TV show suggestions?

TV show suggestions?

I hate to be /that guy/ but I got a flight tomorrow and would like to binge watch something while there. any suggestions?

I like almost any genre other than sitcoms tbh. more dark and horror the better, but i even like funnier shows as long as they have a dramatic element. even like anime if its serious enough.

fav shows:
>buffy
>orange is the new black
>weeds
>AHS (season 1)
>orphan black

something with a good finale is always preferred.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uzznfBbbMVc
youtube.com/watch?v=pNLlHYJnj8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You into anime? If not, Game of Thrones NIGGA

Absolutely highly recommend Dexter for you. Very good show with dark scenes and a very good story. The only thing is that HE LEAVES AND BECOMES A LUMBER JACK AT THE END.

open to anime if its serious enough. I enjoyed attack on titan for the horror elements and some of its later character development. I liked the first season of yu yu hakusho and i loved gakkou gurashi. horror is definitely my favoriteb ut i settle for dark drama or just a cohesive story really. i dont want a long endless filler anime thats for sure, but if there's anything thats got a solid story with good arcs and a great finale, im pretty in.

kek ive seen dexter back to front, but i dont mind rewatching. i forgot dexter existed and the first season is definitely worth a rewatch if nothing else gets suggested.

also, for game of thrones i suppose im open to it but my plan had always been to wait til the whole show was done and binge watch it.

Shameless
its pretty dark humor, kinda fucked up at times, got 5 people into it and they all say its their favorite show now
youtube.com/watch?v=uzznfBbbMVc

if you like orange is the new black you'll love this

I love shameless, I wouldn't mind a rewatch on that cuz i think its got good rewatch value but i unfortunately rewatched it in june.

Shameless is wholesome dark humor, it's great.

I'd recommend Cowboy Bebop or Neon Genesis Evangelion for anime
For an actual tv show I've been watching Mr. Robot, Hannibal, and Silicon Valley
Mr Robot has gotten a lot more casual in the lastest season but definitely still good.
Hannibal is soo good
Silicon Valley is full of jokes but has a story, not many of my friends really like it for some reason

damn, i tried. bates motel is good if you like dexter and the series just finished so you can binge it. i think it did a good take on
Psycho.

'aye people have been recommending hannibal forever this would be a great chance to watch that, sounds right up my alley.

im told that its recently got revived and the new season is a much later sequel, takes place during silence of the lambs yeah?

ignoring that, how was the previous season finale (which if im not mistaken was intended as a series finale)?

did it wrap it all up well or does it leave osmething to be desired.

i am in love with bates motel, i felt the last season really lost its self though and it made me sad. thankfully season 4s last two episodes both work as a good stopping point for the series in terms of both plot and story.

I haven't finished it yet, I only just finished the first season the other night and it was great. I'm told that the series is over now with season 3 ending

if im not mistaken it was recently revived for a 4th season but I only heard that from someone irl and cant seem to find a source yet.

heres to hoping its got a good finale, definitely downloading

you op? i'd say im sad i couldn't recommend good shows for you but you've got awesome fucking taste.
>shameless
>buffy
>orange is the new black
>dexter
>bates motel
all favorites of mine
game of thrones too, next and last season aint till next year so it depends on how fast you watch if you wanna try it

when i binge its a pretty immersive experience assuming i dont got a big project on my hands.

I loved season 1 of game of thrones but only Khaleesi seemed to really get any closure and i dont like a big wait without closure, shows that end on cliffhangers each season bug the fuck out of me, so I'm waiting until the final season starts airing then watch an episode or two a day minimum until im done.

Those shows are all my absolute favorites, sans for Dexter. I loved season 1 and a few of the later seasons but as a whole its pretty messy and I like things a little more well put together.

very true about dexter, don't get me started on debras ending and the lumberjack shit, i get flashbacks but i forgot about american horror story. the second season is probably my favorite (asylum, it's darker than the first season) and 3 and 4 isn't bad 5 is okay but fuck me is 6 bad. you could give the other 4 seasons a try.

A quick Google search and I see it was being talked about 11days ago, 'conversations' going on about it - it says.

AHS is a weird show for me. Don't get me wrong asylum was fun because it was darker, but whats most important to me is the writing, and thats something that AHS falls short on 90% of the time.

season 1 was nearly perfect, it kinda slipped with that demon baby plot line that ended up not factoring in, but other then that it was pretty solid.

Asylum was good until about 75% of the way in. When the nun got killed there was no real plot thread to follow, and the inmates spent the next 4 episodes just getting in and out of the asylum before just being let go through no actions of their own, very deus ex machina, then a flash forward where even less happens. maddening.

season 3 went crazy about half way through and season 4 never really knew what it wanted. Season 5 was the sloppiest of all I think. All these seasons at least had some redemption in their style and cinematics, its a comfy show, the kind you can just pop a melatonin in and settle down for the night watching.

but god damn you are right about season 6, what an imense pile of garbage. it got rid of the only things it had going for it: fun characters and cinematics, which they swapped out for garbage dual roles and that reality shtick. awful mess.

was going ot skip season 7 because I'm tired of election garbage but im not going to lie the trailer makes it look good. it looks really focused plot wise and not nearly as soap box as i thought it would be. worst case scenario I think it'll at least be like season 5: comfy and creepy.

sorry for the rant there.

Daredevil
Jessica jones
Doctor who. (Start in 2005)

Ash vs evil dead. Cannot recommend it enough. The show is perfect.

I tried daredevil but had a hard time getting into it, something about the lawyer duality really bummed me out. considering jessica jones and the others just so ican get in on them defenders though.

tried doctor who watched all of season 1 but was pretty disappointed with it. seemed like my type of show but it just didn't work for me.

Tried the first two episodes of ash vs evil dead. I wasn't a fan of the franchise before and the revival definitely didn't do it for me. sorry man, different tastes.

These are all female shows bruh

nah user, i read it all. i feel you when it comes to a good ahs rant. it can be good and then make you want to type long paragraphs at their bullshit and writing. i said i'd stop after 5 but watched most of 6. probably end up watch 7 as well, just to try it out.
have a good flight

buffy was written by a dude, AHS was written by a dude, and orphan black was written by a dude.

Jenji Kohan's shows were written by a female, but the humor is on the masculine raunchy side that is off putting to a lot of females with heavy focus on attractive lesbian sex so I never really thought of it as female shows, just shows about females.

either way, if thats upsetting to you, good luck with that, but pointing it out as if I didn't know they had female characters and its suddenly going to make me change my tastes is pretty dumb.

Doctor who: season one is where it all changes. Season 2 gets david tennet and proceeds to be awesome... And a little campy.

Still my most loved tv show is sopranos. Watching it for the third time these days, the best

Forged in fire and beat bobby flay

twinsies, seriously. what kind of anime do you watch, if any?

unless you're gone from thread, in which case, see ya around.

Naked and afraid
Preacher

Preacher is fucking strange.

Legion was pretty cool. Very surreal.

if you're into action user i'd recommend strike back, it's got intense action, violence, suspense and hollywood level choreography and acting

legion was that recent x men off shoot yeah? how did the finale go? did it wrap everything up?

Just finished binge watching all of Dark Matter. I found it very entertaining, and the MC is insanely hot.

Started off well. The ending was so so. But points for villain choice.

>if its serious enough. I enjoyed attack on titan for the horror elements and some of its later character development. I liked the first season of yu yu hakusho and i loved gakkou gurashi. horror is definitely my favoriteb ut i settle for dark drama or just a cohesive story really.
If you haven't seen Berserk, go do that.

>Dexter
I wanted to like it, but it felt like I was watching "Michael Cera: Part Time Serial Killer".

Chuck was ok.
I liked Burn Notice and White Collar, but they're not for everyone.
Lie to me is good if you like Psychology at all.
Luther is fucking AMAZING.
Penny Dreadful is like League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but dark and a good bit more drama.

Burn notice was great. One season too long though.

I've heard that. I mean, I can agree that the resolution took way too fucking long to actually fucking HAPPEN, but I'm OK with what the resolution was.They had half a season's worth of GOOD material and tried to stretch it.

>Burn Notice
Burn Notice started great and then went downhill pretty quickly. The mom was annoying.

Mr Robot
Legion
Westworld

What ever happened to the Sam and Jesse spinoff they were supposed to do?

Rick and Morty

Fuck if I know.
I would've loved watching Bruce do more of that shit.

I'm glad he's doing the Evil Dead series, but Sam Axe was an awesome character.

The mom is lacey from cagney and lacey.

You. I like you. You have good taste in both stuff AND things!

already loaded my phone with this. its a little overhyped imo, but its so comfy for reasons beyond my understanding. kinda like Steven universe without the 'LOOK AT US WERE SO DUMB' edge to its filler.

I know. I'm old enough to have watched that show when it came out. I didn't like her then, either.

my man watch Neon Genesis Evangelion if you want a good finale

i think most people watched it just because of the finale (which is its own movie)

American gods. Westworld. Oz. The preacher. Stan against evil. Ash vs evil dead. Last man on . The night of. Any of those user. Enjoy your last flight.

ive heard so many good things but a friend and I area supposed to watch that one together. we sat through the first three episodes last week and plan to continue when i return.

Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23 on Hulu. I avoided this show for a long time, I thought it was going to be another poorly-written female comedy a la Amy Schumer. I was wrong. This show has me belly laughing in the same way The Grinder did.

Pretty sure The Grinder is still on Netflix, great show with an awesome cast that for some reason got fucking canceled.

Overrated

>American gods
>preacher
(No The. Just Preacher.)
>Ash vs evil dead.
I can vouch for all of these, and was curious about
>Stan against evil.
So I think I will give it a watch now.

i honestly hate the fanbase for how much they hype up each episode. For weeks all i heard from the rickandmorty community was PICKLE RICK!!! like stfu the episode wasn't even that good. Season 3 so far has been really lackluster to me, but i think it's because everyone hypes up the show so much that it doesn't meet my standards

If you liked Don't trust the B, you's probably like Better off Ted, too. That show needed more seasons. The fake commercials they ran were golden.

Community

i think my issue was i heard that it was so 'smart' and that it explains highly scientific things to you and explains them in simple ways that makes you feel retarded, but I've watched the show back to front like 5 times already and havent seen any of that. I mean I get that chunks of it are based in real scientific theory but it doesn't seem like they go out of their way to make it seem plausible or possible, just typical sci fi, which isn't bad to me imo. Just seems weird that people treat it like its such a smart show when it seems like just a normal show. its fun as hell and has a comfy vibe and its more serious episodes are fucking great.

my favorite one has to be the parasite episode though, all those imaginary friends, gay jerry with sleepy gary, so fucking hilarious but also a really dark scary concept, and interesting commentary / moral at the end.

Yeah definitely, people are always like "Rick and Morty is so smart" like no, stop, it's really not. And I love when the show gives us those unexpected dark moments. Like in the last episode "Lisa?" I was fucking laughing my ass off

My favorite episodes of the series so far are probably the Mr meeseeks one, and the one where they accidentally break reality

Ever see American Ninja Warrior?

Toughest competition in human history. They bet a million dollars that no one can make it to the end.

Only one guy in 7 years has beaten the course.

the meseeks episode seems to be a favorite but i was never too keen on it. anything with the council of ricks and those parasites are my favorites. i dont remember the 'lisa?' moment in the most recent episode but im about to rewatch that right now as i go to bed so ill probably find it.

its a fun as fuck show for sure and i wish i hadnt discovered it so soon. i think this latest season feels lackluster just because of me watching it episodically whereas its the kind of show that works better in big binges.

ive seen bits nad pieces but i am really only into scripted TV.

That show is way too long. I used to watch the original Japanese version on G4 and it was so much better. 30 minutes per ep, no huge backstory segments and the announcers were a lot funnier. Plus, you had more regular folks, like that gas station attendant dude.

Keeping up with the Kardashians is great scripted TV.

the Kardashians is a procedural thats just masquerading as a character piece. They never experience true arcs, at moments they will seem to reaffirm themselves but only to continue pretending that they might grow from that later.

True detective
(Just the first season)
Same tier as breaking bad but in like 8 episodes

forgot about true detective. already loaded up on other suggestions but ill download that while im there to watch on the way back.

youd like the good place, its a comedy about a girl who accidentally gets sent to heaven instead of hell. it gets darker as the season progresses but stays funny

interesting. does it have any serious elements to it?

Boardwalk empire

youtube.com/watch?v=pNLlHYJnj8I

House of Lies is a lesser known but very entertaining show. Don Cheadle, the chick who played Veronica mars, and some others you might recognize playing scummy sardonic managment consultants, very cutthroat but somehow they all get along, sort of and a lot of fun fast-paced dialogue. Smart but not too heavy, dark and wry humour, but also rather touching in a lot of ways, I enjoy how the character depth develops.

If you ant something that's finished yet: White Collar. Otherwise you should definetly watch Archer and Rick & Morty.but you might get unwanted attention for kek mid flight