Hello Sup Forums

Hello Sup Forums

During many years now i've been depressed and i don't know if it'll get any better... I started with anti-depressants 2 months ago and everything still feels empty and everything is a hassle. My family is starting to reject me cause all i do is sleep cause that's the only time i don't want to kill myself... What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hCJKg6mlmLA
youtube.com/watch?v=MXRiKEybN0s
thepiratebay.org/torrent/5840011/Bioshock_1___2_OST
youtu.be/CqO4vBSLHMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, General feels thread

It can take up to five years to find the right combination of medication at the right dosage to treat the average case of depression.
I understand that you're discouraged by the lack of responsiveness, but you've barely even begun your journey into finding the right meds and therapies.

I went through 8 different meds. One made me so paranoid I pissed myself because I couldn't find the courage to leave my bedroom and go to the bathroom five steps into the hallway. Two of them made my depression worse. Three had no effect. One turned me into a zombie.

The one I'm currently on (seroquel 300mg with deplin as a kicker) has made my life so, so much better and more tolerable. It took three years to find that particular combination and dose.

What anti-depressants are you on? If safe try supplementing with modafinil. It worked for me

Currently i'm taking ecitalopram teva. And i fucking hate therapists, that's why i chose Sup Forums cause i know that there are people who are similar to me here

Also i forgot to mention that i don't have any diagnosed "illnesses" like ADD or anything the like

Therapies do not necessarily mean therapists. Your psychiatrist will have a good idea how to help. You just have to remember that chronic depression takes a long time to correct.

I don't like psychiatrists either i've met about 4 of them but i feel as if they don't know what it's like.

Not on antidepressants, but I'm dead inside and want to end it all too. I'm a fucking failure, OP.

So... who do you get your meds from?

I've been to Psychiatrists before and i got anti-depressants from them but i fucking hate going to them, if something they make me more depressed...

Cheer up, you fruits. It's as easy as figuring out why you feel X emotion and then turning it off like a switch. Once you get that control you can start storing emotional energy to use later. Repress and reuse.

Also, motivational pic.

Once you get passed the initial evaluation process (could take a few visits) and build a report with one, it becomes easier.

Psyciatrists have a hard time evaluating me cause i don't know the source as to why i'm depressed. All i know is that i'm sad and empty and is tempted by the easy way out

You're cool, whoever made this post and that photo. Thank you; keep it up. You will have greatness on the path that you're on.

There can be multiple sources of depression. Sometimes it's an event or culmination of events, sometimes it's a chemical imbalance in the brain, sometimes it's a physiological difference in brain makeup.

The initial evaluation is supposed to attempt to figure out which one is the source. You'll have blood draws, therapeutic evaluation, etcetera. Different medications work for different sources.

Just because it's hard to evaluate you doesn't mean it's impossible.

Im on Escitilopram aswell. Modafinil works great with it. I found the Escitilopram made me lethargic, the modafinil makes me feel more awake and ready to deal with the world.

depression doesn't always have a reason, some people are just chemically unbalanced, hang in there, i know its rough

I have insurance but i really really dont want my family to know. I cant afford the preliminary copays to the therapist to get referred to psychiatrist with my insurance. Is there places i can go that are free/cheaper than $30 a visit?

I feel bad for the last few generations. Previous generations didn't take antidepressants. They drank like normal people.

You want to not be depressed anymore? Change your diet. Stop eating and drinking sugar.

Fucking pussy.

Depends where u live, I personally (OP) live in Sweden where its free

I've tried like 12 different antidepressants and they've all been basicaly worthless, or beyond worthless with the ones that had terrible withdrawals and horrible side effects

It took me from 17 to 25 to get over depression, spent my early adulthood in and out of jail, rehab, and psych wards

I honestly think antidepressants are basically a scam, and the main ingredient in getting over depression is time

depression works like a hangover, there is no real cure only time. You can do things like drinking lots of water, take paracetamol, but in the end it's just going to play itself and there's not much you can do.

get away from your family, feeling like a burden upon them is really bad for your mental state, move into a shared house if you're poor

beware of opiates alcohol and benzos. in my experience they make you feel better for a short time but overall they destroy your life

being sober is really good for your mental state, eating well, exercise and sun, and being involved in something (study work volunteer, just do something)

I always hear this, but am curious to know why sugar of all things would cause depression?

>free?
I think being admitted at a hospital is free. But you have to lie and say you are gonna kill yourself or something. And you will be there for 3 days.

I dont have anywhere to go though... i'm only 20 years old and have no job so i cant move out either...

Once you experience enough fragmentation and subsequent reformations of the psyche, even depression seems to melt away. Or maybe that's just my experience.

I've been the whole nine yards regarding depression and suicide, except dead. Slowly, things get whittled away. First goes the naive, teen angst concept of self and worrying about what others think, once you decide to entertain a hope for being around. Then goes the fear of death, once you've experienced the mental/emotional stages associated with dying, sans death itself. Then goes the fear of failure. Then goes the sense of intrinsic hope or hopelessness, then the worry of achieving goals in order to be happy. Then you face the void within, and you sort the very foundation of your demons. Then you stop blaming others, when it seems you end up holding a grudge to someone who either no longer exists, or will never reconcile with it. Then, you stop holding onto things or being moved by that which used to be inconsolable. Someone's done something heinous? Well, what are you going to do, right? Someone was going to do it. Oh well. Really, it's as if you just let go of a lot of things. And you feel, clean. Solid. Whole. Unburdened. Free. It feels great.

And I know I'll die one day. And I know I'll probably get cancer. And I know I might lose my job. And I know everyone I love might die. And I know things are bad here and there. I know and regard them, but really, I'm not sure if it's the same kind of care anymore. It's not really so upsetting that it will leave the greatest chip on my shoulder. There's no ruing, no lamenting. It's unavoidable. It has nothing to do with me in the long run. I know what to expect, I've confronted the majority of the unknowns, I have no fears of my perceived inner self, I know exactly what I mean and feel, I have no doubts in my capabilities, and there is an entire world for me to grasp and mess with, before it messes me into a grave. And it will. And then I'll be buried, probably in a pine box. And I bet that pine box will smell like pine. And that's how it goes.
>bye

But I do have to say that it's been a long time running to even feel like this. I really saw no reason or rhyme to do anything, and said to myself, I may as well get off here. There's nothing for me. I have fought hell, fought others, fought myself, fought the weight of the world, broken my fingers and fallen flat on my face. Now I want to lie eternal.

Turns out that I'll eventually be kicked off the ride anyways, so I'm covered there. Maybe I've just embraced the absurd, maybe I've gone insane, maybe my brain has managed to right a chemical imbalance, who knows. All I know is that I have never felt this completeness since I was infantile. As if there was a ray of light coming from a black hole, shining within me, pushing me through the meaningless drive, and its the one thing that makes everything else alright. And I can sit in that light. And it bathes me in its glow, and I can smile, and laugh, and learn, and long.

Doesn't cause depression. That's a meme. And basically like telling a fat person not to eat bread. Fixes nothing.

Sugar basically keeps you awake more at night. And fucks your sleep all up. In return makes your day more shit. Just don't consume sugar 4 hours before bed.

The only halfway decent part of Sup Forums. The feels threads

(OP) here, yeah i agree. kinda reminds you that there are good people everywhere

Yeah man. I am guilty of being "overly sentimental" and "overly compassionate". I hate my life and think about suicide often. I also drink a lot to cope even though it doesn't work to better anything. But God and my own depression are the reasons I care about people.

>God

I hope this is bait.

Man, a moment was happening.

Sorry mate. Just because Atheists don't agree with God, doesn't mean that He doesn't exist. And at the end of the day, that's why many of them don't believe. Because they don't WANT to. Not because they can't. But I didn't come here to argue that.

Get off the meds, they just make you fat and tired.

The trick to beating depression is staying busy as fuck.

A moment clearly based on lies
I'm all for the feels, but don't diminish our collective emotionality with your religious faggotropics.

You're right. Even though your capitalizing 'He' drives me mad with rage, this isn't the throd for religious debate. I'll post some more feels. God a whole folder.

Hello does someone has the caps of the usual feels greentext? I need to let some feels let go and i would like to cry whilst reading my bros histories.

tried many depression meds as a teen. never worked or had to many side effect that made me want to die anyway. put your tin full hats on but i wonder if depressions meds are just a way for docs to make money. i was in a institution when i was younger and it helped no one. everyone just fell asleep in group. i talk to some of the kids i met in there and they (like i) say they came off the meds and fought thru it, hoping they'd "grow out of it" some of the kids even killed themselves. i hope they work for you op, but from what i've seen they're bullshit and you just gotta fight thru it, i've become an alcoholic but im alive. fuck doctors i say.

Well, it isn't my religious faggotropics, but alright.

Some people listen to Metal when depressed. Although it swaps their sadness with hate and rage, they prefer it over sadness.

Op here, Who cares if he's religious??? he's just trying to help... i accept all help from personal experience although i wont become a beliver

Op here, I hate Metal so i'm not gonna do that...

I know, shutting up about religion. Dumping some feels. Starting with greentexts and stories from Sup Forums for this guy Metal's great for that exact reason. Emotions are dynamic energy. You can easily convert sadness to hate with the right external stimulus or internal effort. You can also take it one step further and repress emotions and store them to be used later on when it really matters, or if that event never comes, release them in a controlled way through drinking, video games, fighting, self-mutilation (remember, control and moderation in all things), etc.

This one makes me more angry than sad, but still relevant.

Now I know 99% of you more than likely hate classic music. But man. This is specific for those with a broad that got away. I feel it. I blame my grandparents for getting me into some of this stuff.
youtu.be/hCJKg6mlmLA

Pour my heart and soul into my ex girlfriend through text but it's actually her new boyfriend on her account, he's worried she still has feelings for me... tonight's been stressful

I got dysthymia and depressions for 32 years now but I'm not into suicide .
NEVER tell people that you don't plan to suicide.
They will not believe you to have depressions at all.

I've seen displays of annoyance and disgust both from "normal" people and those who are supposed to help you.

They want every depressive person to suicide to make their own miserable existence better.

My friend. You may not like it, but give it a shot. It's short anyhow.

Wow, Bobby Vinton. Nice.

Just because most oldfags have lost all motivation to do anything on Sup Forums but lurk silently with one hand on their dick doesn't mean they're not here. Listening now, I love oldies.

May have proved my point.

fuck man.

Oh, I know.

This one is a favorite. I've cried like a bitch to this one when drunk enough.

And this one hammers the feels-nail home for the previous one.

nice, it's good for grandparents to spread their music like that. im 22 but a big billie holiday fan. depressing like this but somehow makes me feel better
youtube.com/watch?v=MXRiKEybN0s
>got into her because of her cover of the 'suicide song' gloomy sunday

Sadness envelopes me

You're on mobile. That's a drag man, seriously. Maybe write it down then so you can listen later. I'm telling you friend, if you're blue over a girl (honestly no pun intended) this is a great tune to match that feel.

See if you can find a torrent for the soundtracks to Bioshock 1 & 2. Got all the best songs in a playlist; good shit. All i need is an ambience track of leaking pipes, distant whalesong, and big-daddy moans echoing in nearby tunnels and I'm good to go (unfortunately I don't).

I'll be 23 in 3 and a half weeks. My grandparents jam this stuff all the time. Whenever I'm drinking beer with my grandfather and mixing liquor with my grandmother this is all they play. Well, my grandmother also listens to my 80's and 90's stuff if I want to play it on account of my father jamming 80/90's Metal and Rock around her all the time.

Ur the best thanks

thepiratebay.org/torrent/5840011/Bioshock_1___2_OST
found this but i'll be honest, i don't use torrents so i know fuck all. i tried for you user

get a job

Just get uTorrent or Bittorrent. Open the torrent file with either of the two programs, that's all you really need to know. Torrents are the future.. and have been for at least the last 10 years.

I'll post these last three that hit me the hardest, then I'm out. Got stuff to do.

I gave it a listen, tbh didn't resonate with me, sorry user

It's cool man. I'm gonna post another that gets me personally. I feel Layne's part the most.
youtu.be/CqO4vBSLHMw

Also, the light emitted by cellphone and PC can also upset the sleep cycle.

(Op here) i actually cant sleep without it, i need some kind of sound, i cant sleep in silence

don't take antidepressants unless you can literally not function. especially don't take them if they don't even work. you will only end up with depression and an(other) addiction.

kill yourself

Do you have tinnitus, as well? Even a mild case can wreak havoc with the sleep cycle.

I sleep in absolute silence with all light off in pitch black darkness. A lot of people will tell me they couldn't do that. Younger brother uses a fan

i have occasional tinnitus

darkness isn't the problem, the sound is

That's all folks, I'm out.

Off the top of my head, try...
Dead Island theme (extended)
Shinedown - 45
Terry Reid - Seed of Memory
John Murphy - Adagio in G Minor
Don Edwards - Coyotes
Fleetwood Mac - Landslide
Nanci Griffith - Across the Great Divide
Godsmack - Hollow

Try em out.

I would be afraid of things in the dark..

mothafucka knows some shit about mirrors
don't forget they can't be real if our eyes aren't real

And now I'm out. Good night, anons. Stay strong.

Then you need some kind of White Noise.

41yr old fag here. I was on prozac for a year all it did was make me gain 20lbs and counting. Same mental shit. Psyc gave me lamictal when I told her prozac wasnt working. I still feel the rage. I'm thinking of quitting the meds and trying healthy shit instead. btw i run 4miles4or5 times a week and play basketball when i dont run. still cant lose weight or keep it off

what makes someone so insecure that they have to tell someone else how to live?

Here you go friends, I'm not really depressed anymore and I hope it gets better for the rest of you.