I really like Unknown Pleasures. Can anyone recommend me other post-punk albums with maybe a similar style?

I really like Unknown Pleasures. Can anyone recommend me other post-punk albums with maybe a similar style?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n2y_l7DmnS8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

New Order are even better, especially their early years 1981-1983
Cure, Sound, Chameleons, Siouxe, This Mortal Coil, etc etc.

the sound
youtube.com/watch?v=n2y_l7DmnS8

they're a little more contemporary and sort of drone heavy but I think everybody should check out Sandra Electronics. Pretty underrated post-punk. I even sorta consider Tropic of Cancer post-punk. Check out the Blackest Ever Black label they have some good wierd PP stuff among other things.

I'll take a listen to these. I've listened to New Order a bit, I like Blue Monday and their hits, but the albums are a bit flat compared to UP and Closer imo

If you fancy going a bit deeper, wire, sisters of mercy, bauhaus and PiL are all waiting for you in their depressive languishing beauty

Listen to closer, faggit

check out Pain Teens - Destroy Me Lover
and Anatomy of the Heads - music is a bit different but it's guided by the same dark vibe.

best post-punk album coming through

closer is garbage 6/10 at best

>garbage
>6/10
why do people even joke like this?

closer is better than unknown pleasures t b h

Motorama - Alps

Russian guys, pretty good imo.

Agreed, Closer is trash

A certain ratio- the graveyard and the ballroom

More like the most overrated by newfags

The Scream; Join Hands; JuJu - Siouxsie & the Banshees
To Each... - A Certain Ratio
The Guilty Have No Pride - Death In June
Heresie - Virgin Prunes
In the Flat Field; Mask; The Sky's Gone Out - Bauhaus
Garlands - Cocteau Twins

When I came across this album for the first time long ago it blew me good. Now I can see it's a bit plasticky. Still good tho. A lot of professional ethereal wave.

I find this album very underrated desu.
They released another two albums on cassette, but apparently no one knew those until they were on bandcamp.

get out

Unknown Pleasures >>>>> Closer

It's better. Ok. That doesn't mean Closer is ugly.
Unknown Pleasures variates more. Closer is heavier.