The Fall

Is this Mark E. Smiths "Blackstar"?

Why arent The Fall fans as persistent as Ween fans in making daily threads?

AOTY

Because fall fans aren't autistic plebs

I LOVE the album cover, beautiful colors and great font

Why wont needledrop review??

he doesn't think post punk other than joy division exists

Fantano's favorite album is Pink Flag

He only reviews "cool" and "hip" music. The Fall has fallen of this decades ago.

i really hope it isn't :(

Not even the best Wire album. Figures.

Pink flag is shit and isn't really post punk

he'll
be
fine

EAT Y'SELF FITTER

why do british people age so horribly?

Shitaste.

Britbongs are ugly in any period of their lives

I don't know what's the big deal, he's been always an ugly motherfucker.

he's got growths now, whereas before he's been more gaunt looking. His whole head is bloated. Plus I heard he had to crawl off stage cause he couldn't preform

Mate, that album is basically pop punk

British musicians are usually drug addicts or serious alcoholics

Can you even imagine the state of Mark's bowel movements? He probably constantly has runny poos... and the smell from all that booze. Yuck.

Also, does he have face cancer or something?

bump

all the inbreeding on that disgusting island

i hope he needs to cancel the concerts in brooklyn so i actually have a shot to get tickets uf they reschedule

NEW GROWTHS EMERGUHHHH

based on what fantano seems to value re: music he's probably not a big fan of the fall.

things that fantano doesn't seem to like that are very characteristic of the fall's classic albums:

songs that have a meaning but that meaning is contradictory, unclear, or confusing - Fantano likes music where the lyrics make clear what an artist is trying to say, for the most part. Even death grips songs are somewhat straightforward - like the lyrics will be cryptic but you can tell the general theme they're hitting on. maybe 1/2 of fall songs are like that. not sure fantano would b a fan of a song like who makes the nazis if it was released today by a novice band and he had to review it. i think he would find it pretentious.

poorly mixed / mastered albums - listen to the inconsistent / seemingly haphazard mixing on early albums (witch trials, dragnet, grotesque)

intentionally poorly played - fantano has always seemed to enjoy punk groups that are abrasive but in a way where its obvious that the technical performances are really tight and clean (see his love for Dead Kennedys, Fugazi, etc.)

too british - related to last point - fantano has never seemed to be a big fan of the more ramshackle strains of english punk (swell maps, the fall, the raincoats, etc.). he mentions and hypes up classic american punk bands (tighter playing, more straightforward), more straightforward post-punk (joy division, nick cave), etc. Fantano doesn't seem to be a fan of the kinds of punk groups with setups like two bassists, two guitarists, two drummers, some idiot banging on a synth, and someone running a vacuum cleaner and banging pots and pans in the background.

N.B Fugazi was fantano's favorite band in high school I'm pretty sure. Tight performances, easy to understand, straightforward and politically charged lyrics, clear meaning and mission. Not sure he would enjoy how insane, messy and politically confusing the fall can be. The fall are my fav band fwiw.

chairs missing is great tho and v obviously post-punk. same with colin's first solo album A-Z

good perspective, cheers m8

thanks. i sperged out like a year ago when i was at peak fall-love and tried to see if he had mentioned them before. only mention i could find was comparing iceage song the lord's favorite to the fall which i'm guessing was a comparison to the container drivers. idk. another lil tidbit to offer.

add. not saying that fantano would dislike the fall. I'm sure he likes them fine but from what i can tell from having watched lots of fantano around 2012-2014 i highly doubt he would like the fall a lot or even enough to buy for instance a vinyl copy of a fall record.

top 10 fall songs?

bump

I've only ever really listened to the album Dragnet but I recommend it definitely. Your Heart Out, Rowche Rumble, Dice Man, My Area. I think those were my favorite songs

>Is this Mark E. Smiths "Blackstar"?
No
He'll be gone for the end of the year, but knowing the Fall they'll have two more albums out before them

no

in no order

the classical
an older lover, etc.
fit and working again
prole art threat
elastic man
lay of the land
2x4
R.O.D
c n' c-s mithering
winter

EAT Y'SELF FITTER

The NWRA, nothing else matters

MISTA PHARMACIST

blackstar was crap, this is good

the fall isnĀ“t "hip" or "cool" flavor of the month band. the fall have 40 years of being relevant

Guided by Voices
The Fall
Ween

who fuck cares about that cunt

Stay ALIVW THREA

Bump

SPOILT VICTORIAN CHILD

Anyone else think the new The Fall album is the worst he's ever released? It's just him singing over indie pop riffs and it's horrible.

it's shit, the guitarist needs to be thrown in the gutter

bump-uh

I really like mark's rambling style of vocals. What are some other bands that have that sound?

country teasers

Another subpar Fall album, with no potential of improvement in sight.
Mark really needs to kick everyone out of the band and build a new lineup from the ground up again. It's a shame he's old and decrepit and probably has neither the energy nor the will to do that.

Sleaford mods

Grotesque>slates>dragnet>this nations..>hex enduction>levitate>perverted by..>live at the..

one of the few fall influenced bands that blow the fall themselves out of the water

bump

Life Without Buildings

AOTY