/fug- ruins edition

Welcome/Wilkommen//Bienvenue

Britain/Deustchland/France

Not welcome:
Wogs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UzbRl0f3FMI
discord.gg/SpyxKUZ
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/Interviews/DE/2017/05/namensartikel-bild.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some comfy .gifs to get things going

So, post nice/comfy places from your country

I couldn't post on Sup Forums the last week, so please tell me if /fug/ is ded.

I hope not.

idk, it may have migrated to discord, there was a thread as usual yesterday

Bored as fuck lads

captcha: beach fagot

gens a bit dead, probably because its all normies out on the bank holiday weekend

why are these threads so dead now

idk

it makes me sad

So Brits are the eternal anglo (or perfide albion for us)
who are the germans and the french then

Germans are the villainous Hun
french are feckless

All are seen the same

Red wine and music is so comfy

The UK. Quite chivalrous when someone falls over, but doors aren't held open by most people for women or man, though it does happen on the rare occasion.

This is how strangers treat each other, for friends its different and mixed. The majority wont do this but there are a few that would stick with you no matter what. It's rare.

People wont act to uphold their customs when challenged. There is no underlying level of loyalty or understanding. I blame the fact that people stopped attending church, as if defying religion is some act of empowerment. Yeah right..The end result is you don't know who your community is. You've isolated yourself from society and therefore weakened it. You're weak. Alone.

I'm moving to Germany.

How is it in yours?

where is this copypasta from?

Only with food and company

Its not copypasta, it's my experiences of London and being British.

It doesnt make much sense though

What didn't you understand?

Well, sort of all of it

youtube.com/watch?v=UzbRl0f3FMI

pretty good tune

What is going on here?

A general for French, Brits AND Germans?

Hope this general is more like 1901 than 1914.

Let's go, /fug/

It works well. Kinda quiet today but usually bustling. Come join the discord:

discord.gg/SpyxKUZ

Was an aesthetic time, shame they had phased out gorgets and didnt have upper jack chains, wouldve added a more imposing/ knightly touch.

Brits did have chainmail epaulettes though, and effay helmets, then the prussians had their cool ones too

Thanks a lot m8, but not this time.

This container is beautifully crafted.
You are absolutely right. I especially am interested in the Entente's colonial battalions fighting in Europe. Some time ago I read the memoirs of an Indian soldier who was captured by the German Army and was interned in the mainland; very interesting to look through his eyes on this war and the Germans.
>pic related are French Zouaves in the First World War

source on the Indian

Since we had a few days ago a nice conversation on etiquette.
Our Minister for Interior has released his 10 points on Leitkultur(guiding culture, basically what immigrants are supposed to follow if they come to germany its been a word that comes up often since Merkel declared that Multiculturalism in germany had failed.)

I wonder what /fug/ thinks about them.

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/Interviews/DE/2017/05/namensartikel-bild.html

>The UK. Quite chivalrous when someone falls over, but doors aren't held open by most people for women or man, though it does happen on the rare occasion.
Most people would ignore someone that falls over unless they know them or its a elderly person.
Holding doors open is considered a basic courtesy, both for women and general and if you open the door and someone goes out through it.

>People wont act to uphold their customs when challenged. There is no underlying level of loyalty or understanding. I blame the fact that people stopped attending church, as if defying religion is some act of empowerment. Yeah right..The end result is you don't know who your community is. You've isolated yourself from society and therefore weakened it. You're weak. Alone.
If you talk about religious customs it differs regionally. in some most aren't religious or believers at all, and in most religion is considered a private matter, its not something people are very vocal about because its not something that should "matter" to others.

Right, but Church Sundays was what brought the community together. You don't have to be Christian to go to Church. I pop in sometimes, and its great. Filled with lovely people.

So if you don't meet at a Church, where do you meet people from your community?

There is nothing to replace it.

>where do you meet people from your community?
In germany the traditional meeting place is the pub. Depends on regional culture. In some parts Frühschoppen (a gathering in the pub between breakfast and noon on weekend) is traditional.

While it itself isn't as common as it used to be, it strongly survives in the form of people (or men, mostly) gathering at fast-food stalls for the evening or on weekends.

You the guy who was buying puttees?

And what reason do they have to talk to each other?

In Britain people who go to pubs stick to their own groups.

How is it in Germany?

>And what reason do they have to talk to each other?
What reason do they have to talk to eachother at church?
Often people just want to talk to their peers from the neighbourhood, so they can bitch about work and the family.

>In Britain people who go to pubs stick to their own groups.
>How is it in Germany?
Depends on the size of the pub. Mostly people that attend the same pub regularly become pretty much one group.

>What reason do they have to talk to eachother at church?

The Church is more open to meeting strangers than the pub. It's incredibly social.

>Mostly people that attend the same pub regularly become pretty much one group.

Sounds like you need to reestablish the Church too.

Most germans don't have a strong desire to socially engage strangers, so we're hardly missing it.

Neither do the Brits.

Ah...We don't realise what a hindrance this is to our societies.