Critique this film, Sup Forums. Is it good, is it bad? What are did it do well, what could it have done better?

Critique this film, Sup Forums. Is it good, is it bad? What are did it do well, what could it have done better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wLTs5BKNFqo&index=1&list=LLRKQZUvD4qLkJ1quOab2l_w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cgi is next level
story is bad but we knew that before it was even made
acting is fine. casting however is meh

CGI was pretty wonderful. Sadly it doesn't mesh well at ALL with the live action. All the live actors were also fucking kings and wizards and shit but didn't look any older than 24.

Story had potential but it was extremely rushed. A lot of retcons (Dalaran wasn't supposed to be flying yet, etc).

Overall, if they had added an extra 40+ minutes, replaced all live-action with CGI to match atmosphere, and not made Garona look like a fucking cosplay, then it could've been pretty decent

The orcs felt natural, everything else kind of didn´t.
But that´s to be expected after years of Metzens orc-circlejerk.

It was much better than I expected

The CGI was the best I've ever seen. The characters we're likable and the story was good although a bit cheesy.

I really wish they went LOTR level with this, so much potential. Human actors weren't very great, king's armor was straight up ridiculous, son scene pointless. Also really don't get why Stormwind needed to be changed for the movie or why some plotpoints need to be changed... Just fucking leave it ffs. Oh well.

>almost all of the orcs scenes were goat
>cgi was good, but sometimes Hobbit-level of shit
>rushed pacing in the beginning
>Khadgar was boring
>MUH SON
Overall, not bad, 6/10.

Orc side is great, Viking man and jontron side is horrible.

Khadgar a cute.

Orc scenes were objectively great and fascinating to watch

everything else was mediocre

Wooden acting on the human side. Especially that knight guy.

worst pacing than BVS
it has no real ending, it's an act 1 movie fuck the it's a trilogy bullshit
cgi is a crapshot, it either looks amazing or something out of a syfy original

overall inoffensively mediocre

SOME CGI look good, but most of it looked really fake and bad

Green screen was obvious in many scenes

The costumes looked fake and cosplay tier

The story felt rushed and you feel that it lacks scenes

But,
It captures to look and feel of Warcraft, brings back memories and some parts are really well done.
And I liked how brutal it was at some points.

Duncan fucked up by wanting orcs and humans to have equal parts. It sounds good, but it must have increased the budget and forced them to remove 40 minutes of the story.

This is just a theory, but why else would they make the movie 40 minutes shorter?

It was the studio's decision to cut it down to 2 hours instead of 2 hours 40 minutes, he confirmed this on twitter

Yeah, to save money.

Story and dialogue were bad. Magic was cool. Not a fan of Cooper and Nigga. Not a fan of the murloc thing at the start but it's not a big deal, just too obvious and out of place.

They should've adapted WC3 IMO but maybe they were hoping for this movie to earn money so they'd have a bigger budget for it, who knows.

Orcs looked great, but the humans should have been CGI as well. Looked cheesy and retarded when they were in the same scenes together.

it's fucking ten times more entertaining than BVS, I'll rewatch warcraft multiple times a year, I'll never watch BVS again, ever.

Such a shame it didn't gain enough back to release the extra 40+ as a director's cut

I had no expectations so it turned out to be quite enjoyable. Ironforge, Karazhan, the Silverpine forest ambush, Draenei cameo, the rush at the dark portal, ORCS, music and a lot of familiar names from the lore were really nice.

Though I hated that smug mumbling aussiefuck who played Ragnar, err, I mean Lothar.

>all these retards talking about "muh 40 minutes

Welcome to pleb-town

Lothar didn't do it for me. I thought he was meant to be a great leader but he's just a bit of a quip machine n looks like a fucking bum.

Every orc scene was great. Gul'dan was amazing.

Im literally crying of sadness knowing Metzen has left Blizzard and that people just shit on this film I wanted him to watch over this franchise and make sure they dont fuck it up but now its over, I hope he still produces the film though even though he stated retirement today

I want the 40 minute cut just to shut the fucking retard up and absoute autists in america that need this shit spelled out to them scene for scene because they dont have a fucking clue in their fickle brainstems fucking cunts

>Gul'dan was amazing.

>come the fuck at me Gul'danHOLY SHIT WHY IS HE RIPPED

pros:
khadgar and medivhs storyline was surprisingly really fun to watch and the magic wasn't harry potter bullshit.
gul'dan actually kills people.
cons:didn't use any warcraft soundtracks at all, got guys score was mediocre.
rhadgar lothbrok was awful, seriously is that how his actual voice sounds, does he know that this isnt vikings?
the orc storyline was boring unfortunately the film had to roughly follow wc1s story whereas the warcraft lore only gets good during wc2
the cgi at parts was terrible, that gryphon looked so fake and the sets (apparently not cgi) sucked.
I'm not sure whether to blame blizzard or jones for this but i'm glad this cinematic universe isnt happening. Give it time though and they could reboot it after legion and follow the war of the ancients/arthas fall and rise

>why else would they make the movie 40 minutes shorter

To get 33% more screenings in the opening weekends, before everyone realized it was shiiiiiiit

can safely blame legendary. They bought the rights thinking being owned by wanda and wanda owning all the theaters in china theaters would allow them to get more of the chinese gross.

Instead, wanda, being chinese, just swallowed 160m of the gross and acted like legendary was fucking stupid for thinking they'd get any of it.

I really enjoyed it but has some cringewhorty parts.
I almost dropped it when Gul'dan helped birth the green baby, he simply jammed his hand on the orc's cunt and that's all.
Garona was cringewhorty too, and sort of ruined Lothar's depth.
Stone Orc Steve Austin had me guessing where his loyalties where.
King Llane is stupid as fuck and the whole Garona ending felt forced as fuck.

the rest was REALLY good, scenes were action packed and badass, the Mak'Gora was easily the best one.

Not even worth talking about but it was a solid 6.83/10. Mindless flick, I'll definitely make some time to pirate the second one when it comes out

>when

more like "if"

>it was conceived
>dropped

Movie is Gul'Dan out of 10

We needed more little character moments. The best scene in the whole movie was when Durotan and Orgrim were just talking while sitting on the cliff. In terms of characterisation there was a lot of telling and not enough showing. The performances were strong enough to the point where I bought most of what the movie was trying to sell me but it could've used that little bit more.

From a technical filmmaking perspective there were some really bizarre editing and pacing problems. Scene transitions were utterly baffling. It felt like the movie glossed over things that should have been important and focused on things that weren't.

What was there, in terms of the worldbuilding and the action scenes and the effects and some of the characters, it was all great, but there needed to be more of it.

I'd give it a 6. I hope this serves as a foundation that Duncan and co. can build on instead of just being a failed experiment. I don't know how much money it made, though.

Optional: more Gryphonbro

This scene was pretty fucking important and they cut it

youtube.com/watch?v=wLTs5BKNFqo&index=1&list=LLRKQZUvD4qLkJ1quOab2l_w

That extra 40 minutes could've made the movie a lot better