Untitled

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1856101/news
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This thread.

/thread

All of them.

Evil Dead, which ended up being a thousand times better than the original, which looks like a high school project by comparison. No one cares what neckbeards who "didn't ask for a remake" think. You're stupid.

Ghostbusters

Ben hur

This. I was pleasantly surprised though. The remake was great.

The magnificent seven

Escape from new york

but that will recover the $$$ nonetheless because hammering ads

Karate Kid

Most of them, to be quite sincere with you, kin.

Are you talking about Evil Dead 2013? That shit was just another bland horror flick. You're clearly a pleb.

What is most of them?
Here's a better answer.

no one asked for a new star wars? I find that hard to believe

Anything that is less than 40 years old doesnt deserve to be remade.

Of course, there are always exceptions, like pic. But we also have Shin Gojira, which looks goat

What is Dredd

k
y
s

But this isn't a new Star Wars. This is a rehash of the first film.

King Kong

What are godzilla and the second king kong

Total Recall

>Legendary is producing both Godzilla and Kong films with the goal of having them duel off
>believing people will actually want to watch two hours of cgi monster fighting

Or maybe they'll just tease us and only give us like 5 minutes of fighting, which is retarded because the original Kong vs. Godzilla was campy and not dark at all

>because the original Kong vs. Godzilla was campy and not dark at all
Which is why this is needed, such a cool concept that needs to be done right for once

Scarface and The Thing

>done right
>gritty and dark reimagining of a giant lizard and a giant monkey fighting

How are they going to explain the conflict in this one? Is Kong going to be another irradiated monster that Godzilla is somehow attracted to kill for no reason other than to advance the plot?

>>believing people will actually want to watch two hours of cgi monster fighting

nobody asked for those. more like people were pleasantly surprised

>gritty and dark
This whole legendary thing isn't gritty and dark at all. Godzilla 54 and 84 are, this is just normal.

imdb.com/title/tt1856101/news

>people actually believeGodzilla 2014 isn't gritty or dark

Pacific Rim is what you're thinking of

>people actually believeGodzilla 2014 is gritty or dark

It isn't, it's more "realistic", but no it isn't.

Compared to most of the first series it is, but compared to what is actually dark and gritty from Hollywood and actual dark and gritty from movies like the original and 1984, it isn't. It's just a normal movie

Evil Dead
Total Recall
Robocop
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
The Thing
The Magnificent Seven

Final Fantasy VII
Dredd
12 Monkeys
Scarface
The Mummy

The new TR did add more depth to the ideas of Dick's ethos: what's real?
First TR lacked in that area.

Star Trek into darkness

that is amazing

There are probably a few, where people feel it could be done better with modern effects and technology.

>have a white guy play a dude named Khan Noonien Singh

Bravo Hollywood

Point Break

The Magnificent 7
Who the fuck asked for a remake of another remake?

Even remake director Gus Van Sant didn't want it. But studio was going to make it anyway, so he agreed on it as a way for himself to get a technical exercise in making a film the Hitchcock way.
One can only speculate what a director less aware of how stupid this whole thing was would have done with it.

>shot for shot remakes
Even more worthless than regular remakes

No, it didn't. It was just one long chase sequence.

even bruce campbell agrees with this

Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness still hold up though

just because it was bad doesn't mean no one asked for it

Quite the opposite, my response to most people who say VII was too similar to A new Hope etc, is YOU FUCKING ASKED FOR IT

I never asked for a literal rehash.

CHINESE NOT JAPANESE

What fuckin Karate?

JUST

yes you did, and so did a million other (YOU)'s

TFA

You may have wanted a remake of ANH (why?), I wanted a new story

>literally zero posts starting with "What is"
BLAM THIS PIECE OF CRAP!!!1

Ghostbusters.

Sony probably paid out the ass to aquire the rights to the franchise and now it's severely devalued, the movie lost 70 million and major cast members are refusing to be in any kind of sequel even though a trilogy was planned.

Masters of the Universe

Point Break and the upcoming Memento.

Pete's Dragon
literally no one even cared about the original to begin with

>Sup Forums posters are so retarded that they don't know the difference between 'sequel' and 'remake'

cabin in the woods is better than all of those

>redditor is so retarded he thinks there's a difference

But the 1959 remake is far better than the 1925 version.

Never really liked the Korean version desu

Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

>expecting joint
>is actually film

pleasant surprise desu lads

So you just aren't acknowledging the one that came out last month?

Ah yes. Muh action movies.
Pay attention next time.

Nah, just making a stupid joke because people don't know that the 1959 version was also a remake.

huh, really makes you think...

I'm sure some weeaboos out there will disagree but the US version of The Ring was far superior.

Also the horror genre seems to be the only one that gets it right most of the time, I've enjoyed the remakes of Evil Dead, The Thing, Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Nightmare on Elm Street to varying degrees.

Literally the worse series of replies I have ever read, I have lost all faith in Sup Forums upon witnessing this absolute orgy of pleb trash. You are all morons, irredeemable brain-dead filth. Kill yourselves, please, for the love of anything that you can actually understand. Evil Dead 1 is the only good movie Raimi ever directed, ED2 and AoD are complete garbage and the remake is even worse on all levels. Seriously end it, you make me sick

This

Total remake was just a bland action movie that half assed all of the "what is real" shot to try and seem different