My first short film, a tribute to The Big Lebowski

My first short film, a tribute to The Big Lebowski.

youtu.be/H6J6yMJSY9Q

A wonderful display, frightening kino.
I did not leave my seat once.

you have to be at least 18 to post here son

No me digas!

Looks gay desu

My wife cried at the end.
Because your film made me angry and I punched her.

We'll that's just like your opinion man

i would advise you to use an external microphone with a pop filter, cheap and easy increase in quality.

it's lo-fi bro

Any good brands you'd recommend? Link or something

it doesn't have to be

I'm the director not the actor

I have no idea about brands, I'm sure there are guides and reviews out there, look for cheap microphones for movie production or something, and read up on them. In my opinion, audio is usually the "bottle neck" when it comes to amateur productions, an external microphone should be most obvious choice.

Thanks for the input

Rode

but check the quality on youtube reviews and youll realize that a cheap one isnt really worth the money.

The video mic pro is about $220 USD I think and is probably the best value for money in terms of quality/price.

JAJAJAJAJA
EL JUSTO

honestly tho, it's not even that horrible, i kind of enjoyed it

Thanks man

Brave putting yourself out there, but don't feel you need to defend yourself over every little criticism.

Sound quality is the key difference to making a good film and a lot of people will put up with cheap video quality but bad audio instantly turns people off watching.

I know shooting handheld makes it extremely faster to shoot and especially helps when working with kids who get bored easily waiting for your to set up so I can't blame you for doing it like this but just don't get in the habit of shooting handheld all the time because it's easier

>ignore criticism

Great way to make great movies

I liked it, OP, keep it up

>when the kino hits too hard

No it's not it's amateur

That's not what he's saying at all.

>I guess all of it.

Not bad, kid. Not bad at all.

>The Coonboy will be safe as long as you pay.

What did he mean by this?

It's kinda cute, in a dumb way.

Like folks have said, better mic, ditch the handheld, and I know you're working with kids but the acting is...well, what you'd expect from kids.

I'm doing a short of my own right now. I did some test footage that I've been shilling on the /fmg/s, but now I'm thinking I should ditch the magic hour aesthetic entirely and go for something that looks a bit like Richard Ayoade's The Double, I feel like it'd fit my themes a little better.

Eight year olds, dude.

Kek

>green lemonade
Hmmm

not bad dude