Any sport can apply

In NBA:

> 2006 Heat
> 2011 Dallas
> 2014 Spurs

>Heat
>Spurs
are you fucking retarded?

The Heat had Wade in his prime and Shaq is his mildly good twilight years with a great bench with multiple 3 point threats.

Stay jelly faggots

dopey eli spoiling the perfect season of course

That spurs team came 1 miss three pointer away from winning the 2013 title. Fucking obliterated lebron. How the fuck the heat didn't get swept is amazing.

That Spurs team played some of the greatest basketball ever. What are you talking about?

2011 Dallas was something to behold.

It's weird to me that the Bucs won the Superbowl in my lifetime. Historically they've been so trash, but hired Gruden one year and just won the whole damn thing.

Also interesting: Jon Gruden is only 53 years old. He quit coaching almost 10 years ago.

2012 Ravens

2012 Chelsea
Bayern dominates basically the whole game but Drogba somehow got a header in and Petr and they survived the penalty shootout

Thinking in terms of "Oh yeah, that team does a title in their history now that I think about it":

Arizona Diamondbacks
New York Jets
Carolina Hurricanes
Blackburn Rovers

Knicks
Browns

2002 bucs was the wackest team to ever win an owl

Lived in Dallas my whole life, never been much into basketball. That run was captivating

Arkansas Basketball won a national championship in the 1990s. I still have to remind myself that actually happened

2010 rangers was so good =((((((((

I never thought they'd pass through the Nets Pistons, desu.

But the Heat was supposed to be getting better and better, there was the threepeat motivation etc. I legit though they'd 4-2 the Spurs.

Cavs taking down the Warriors last year was a bit surprising
Indians blowing that lead too but destiny took it's course
Falcons?!

Why are teams blowing leads so often lately

>2014 Spurs
Found the retard

>Blackburn Rovers

Do you mean when they won the PL? It's really not as special as it seems. They were basically City for the season while other clubs were still picking players up from the Sunday League.

2005 White Sox

They did it with a very boring offensive lineup (1 player with 100+ RBIs, Konerko, and only 2 players with 30+ HRs, Konerko, Jermaine Dye) but had four (!) starting pitchers with 15 wins. Crazy team.

They had the greatest manager to write about in baseball history though, that guy was a quote machine

Ozzie was such a crazy mother fucker dude. Sportscenter was always really fun to watch the day after he'd get ejected.

>ctrl+f
>no LESTAH

God the onion has a Chicago office where they write up actual news stories
There was an Ozzie article every day; he was basically the creator of the living meme

Delete this, bruv

Hmmm.

The Spurs were so good in 2014 that they destroyed an entire organization

>2006 Heat
Wade went to the line 97 fucking times in the finals.

Pistons 04

There are only 2, 11-1 teams. And the 2005 Sox are one of those teams.

It still feels weird that the Saints won the owl in my lifetime

I sometimes forget the Milwaukee Bucks fucking EXIST.

Washington Redskins

More so because they have won three.

Which would be weirder to look back on in retrospect: the 2012 Ravens winning, or the 2012 49ers winning with Kaep?

49ers winning the owl because Harbaugh keeps his job and Kaepernick is a super bowl winning qb in that timeline. it changes a lot. joe flacco doesnt break the bank in the offseason. randy gets a ring.

The browns were literally the greatest team of all time in the 40s 50s and 60s

Does he though? It's not like Harbaugh lost his job for failing to win a Super Bowl, or for that matter, anything related to on-field performance.
Kaep having a ring would be huge though. He'd be the most politicized athlete since Jackie Robinson, all while BLM would get blamed for him suddenly forgetting how to play football.

2016 Cubs

I'm glad the Falcons lost the Superbowl, because I don't want to live in a universe where the Falcons were champions.

>He quit coaching

He got fired for horseshit reason. He is still extremely bitter about it. Why do you think he keeps trashing most nfl owner on a regular basis. On the topic of having no continuity and stability. Being a coach has no security in the NFL

>Carolina Hurricanes
Every hockey fan loves to ignore that season

GREATEST FUCKING POSTSEASON RUN IN HISTORY AHHHH REKT MLB

>Every hockey fan loves to ignore that season
Keep in mind that was wedged between Cups by Tampa Bay and Anaheim.
It was a who's who of places who don't give a shit about hockey for a while.

Nottingham Forest 1980
Argentinos Juniors 1985
Crvena Zvedza 1991
Once Caldas 2004

back when NHL games were on OLN (Outdoor Life Network)

>Nottingham Forest 1980
1979 meanwhile is believable?

Joe Flacco had the greatest playoff run in history, why is it shocking that they won? It really shouldn't have been surprising since Flacco is very effective in the playoffs

Hard to believe the first post in the thread is already this dumb

nah

Joe Flacco was okay before then but he was carried by his defense

that four game stretch was literally the greatest of flacco's career and he hasn't come close to playing that well since.

still though the ravens have been a consistently good team in the 21 century, dont know why people were surprised they eventually went on another run.

considering how shit they are now, that's why it's so surprising
they were a fucking dynasty

and then only a few years after relocating to baltimore they won a superbowl

Derby County in 1971/72 and 1974/75 in a time where Liverpool and Leeds were the dominant sides at the time.

Some great players and did great things, including beating real madrid 4-0 at home and reaching the champions league semi finals where they lost to Juventus after they bought the ref...

so close

that 4 game stretch was the greatest of any QB's career

clough was a good manager though =(

four game playoff stretch? yes, but there were better playoff runs, it's just those qbs had byes.

He was. And he was only responsible for Derby's first title. Scottish hardman Dave Mackay was in charge of their 2nd title.

Fine player who was a Spurs legend and won the league with them and Derby.

no but implying they won because they bought referees makes him look like a cheater

Worst franchise to win world series: diamondbacks

Worst franchise to win Stanley Cup: hurricanes

Worst franchise to win NBA Finals: Kings(then royals)

Worst franchise to win Super Bowl; Saints

The patriots

damn.
whistle-happy refs.
wade sure had some help.

Juventus bought the ref my American friend, I last mentioned Juventus changing the focus so the following 'they' is for Juve.

Must be a language barrier

I've used the English (UK) language pack on Windows before
cannot navigate for shit, your slang is weird

init senpai it's a madting stil

I love how English guys are racist but talk like fucking rastafarians

That team was really good for like ~5 years before and after that title, though.