowadays i play the rhythm parts of metallica songs when i need to burn some energy.

self taught. learned to play with a silvertone guitar, the first led zeppelin record, and Aerosmith's draw the line on 8 track. i didn't come out of my bedroom for about 6 months. when i finally did, i was pretty damn good. i was recruited by every band in town for quite a while, until i figured i could make more money elsewhere. so now i do it as a hobby

self taught with justinguitar, mans a god

never heard of them, how does it sound?

found a video of me playing the new tele and I screenshotted a piece.
here is what it looks like

you are a loser.

show us who you are, show us a youtube video of you shredding, or, well. suck a dick you are nobody. that's the rules.

wanna fight? I CHALLENGE YOUUUUUU TO A ROCK OFFFF. LETS GO FAGGOT.

yes it's me. this is easily one of the only ways we can wheat from the chaff these idiots in music industry.

show us what you got, bitch. let's go. if not, i have bad news for you.

i've thought about getting a telecaster, but i just don't think it's my style. i love the way they sound, i just don't think my style would match up with a tele. i've played my friend's old one, i think it's like a 59 semi acoustic, but i just don't know.

retard asian. go away. you are ant ant person and don't have any heart. next.

I went to buy one of those at guitar center, it was 1450 I said okay okay thats fine and said next paycheck. I came back it was 1550, now it's fucking 1600 something. Read they only made 200 of those so the prices keep going up. im gonna snag one literally tomorrow now. ugh

beginner scrub, come back in 5 years.

ugly worthless pile of shit you can't play. next.

>I CHALLENGE YOUUUUUU TO A ROCK OFFFF

oh christ, look out. jack black just got in town. look out hero

fatass no talent, shitbag with a complete waste of time guitar. next.

is there any actual talent on Sup Forums?

literal retard. no contract for you. who else?

let's hear you genius

go smoke some more meth/speed.

not interested. next.

That's why I have a Jazzmaster as well. What type of music do you play? I only just bought this telecaster after not liking them for 8 years or so. This one sounds so good and feels amazing.

Yeah I was fortunate to get it around the original 1449 price, saw it go up to 16-something not even a week later. They are limited edition I believe you're right it was 200 and the Strat was limited to 800.

remember, i warned you guys about this

Got an Ibanez grx70qa-tks and an ltd ec-330fm

I'm a beginner and broke

fucking what. just stop.

tryhard no skills. next.

>washburn

kys

>i spend money on flame maple tops but can't play, the post. go die. next.

cancer the post

sell it

just, just go die. plz k thx. no record contract for you. next.

>What type of music do you play?
anything, just anything. i've been in gospel, bluegrass, metal, jazz, and classic rock bands. i don't give a shit, i just like to play

everybody just ignore this asshole, he's only here to piss you off. he gets his kicks like that

Get an offset, Jazzmasters and jaguars always look amazing on stage and would fit any of those genres perfectly both style and sound wise.
If you want more punch mod the pickups. You can get a decent MIM on sale for 700ish or used for 500 if you look hard enough.

awe whats wrong? drunk crazy music industry guys aren't allowed to be on Sup Forums in the middle of the night looking for talent? SHOW ME TALENT THEN, FAGGOT.

show me a single one of these people doing ANYTHING other than playing cover songs or some other stupid shit. show me someone with TALENT. I'll wait! i'll legit sit here and wait. let's go. you want a fucking contract? show me why. show me you have the ground support, the fans, the actual interest. show me you're not a fucking loser nobody neckbeard with too much money on his hands who buys expensive gear and doesn't know how to play it. SHOW ME THAT.

i'll wait.

as if you are the only one that has pretended to be a scout with the checkbook in your back pocket. so sad. i've used that ruse many more times than you probably have, and with more success. still, i don't want to blow your cover, so......

I'd never sign with you you're unstable and close-minded. Those who sign, always whine.

as a beginner, I used bronze phosphor strings at first and that was BAD for my fingers they hurt like hell everytime i played

NO
TALENT

Don't you have better things to do, you gabagool

my cordoba c5
idk i thought a demon lived in it for a while after taking acid
thought it could calm demons down
i got pretty high

smart man, there is nothing to sign with. he's looking to get something. trust me, i know this routine, i've used it before myself

that's fine, plenty of other idiots to do the job.

blow.... who's cover, exactly? the chans are a widely known public message board. we're only looking for talent. i don't see what the problem is.

but since you can show none of us anything, at all, not a youtube, not a soundcloud, not a spotify, not a single thing with any views...

have fun with your expensive guitars you pretend you know how to play. bye.

t. WMG, literal, unironic, asshole, music industry pricks who come out on here to fuck around and maybe scout someone decent. goodnight.

nice guitar, i really like hollow-bodies buuut...dem shoes man, sweet lord above

see, the big labels routinely scrub Sup Forums to find new talent.....yeah, right.

i got a bridge i want to sell you so call me.

i've been there, done that. you are pretending to be something i was 20 years ago. HAHAHA

I'm trying to learn to play with Rocksmith, but it's frustrating as fuck
Any tips?