Halloween reboot

With Blumhouse & Carpenter on board to produce the new Halloween, who do you think/want to direct it? I think Adam Wingard would be pretty gud

Rob Zombie

Josh trank

Bad Idea, unless it's without the Shape.

No one should be surprised, Halloween was always bound to happen amongst all these terrible slasher remakes.Doesn't mean I like the idea anymore because I'm used to it though.

Isn't the guy who directed Oculus and Hush doing this?

David Robert Mitchell. Say what you will about It Follows, but it totally nails the kind of aesthetic, atmosphere, and soundtrack that I would want in a Halloween remake.

Halloween, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and A Nightmare on Elm Street are all doomed to be rebooted forever again and again until the end of time.

I'm actually surprised we didn't get a second Nightmare on Elm Street reboot to capitalize on the death of Wes Craven yet.

He met with Blumhouse about it, but apparently back in May Adam Wingard strongly implied he was doing it on Twitter.

I wouldn't mind David Robert Mitchell either, although he'd pretty much be making It Follows 2.

I actually really dig his two halloweens, I wouldn't mind if he did a third. They aren't perfect, but are way more interesting than all the other reboot cash-ins. You can tell the material is a real labor of love for RZ, especially in the sequel.

what? ANOTHER REMAKE of Halloween?

Can't link cause on phone but look it up. Blumhouse got the rights & Carpenter is exec producing and possibly re-scoring it. I strongly doubt it'll be a remake though, probably a modern day lite-sequel, retconning everything that came after the original.

Wingard is toobusy, blumhouse wants Halloween out late 2017 and he's editing Death Note now.

Michael Dougherty

>retconning everything that came after the original.
It has been done before, sequels are pointless, Halloween was meant to be just one story without any sequels.

Why the fuck is this being remade so soon rob zombie JUST shat out his shit like yesterday.

As season of the witch proved, being an anthology sucks for halloween too.

>season of the witch
>bad
kys

>As season of the witch proved
Proved what, that people are dumb, what was so good about those 6 sequels?
Seasons of the Witch was great and original, and if only they had let Carpenter continue with his idea we could have had one different Halloween movie every year, instead of 6 Michael Myers movies.

MY IDEA...

> Directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga
> H1 & 2 happened in 1978.
> Present day
> Myers has been locked down in a coma for much of the last 3 decades. He is set for execution after awakening.
> Laurie committed suicide at some point in the early 2000s.
> Her daughter Jamie is a soldier/professional manhunter/mercenary who returns for justice/vengeance when she finds out Myers is awake & has escaped his intended execution.
> Jamie is played by Antje Traue...

Weapons grade awful, have sex.

I'm sorry, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but that is a terrible idea.

it's actually sequel

Better them more of the same stalk the no acting teen CW crap over and over.

How is that any worse then the Sheriff's arc in the Devils Rejects?

>Once someone has sex they cease to enjoy specific actresses for any reason.

Joss Whedon

NO

Season of the Witch failed so spectacularly that they had to go crawling back to Michael, they had no choice if they wanted to continue. They should have just shut it all down.

This is godawful.

Will someone fucking explain???

>Season of the Witch failed so spectacularly
That doesn't the movie is bad, better movies have failed at the boxoffice.

doesn't make*

>another fucking halloween reboot

Just make an original slasher flick. Or a horror anthology. Fucking anything that isn't a reboot.

No, but from the perspective of the production company, why would they take any more chances on an anthology series when they can just pump out shitty Myers sequels and roll in the dough? I really would expect nothing less from horror movie sequels.

It's all about fucking money with these people.

Well, that what sequels are for, for the large part. A reason to make even more money, even if there is no story to be told. Horror movies are really bad for this, they love a useless sequel.

>Blumhouse

I'M JOE GRIZZLY, BITCH!