>decide to change it because its shit
>buy i7 7700k

>mfw console peasants still have those AMD chips that cant run shit
>mfw they still think 30 fps is better than 60
>mfw PC master race

>be 2017
>thinks cpu is more important than gpu

>already have good gpu

To be honest for games (apart from maybe bf4) cpu never gets bottle necked anymore. Put it like this if you have a 1080 and are running on 2/4k your cpu won't make a difference from a 6600k or a 7800k or a amd ryzen 5/7. It's just imply not used when your gpu is doing all the work to keep fps at 60+. Now if you are above 150fps.. then cpu makes a marginal difference

got 144hz monitor and am trying to maintain that FPS in every game if possible

>pc elites!

>post your speccy

Whats your actual setup?

Actually a professional, running 144hz basically implies you want to run free sync or gsync, which do you have.

Also to stop so called "lows" having more cores can work if your in to streaming but won't make a difference with just your game and os running

i7 7700k (overclocked)
msi gamingX gtx 1060 6gb (overclocked)
4x8 gb ddr4 patriot viper 4 RAM
240 gb SSD
120 gb SSD
1TB HDD
750 gold watt PSU

Water cooling in large tower case

>Still not using the i9-7900X

Okay so you are running 1080p on 144hz.

That being said I presume your monitor is free sync. You would have better invested your money in a 1070/1080 or a Vega 64. Getting a i7 cpu will get you far less gains. If your monitor is free sync, stick with amd cards, if gsync you shoulda upgraded the gpu.

>brother bought i9 cpu
>use his pc for benchmarks and comparison
>gud shit

Say that again once you have played the ARMA games or any games with thousands of entities loaded at once.

I dont think, it was a good change, most games cant use hyperthreading. A I7 is only good, if you encode alot.

>2017
>1080p

1440p m8

Funny, you say that but arma 3 only utilizes 4 cores max.. so your argument in fully invalid and plain stupid.. go else where boy, let the men talk.

I work on my pc so its fine.

Also i jumped from 4 cores 4 threads with 2.7ghz to 4 cores 8 threads 4.5 (overclockable ofc)

Then your gpu is certainly the bottleneck. 1060 just cannot get the gains a 1080 can on higher resolutions

>more cores is the only way to improve a cpu

Ok 'man'

You are making no sense at all, stating that "arma" requires or would better suite an i7 when the game by design only can use 4 cores. The clock speeds will absolutly make a difference but for the money spent the gains are just not that much (specially on 2k trying to hit +120 fps) his gpu will struggle getting close to that on AAA titles) as I said before, learn what you preach or shut up

>post your speccy
here's my cheap build, around $500 for cpu/mobo/ram/case/ml120 fans - drives/rx 480 from a previous build with i7 3770k

shit tier quadcore. this is my office pc

Rather have an gtx 1070/1080 and an i5 to compensate.

Have you upgraded your mobo then tried to clock the 1600? You should be able to squeeze 3.9ghz on air if you are lucky.

Regarding ram, what's the max speed it can handle?

The Human eye cannot see any additional FPS beyond 27. You retards waste your money to brag on a Tibetan throat singing and basket weaving forum. Sad.

>You are making no sense at all, stating that "arma" requires or would better suite an i7
I did not state this you liar
>when the game by design only can use 4 cores.
Did not dispute this
>The clock speeds will absolutly make a difference
So im right then, you admit it yourself

Please, reading is not hard to learn. Go to school.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 12,0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 499MHz (9-9-9-24)
MSI MSI X58 Pro-E (MS-7522)
Asus GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5

Still works relatively fine for me

Every eye is different and I know for certain I see the difference. It's not about how much the eye can or cannot see. It's about making sure the brain never needs to compensate for lost information. Play a 144hz for an hour then go back to 60hz, you will notice a huge change.

Fucking lol.
i7 - 4770k 3.50ghz
24bg ram
1070 8gb
2x500gb ssd
5tb had
Phantex silent case

Niggas think cpu past quad core makes a difference.

im sat here with a 6 year old pc
not sure when to upgrade...can anyone advise and reasons as to why?
specs
i5 3570k
shit tier mobo and psu
120gb ssd - 1tb 7200 hdd
8gb of pleb ram
sapphire rx 380

specs 2 years old, could do with new gfx card upgrade soon maybe...

>The clock speeds will absolutly make a difference
So im right then, you admit it yourself

You didnt say anything about clock speeds..? Are you high or just stupid?

bios is 0809, flashed it last week i think, the ram is corsair vengeance lpx rated for 3200 @ 1.35v but 3066 is the highest it will boot at. havent tested the silicon lottery yet with overclocking the processor on the stock wraith spire cooler

Fuckin plebs my i7 oc to 4.9ghz

I didnt say anything about cores either so you must be high and stupid also.

If you are inproving cpu without changing number of cores, you either increase clock speeds or redesign the whole cpu. Which one did you think i meant?

Thats my point, you didn't add anything useful with any of your comments, just ooh say that again once you played old ass arma games that don't even fucking utilize the cpu ver much..

Check your bios ram speeds look low. Also on the stock cooler if you do not adjust the voltages you should get 3.8 without much temp differences at all. Amd judging by your current temp on idle (add 10c) you have some room.

Did you say anything useful? Who was it useful to? Because you just spouted false shit and conjured up inaginary statements to argue against. And ARMA games dont use the cpu much? Where is your source on that false claim? Fucking retard

hex core i7, water4cooled and on a asus rog rampage board so I can over clock the shit out of it. But honestly Ive never needed to OC. Even the heaviest gaming doesn't stress all the cores enough to need OCing.

This is getting boring but okay.

And thats at 1080, if you find a 2k bench mark the scores will be even less. The fact it spending almost as much on a cpu than an upgraded gpu just doesn't cut it for me.

80 percent cpu usage on an i7 seems mighty high for a game that doesnt use the cpu much

yeah, the docp detects the ram as 3200 @ 1.35v but it wont post, next step down is 3066 and it works at that. purchased the ram based off msi's b350 gaming pro carbon boards qvl, but RMA'd the board because it failed post with a cpu error, would shut off after 10 seconds and flash its on board cpu fail led so i couldnt even look through the bios settings.

You just went full retard again. Thats not cpu utilization %, its fps count. Seriously just leave..

30fps on console = 60fps on pc with 60hz monitor. Try to play 30fps on pc, it's unplayable. But 30fps on console is heavenly smooth.

>that temperature
I have like 48-50 min on amd. In games it's like 80.

OS Winnux 7
CPU intel 590r1
Rzm 32GB (16x2)
Motherboard is Asus
GPU Nvidia N700i
Storage Baracuda 5 TB HDD
Kingston 500GB SSD

Watercooled 7700k (5Ghz)
16gb gool 'ol DDR4
Strix 1070
M.2 storage for maximum speederino
X amount of other storage, cant remember off the top of my head.
144hz panel, corsair peripherals

Satanic quads checked

I love Phantek cases. I'm using the evolv glass edition and it's sexy af

Beautiful, next build will be in one (or corsair's Concept Slate if/when it's released)

Ok shoot me down but I can't notice any benefit over 85 Hz. I've tried up to 165 Hz and yes you can tell a small difference above 85 but it's tiny and not a noticeable improvement. 85 is better than 70 which is better than 60 though.

built my system for around 800

the human eye can't perceive more than 30fps numb nuts

Bumping

>has proc
>buys new proc for price of console
>pcmasterraceumad?.png
>fucking console peasants not buying a proc for the price of a whole console just to shit on console peasants
>mfw I have no face for this level of reee

So while most of us have had i7s for years, you finally decide to get with the times and you think you are PC masterrace?

Not a chance kiddo.