How did this movie age so well? It looks better than the Star Trek remake

How did this movie age so well? It looks better than the Star Trek remake.

People actually gave a shit back then.

This is a good movie, and anyone who claims otherwise can go fuck themselves with a rake.

The pre-cgi effects in the old trek films have aged really well as well. A lot of the model work in TMP is amazing, even compared to the advancements in computer effects today. They put a lot of effort and detail in the robot planet interior. I swear there's a scene where the camera flies over a city-scape that could easily be mistaken for a real city if taken out of context.

Watched this last night actually. It's the fact that, yes there are some large scale effects and whatnot, but it still generally has a fairly small-scale focus on the characters. There's breathing space for Picard. I feel the same way about The Voyage Home - plot wise, there isn't even a lot to it, it's a pretty lowkey film, but it just works. Because it isn't swamped in CGI and retarded Easter eggs like R2 D2 in ST09, scenes like Picard smashing the glass in a rage have more impact and feel more human.

Frakes is a better director than he ever gets credit for.

Based Rick Berman delivered a huge hit with a mere $45 million budget (below $70 million in today's dollars). For comparison, Mission: Impossible and Independence Day were $80 million and $75 million respectively.

Brilliant theme as well

>Borg as villains
>Picard as the intellectual action hero
>Data episode
>Cochrane and the first warp drive
>I like to dream, yeah starts playing

It couldn't go wrong.

>intellectual action hero

I watched it yesterday and enjoyed it very much. I think it has to do with the dark setting and sparing use of CGI. The outdoors scenes on earth also keep it fresh.

But why are the borg so interested in humanity though? Our technology seems so shitty compared to theirs and even marvels like Data are called primitive. If its knowledge of the history and geography of this side of the galaxy then surely they already got a great deal of it from Picard

coco butter

All of the best Star Trek movies/episodes involve time travel

prove me wrong. pro tip: you can't

How do I re watch Enterprise after 5 years?

What episodes do I skip? Just watched Broken Bow.

Couldn't find a chart like pic related for it.

I'd give it top 5 Star Trek, I suppose.Probably slot into exactly fifth place, actually.

Agreed and it actually made sense that Picard turned so Rambo like with all his previous history of being violated by the Borg.

TOS: 1>2>3
TNG: 3>4>6>5>7>1>2
DS9: 4>6>5>2>3>7>1

Is this accurate?

Can someone post a chart for the movies, too?

>How do I re watch Enterprise after 5 years?
from start to finish
>What episodes do I skip? Just watched Broken Bow.
none
>Couldn't find a chart like pic related for it.
no need

>But why are the borg so interested in humanity though?

I'm not sure it's so much that they want humanity as they want the Federation, and Earth is the linchpin in the Federation. Most of the major powers in the galaxy are authoritarian, even fascist - but the Borg and the Federation are both utilitarian and communist, they're both amalgamations of many species, working together in harmony to better their existence. The Borg recognize their commonality with the Federation and wish to help them on their way by assimilating them.

The Federation has a fair amount of problems and can't stand toe to toe with the Borg in a fight but they're still strong enough to pose a legitimate threat. The Federation has Numbers, organization and ingenuity and these things can beat raw military and technological might under the right circumstances. Wiping out Earth would be a huge blow against the Federation.

No time travel in 'The Motion Kino.'

Its only 4 seasons, watch it all you huge pussy.