Pls recommend

there are only a handful of guitar solos that i genuinely enjoy listening to. In fact, i have my top 6.

6. When the Levee Breaks - LedZ - Appealing on every level
5. Hey You - Pink Foyd - Really captivating
4. Hotel California - The Eagles, long stretching outo incredibly nice .
3. Comfortably Numb (2nd solo) Though more the song itself. The solo manages to improve it.
2. Time - Pink FLoyd - Just rips into everything, exceptional. eargasm everytime, and always insufficient volume!!.
1. November Rain.- Guns 'n Roses -yeah..

Aside from these. Stairway to Heaven, Bohemian Rhapsody, more Queen and Pink Floyd. I can usually tollerate.. The Beatles kept it nice and modest. always appreciated that.
There will be some more I don't mind or not patricularly care for. Yet usually solos fail to settle for my indifference, Dreamtheater hasnt got one that impressed me. I generally can not stand them.. And get annoyed by them..
Usually disagree with people proclaiming guitar gods and all - Yeah I'm sure they play really complicated and outstanding, but it doesn't sound any good to my ears.. well anyway

Based on my fav's what is there to recommend that you think would win me over?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h5BrE1Pi5cU
youtu.be/My8Kit8amLc?t=2m34s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>eargasm everytime, and always insufficient volume!!.

>Song - Band

you dont like Time?

Steve vai lost chord tender surrender and we are one

why

Of the limited recs given in the thread last night, were any of them enjoyable?

How many times do you plan on making these?

this is a "bait" thread right?

The blue - David Gilmour was very familiar, i guess he's the most consistent with holding up high standards, he's underrated

depends

Steve Vai is great. I know that's an unpopolar opinion here but damn he's good fun. He has a sense of humour so his virtuosity doesn't seem masturbatory or to take itself seriously like the work of other technically accomplished players. Here's a good example:

youtube.com/watch?v=h5BrE1Pi5cU

Steve vai is great if you like putting penises in your mouth

Where's Don Felder Heavy Metal'solo?

Eagles - One of These Nights

One of the Hotel California guitarists (Don Felder) plays the solo. It's not as melodic as Hotel California, but you might like it.

>>>
>Anonymous 08/02/17(Wed)22:36:18 No.74
the solo, whilst not responcible for the song's success, is a worthy addition to one of the best songs ever. The song is better known than the band, for that reason exactly. And the lyrics

Are you talking about Hotel California or One of These Nights?

if a guitar could masturbate it would sound like steve vai's playing

well youknow, given Hotel California is generally regarded as one of the best songs ever, OOTN pales in comparison, commercially speaking.

Yeah I figured, but I was confused as to why you even gave that response to what I said. It didn't really seem relevant, like you're insulting my suggestion.

Are you saying you want solos that are worthy additions to what are generally regarded as great songs?

The problem with you is that you already have a bias against guitar solos. I could recommend you some arguably objectively excellent solos, but you might not like them because you don't really have an ear for guitar solos as a separate entity from the song as a whole.

go for it. I welcome them.

I didn't meant to offend

Ur rigte

THIS

Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
Knockin' On Heavens Door, Don't Cry -
G'n'R
If you're looking for something heavier...
Orion, Nothing Else Matters and One - Metallica

>this thread

youtu.be/My8Kit8amLc?t=2m34s
gazpacho rarely do solos but when they do it works pretty good and doesn't seem forced
check out the ones in Night as well