Which one was the most improtant album of the 90's?

Which one was the most improtant album of the 90's?

The Prodigy - Experience

Slint Spider

Slipknot

Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup

Important:
Nevermind > Loveless > OK Computer

Good:
Loveless > Nevermind > OK Computer

define ''important''

None of them

this

I raise you Dots and Loops.

Albums that did something.

Nirvana led to Nickleback
Loveless led to...nothing
Radiohead went electronic straight after

Well, Loveless concluded a genre really.

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

lmao

MBV did something new

mbv
prodigy experience
nevermind
ok computer

are good and """important"""

I mean the byproducts of Radiohead and My bloody valentine are certainly better than the byproducts of Nirvana,but I'll say Loveless is more important followed by OKC

Laughing Stock

patrician answer. such a gem

the 90s were a mistake

>One sold over 30 million
>changed the mainstream music overnight
>btfo shitty hair metal
>formed a movement
>the rest are also good, but didn't have as close of an impact that the other did
You tell me.

>implying the 70s were better

probably this one, if we base it on pure influence

who the fuck said it was? fucking retard

>One sold over 30 million
>changed the mainstream music overnight

these are demerits

>t. grampa

I don't think Loveless sold that much but yeah it's definitely the best

you said it, i heard you.
mongoloids like you who hate the 90s go apeshit for 60s and 70s.

OKC > LOVELESS > FECES > NEVERMIND

Loveless > Nevermind > OKC

Loveless was an actually innovative work and one of the last truly forward thinking guitar-based records. Nevermind shot rock into the pop spotlight and extended its life by 15-20 years. OK Computer sorta killed Britpop and was a timely expression of turn of the millennium anxieties, but really it was mostly just in the right place at the right time.

LOVELESS > OKC > APHEX TWIN AMBIENTS > NEVERMIND

Now when it comes to making an impact on musical culture.

Nevermind is the most important, but not necessarily the best. I give that title to Loveless, but OKC is right behind it.

Why don't drop nineteens get more credit? Delaware came out in 91 and uses the same guitar tone as loveless, plus kick the tragedy is a straight classic song.

fpbp

desu The Prodigy and Aphex Twin are most important gods within 90s electronic music scene

Massive Attack?

>Concluded
Do you mean created?

fav 3 of the 90s
1. Slint: Spiderland
2. Portishead: Dummy
3. Nine Inch Nails: The Downward Spiral

Dirt
Jar of Flies
Alice in Chains
Facelift

autechre?

>implying the jesus and mary chain or the cocteau twins didn't create the genre

Out of these three? Definitely Nevermind. It's not the best one but certainly the most influential, how's that even a question?

Seconded

>It's not the best one but certainly the most influential

influential on what, outside grunge?

>90s
>2001

Some credit A.R.Kane as being one of the pioneers too.

this user gets it

Don't know what you mean with important but imma take it as influential, Nevermind was was the one. But when it comes to quality OKC > Loveless > Nvm

well they were the first to give it a name, but even they said they pulled influence from the coteau twins
some could even argue for the velvet underground truly inventing the "wall of noise"

Seriously? It sounds like generic buttmetal.

>chronic 2001 was released in 2001
learn to read nigga

>some could even argue for the velvet underground truly inventing the "wall of noise"

but VU wall of noise wasn't dreamy.

Superunknown
Ten

Nirvana albums were worst of grunge

Alternative and guitar music as a whole

>pearl jam
>important

>Pearl jam
>bad

Jeremy and Black alone are better than entire Nirvana discography senpai

>never once mentioned nirvana
keep projecting familia

In terms of influence, OKC = Loveless > Nevermind
In terms of popularity, Nevermind > OKC > Loveless
In terms of actual value of music, OKC = Loveless > Nevermind

just because you like a band doesn't mean they're important to music as a whole

those two terms are too generic. any example?
i mean, some band outside grunge influenced by nirvana.

Even if i didn't like Vedder-san and PJ, you can't say they are/weren't important. Pearl jam is one of most important bands of last decade you faggot.

What are you even saying? PJ has bigger fanbase than AIC and Soundgarden (though those are better)

not even in the same discussion as Radiohead or Nirvana though
a fanbase doesn't mean everything

alice in chains >>>>> pearl jam > soundgarden

>Pearl jam > Soundgarden

you are literally retarded

kys

soundgarden are a boring and clunky band, who did not innovate a single thing in rock history.

literally end yourself NOW

what did pearl jam invent?

Eddie Vedder's hair

More emotional, personal songs instead of shreddings and party attitude.

Nirvana > other grunge bands(except for maybe AiC)

It's no contest, really.

That would be Aic you faggot

Nirvana is in no way on AiC's level of being emotional and innovative.

Jerry Cantrell and Layne Staley did just perfect voice harmonizing and stuff. They lyrics are dirtier and darker as well.

alice is chains are the best grunge band ever. i don't thing there's anything to discuss here.

KNOW MEEEEEEEEEE
BROKEN

AiC didn't have as near impact as Nirvana did, therefore less influence it gave. It's fucking common knowledge. I'm not even a Nirvana fan and I know this. Fuck off.

>Being popular among normies
>Good

fuck off and kys

Although they're good, they don't quite capture the raw lyrics and sound that Grunge is now known for. When you think of Grunge, you think of In Bloom, Come as you are, Drain you, etc.

To put in other words, Nirvana basically defined Grunge. AiC was great too, but was more on the heavy metal side of the spectrum.

not the guy you're replying to, but you're really an idiot
yeah you like AIC more than Nirvana, but you have to be pretty dumb to not realize that Nirvana is more INFLUENTIAL than AIC.
Personal opinions aside, this is just common sense.

The fact that so many books still name Nirvana as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" grunge band ever only tells you how far grunge music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Grunge critics are still blinded by commercial success. Nirvana sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Grunge critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Nirvana did anything worthy of being saved.

dude, grunge was bigger than Cobain's pretty face

Fucking faggot, the more popular the music, the more people can draw inspiration and influence from. Many bands have cited Nirvana as their influence, either from the lyrical or drumming standpoint. Fucking drown yourself in acid.

Nirvana was and still is bigger than grunge

Yes, but Nirvana pretty much put it on the map. I don't care what you contrarians think if it was a band thing or not, point is it defined Grunge and gave many people and future bands another genre to look into and be influenced by.

>influenced Three days Grace and Nickelblack
>xDDDDDDDDDDD

kys

if you are talking from an economic perspective, yes.

nice pasta
also
>grunge
>art
top kek

that's a hot argument
10/10

AiC influenced Godsmack which is better band

>fell for the nickelback is bad meme
And you're calling me a normie lol

God damn this thread got derailed hard
Stay blessed, Sup Forums