I work at Panera. AMA

I work at Panera. AMA

Turkey Bacon bravo... Great sandwich or Greatest?

That 'employees must wash hands before returning to work' is just a suggestion for you guys or what?

Do you work at Panera bread?

Personal favorite is the Frontega, with some custom mods.

They're pretty strict about it. Policy states you wash your hands before and after each different ingredient or station (ie. sandwiches/ salads) especially if it's a potential allergen. If you try not to wash your hands, you'll likely get caught and seriously yelled at. Shit's taken pretty real my dude.

Think about it...

Did your store get rid of the low-fat, hazelnut cream cheese? If so, WHY THE FUCK IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER TO PUT ON A CINNAMON CRUNCH BAGEL I'VE BEEN GETTING THE SAME GODDAMN THING FOR FIVE YEARS A FUCKING CINNAMON CRUNCH BAGEL AND A SIDE OF HAZELNUT CREAM CHEESE BUT NOT ANY MORE NOW I HAVE TO SETTLE FOR HONEY WALNUT WHICH TASTES LIKE A PROLAPSED ANUS

Do you guys actually make the bagles or are they frozen from Panera HQ

Expanding on this.

If you are working salads, we have some toppings like small pieces of chopped or sliced nuts. In this case, if you even so much as touch a single nut and not just the handle of the scoop for it, you gotta change gloves right after before touching anything else.

To be quite honest with you? I'm not sure about that particular cream cheese, but what I will say is, the menu changes a lot, for several reasons. Many things are seasonal and you don't even know it. Others are just sometimes removed entirely to keep the menu "fresh" instead of stale, if that makes sense. It's actually pretty comfy when you get to know the system. The new seasonal shit is coming up and I'm stoked. We're having a meeting in a week or so to taste test the oncoming items with pumpkin and shit. Ayy.

Yeah, the night bakers come in around 11 at night and start making shit. Among that, being bagels. All pastries and bagels and shit are completely fresh, made within 24 hours. Anything not used is donated at the end of the day.

that's bullshit, i used to be a night baker and all the pastries are just frozen shit. The bread and bagels are fresh, but the pastries definitely aren't. Where abouts is your store? I was working in Canada so t may be different.

>Canada
Nigger not sure what your problem is. Over here in the US of A, our shit is fresh as fuck. I literally can SEE the bakers making shit 100% fresh I don't know what the fuck you're on about. I'd take pictures for proof, but they'd probably kick my ass for breaking protocol. I was gonna say, knock your head in and peak back behind when the baker is making fresh shit during the day and order something they just made fresh on the tray, shit's fucking 11/10. Doesn't get better than that.

why do you feel like a hipster version of Subway?

Like they actually have mixers and are making the pastry dough from scratch with flour, butter, etc? Im pretty sure if you were to check in the freezer there is lots of boxes of frozen pastry blanks for the different sweets

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, but I never got, or get, that impression. Especially not since doing all the work I do in the production of the food. Shit's much better than subway in so many ways you probably don't even know.

Also the cafe's actually comfy, warm, and inviting. If that's hipster, I don't know what to tell you. Not like it's fucking Starbucks. Except for the shit the Barista does, that's some fucking prissy little cunt shit. Never fucking order ANY of those coffee drinks. They're good, REAL good, but they're fucking expensive and mostly ice.

Oh...Panera here has some fine ass bitches working there. I want to be the manager and get that young tight pussy.

fuck man get off your high horse, you work at a fast food place

holy fuck yes

Whats your favorite drink? I dont know if you still serve it but there used to be a papaya and green tea juice that was incredible

Next time I'm on shift, I'll check. But I'm pretty sure they do all that as well. Definitely explains the asinine amount of shit that needs to be washed. Even tonight when walking out, I was watching them and if I'm not mistaken they were making their own dough, rolling it, etc. etc.

Gee man, you don't even know.
>all those fine ass looking motherfuckers
>tfw you realize they're like 16 or 17.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Trust me dude, these chicks are straight up BANGIN.

>fast food
I assure you, it's not fast food. Why do you think this is even accurate? Is it the addition of a drive through? Because it pains me to watch some stupid bitch sit at that window idling in their car for 7 or 8 minutes straight just looking at their phone. Definitely not fast food in quality, speed, environment, or really any other way.

Nigga you don't even know. And you get close to them too, I mean, physically. Shit's tight, and people gotta move all over all the time. Bumpin asses and hands touchin shit all over the place. Usually more of a pain than a blessing to be honest though.

>protocol
nigga don't act like they use big werds like that at panera. they know you're just above minimum wage ability to read faggots.

Are people that work at Panera bread considered chefs like Wendy's? Asking for a friend...

What's your favorite bread?

I just quit the Panera by LAX a few weeks ago after working for a year there, not sure about the bread or bagels, but every pastry at my store came frozen. My store was a franchise store, and I know there are differences between the franchises stores and corporate owned ones.

httpboards.4chanorg/b/thread/742943536

Fuck.
Baconator > everything at Panera

nigga i'm in lax all the time, you better not've jizzed in me bagel

Do you guys accept Thoughtcoins?

Have you ever put you dick in a bread bowl?

fuck the tomato is so good daddy

Yes, and yes. THAT is my favorite drink, fucking inhale that shit. And yeah, we still have it. Pretty standard. We have the papaya tea blend dated and stored in the fridge, and mix/ infuse it on the spot with water like you would normally with tea.

Our Barista is pretty good though, so his smoothies, coffee's, latte's, are to die for.

Who cut their glove off into your food user? Don't worry, I don't have to ask. You're such a piece of shit I'm sure any of them would. :^)

Ciabatta. Tastes great, and best bang for your buck. Just trust that whoever cut it, cut it well. Either way, it's still the biggest and best.

>Chefs
No, not really. We are considered "Line Cooks" if making food on the line.

That's fucked mate, east coast here. Ours are fresh and made in house, can confirm.

Literally ew.

>implying he could pull that off

I don't think so. But if you complain about your food, you should be able to get a free replacement no questions asked. It's a good trade secret. At Panera, you're taught to believe the customer no matter what, and always give them free replacements for any mistakes while also letting them keep the first one.

Example:

You asked for chips, got an apple.
Keep the apple, get chips also.

You asked for a Frontega.
Got a Bacon Turkey Bravo.

Keep the BTB, get a free Frontega. Ayyyyyyy

I've never taken my dick out at work. Except when using the restroom.

It really is. I prep it real good, and always get rid of the shit tomatoes. I work pretty hard to make sure all of my tomato slices are 10/10 quality so you better appreciate it.

You should try putting two of the mac and cheeses into a breadbowl, one of my favorites

I strongly suspect this is true, and it sounds like the chefs are not nearly as pretentious as this cunt from Panera.

Why is anybody asking this guy questions....

Who cares about a fast casual employee....................................??????????????????????????????????????????

why did you get rid of the old chicken noodle soup, now it's some industrial bullshit

is panera seriously using their social media team in a /b room or am i retarded?

this sounds like the next level of marketing bullshit, go into some nasty forum, then build your brand up like it's some pinnacle all told from the mouth of a weeabo fellow btard.

>insert generic gif universally approved of here

thanks for taking the time with the tomatoes, subway is always putting the green shitty hard tomato on my sub like wtf is that shit

If they eat there, they want to know how often employees jizz in the mayo or on the bagels. It's a perfectly normal thing to wonder.

appreciate this guy actually gives a shit about his job, you must somewhat enjoy it i take it.

Answer THIS one *panera* guy. Can you sauce this UNSAUCEABLE?!

This guy gets it!

No it isn't.

I worked at Subway before I went and got a degree. Nothing weird happened. We opened packages of meats, cut up veggies, the bread came frozen from corporate.. nothing weird happened.

Rarely does anything weird happen. Nobody cums in anything!

well what do you think? if i had a million dollar salary and knew the things i know, this is how i'd do it.

Speak for yourself

panera /bro where ya at?

I'm not pretentious. I'm honest. What am I being pretentious about asslick? Anyway, we don't need your sweaty dollar.

You can request anything you want, and it will be done for you as long as all the necessary parts are stocked in house. The mac and cheeses/ pastas are pretty good, but I will tell you those are one of the few things that aren't made in house and are delivered in packages.

I'm not telling you not to trust them, we make sure everything is good, dated right, and all that shit, I'm just saying the fresh shit is better. Thankfully, that's almost everything.

Because people like to ask questions and know things?

Could have been on the list of things removed due to having some form of additive in it. Everything that had coloring, additives, preservatives, or anything else like that, was either stripped of it, or completely removed from the menu (if removing the component itself ruined the actual dish). Or, see my above reasons. (ie. seasonal/ fresh/changing menu)

>mfw people actually think this shit
What am I doing wrong, that you believe this? I just got off a hard, long, irritating shift. I was soaking wet, my dick was fucking wet, and I was miserable. But here I am, and I didn't know what to do, but I loaded up my machine, saw Sup Forums, and thought about my job. At which point I thought, gee why don't I just do a fucking Q/A.

Checked. I fucking hate the people that do that. Good news is, even if the prepper was a dick and didn't do it right, the guys on the line will toss the shit parts. I'm always careful to get it right the first time, so I don't even have to throw shit away, but obviously we toss the top and bottoms with the pit shit.

I jizz in the mayo on thursdays only. REEEEEEE.

Yeah, usually. It's stressful though.

>the bread came frozen from corporate
HAHA GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Here are Panera our bakers make the bread fresh.

I've never ate there. Never will more than likely. What am I missing?

>yfw you think i'm retarded

>then the employee posts this

>fellow user i just got off a hard shift and my dick is wet.
>here at /b we fuck raw faggots raw and fresh, fuck off back to your 'fast food job' you fucktit.

nice south bay ip you turd.

Why is your bread so fucking hard? All of it hurts my teeth. Can't you just have normal fucking bread?

no buddy, I think you're damn straight right, how pathetic is the Panera social media people posting on Sup Forums?

Sorry, I sort of mass reply, so it takes a bit.

kek

I'm not a shill, just a regular old employee. If you want me to stop this thread, I'll fucking nuke it I swear man. I don't care, I'll just go watch TV. I thought this was a fun and interesting idea, that's all.

Not a whole lot. Foods great, quality is amazing, shit's fresh as fuck, but that all comes at a premium. It's expensive, and if you don't taste great shit on the regular, it's hard to "miss" it, if you see what I'm saying.

I like it though, but I get a really fucking high discount. Full meals out the ass with pastries and all are like 2 or 3 bucks for me there.

KK

Sure, you got me. South Bay.

Where the FUCK are you going? That doesn't sound right. Is it a hot sandwich? If so, it goes on the panini press. Maybe the retards at your branch forgot to clean the press, and therefore let it get overly hot (ie. the regulated times are too long and burn that shit to death). This mistake I was taught early on, I was trying to put shit in too long after having not cleaned that shit. MAN is it fucking hot. Burnt my hand on it too. Yay.

Owned by fucking Commies.

you won't get my sweaty dollar you pretentious cunt.

>Here are Panera our bakers make the bread fresh.
fuck off with the advertising

>panera
>shit's fresh as fuck
>>the only thing that could possibly be fresh there is literally shit. your soup comes in bags and you heat it up. nigga. please. go suck your mom's tit and tell her what a good dog you were today.

all of it. That piece that comes with a salad or soup, hard. The hot sandwich, hard. The chibatta bread, hard. Unless you have something on just regular bread, it's all hard as a rock.

"your branch"
what's up DM, i'm banging that girl on the fryer later? you say she's retarded but her titties ain't retarded!

Hey! I used to work for a U.S. corporate store in the northeast in 2006. Decent job! I can concur about the bakery stuff all being fresh made overnight; its the best shit ever and I always took home like a bread bowl or cheese focaccia bread every other night or so; I was usually sandwich line and pretty proud of my work too, so thank you for your seriousness too! It makes a huge difference. I do remember the soups were frozen but that was literally it. Also the pre-made panini's werent frozen but made in large quantities and kept in the fridge in the back, then transferred to a steam box on the line one tray at a time, to be grilled on the panini press to order; but just the premade ones like chicken bacon honey mustard, and chipotle chicken (again i go back a ways) all other sandwiches made from scratch. My fave was the sierra turkey but wtf whyd they get rid of it?? I havent worked for them for 7 years so its been a bit :P

tl;dr all bakery items made fresh overnight, soups are frozen. I used to work there.

Fine by me.

I mean, it's true.

Yes, the soup and pasta comes in bags. I said this earlier. I also said you probably shouldn't get them for this reason. They are good, but not as good as the other shit which actually is fresh. It's like you have selective hearing or something.

Ew. user where the fuckabouts are you? Sounds horrible. Never going there.

wat

i thought this guy was a right fuggin moron

>then this

Where am I? At Panera, home of the hard ass bread.

social media scurmish?

jack reporting for doody

panera, bro, you don't even have a mascot.

Best thing on the menu? Also, what NOT to order.

Jack in the Box tacos are weird but I love them. Nothing better when you got a good beer buzz at 2am.

bro you are good for middle aged woman that want to seem cultured and not be at starbucks but also not interact with culture and say a faux fancy french word.

we here at jack in the box, literally jack into your box, and have the stoner /btard crowd covered in our little dirties. back off.

nigga.

we know nigga, we know

Im a Manager at my Panera, how many associates have u smashed.

Hey that's interesting, yeah things have changed a bit. We don't freeze or refrigerate the sandwiches for instance. Those are all made on the spot. As prep though like I'll make strawberries, day dot them, store them properly in a lid closed container in the fridge for use later that day.

This guy is right.

ayy

We do. Mother Bread.

Best is subjective. What not to order? Motherfucking sourdough. That shit is small as FUCK. This place is already extremely expensive as it goes, don't need to pay out the ass for the tiniest little piece of bread. I shouldn't be saying this, but please listen to me. Don't EVER get anything on sour dough. If you like something that comes with it, just ask to swap it out with something else like focaccia/ ciabatta. In all fairness, it's a bitch to make stuff on too, because it's almost impossible to stack things on something so thin.

>how many have u smashed
Well since the good looking ones are underage b8, none.

Have management been riding chipotles style?

Also, will the broccoli cheddar eventually kill me?

How much cocaine do you y'all put in that green tea cuz I swear it's amazing. Can never have enough.

how big of a pain is it when I don't sort out my plates and stuff and just toss them all in that fucking bin?

Mate, I'm asking the same damn question, but everything I see would suggest none. Guess it's just that good. Like I said, i inhale it. Thank god drinks are free for me. :D

>will the broccoli cheddar eventually kill me?
No. Unless you eat it in extreme excess, but that can be said about anything really.

>riding chipotles style
Can you elaborate on this?

To be honest with you? Really not that much, still gonna just dump the fucker in the main dish sink with some cleanser, let it soak for a few minutes, spray it to get off all the physical chunks of food, put it on the tray, and toss it in the washer.

I would say you're being a bit of a dick, but it's not that big of a deal. Probably more irritating for whoever grabs the tray to bring it to the back, since it'd take longer to fit shit onto it and get moving.

Actually adding to this, the bigger pain isn't the arrangement of the dishes, it's the filth ON them. If you send me that back with a whole bunch of food caked on, I'm gonna be pissed. If you take a literal second to use a spare napkin and wipe the majority of it off and into the trash can, I'll be forever grateful. Makes cleaning it 10 times easier.

Oh no. I just literally pick up my plates and shit, however they are with whatever food is left, and just dump that shit in that bin.

>can you elaborate on this

All natural, no gmo, it's easy to get promoted if you believe in the cause

I mean you just recently removed ADA since subway got caught. (That's the 'yoga mat' dogs conditioner)

Then it all depends on how fast it gets back to dish. If it sits there for a while and hardens on, dish will hate you. If not, even if there's a lot of food, it /should/ come off fairly easily with a quick high powered spray of water. Then you just get it ready for the machine like every other.

Dough conditioner

Yeah, all natural, no gmo, and people get promoted if they do the job well, believe in the cause, and have the potential for the promotion itself. We have a fair bit of trainers, and several managers. We're also a training store, so we get to have lots of people in training (including managers)

Is it a mostly gay company?

Only experienced one gay so far, and it was a big giant fat dyke looking "woman". So far everyone else is breddy straight.

Alright you guys got a few more minutes and then I'm calling it. Cast in your last questions now. Anything goes. Honest answer inbound.