Ok faggots I need advice

Ok faggots I need advice.

I've decided to abandon my life. I'm leaving. Giving up. I'm bored and know there is more. I don't care if I regret it.

Not into the whole suicide thing because I think this is a much better plan.

My plan is to become a drifter. Just hitchhike town to town city to city and live out of a backpack and tent. I'm fairly outdoorsy and have no problems in that regard.

I currently have 1k unemployment checks every two weeks for another 8 months so that's my just in case money but I plan to Panhandle day to day to feed myself. Or go to soup kitchens.

I'm in Canada and Don't have the proper id to cross into the states but have read a lot about how to sneak in if I decide to do so. It's not that hard. Any good suggestions on where to ride out winter outdoors? What state. Any good cities for Panhandlers?

Here is my gear so far also. Taking suggestions on what else I might need.

1 hiking backpack
1 tent. 1 sleeping bag certified for -20 celsius. 1 pillow/clothes bag.
Bag of general hygiene and toiletries, sewing kit, first aid. Matches, lighter.
1 of each- pan, pot, siv, multi tool with fork knife and spoon.
String/rope.
Phone, chargers, laptop power bank. Bulova watch. Wallet. ID
2 jeans, 2 t-shirts, 3 boxers, hoodie. New shoes. (The rest of my clothes will be from thrift shops)
2 books, and a journal.
Heavy markers for hitchhiking/Panhandle signs.
A tarp for rain.
A small battery powered radio.
A few water purification tabs for emergency and 2 freeze dried meals also for emergency
I think that was it. Any suggestions on what else I might need?

Any tips from anyone who has done hitchhiking, backpacking or been homeless?

Any other general advice, critiques or questions are equally welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b2zGFXaPn0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Op here.

I plan to regularly update here and maybe a video blog on YouTube. Will see how it goes.

Look up the final diner scene of Pulp Fiction

Like a drifter you was born to walk alone

Hey. Really interested in this, since I personally thought about just fucking leaving as well.

>video blog on YouTube

Think about what you'll use to film yourself. You can use your mobile phone if it's a fairly new one with a good front-cam, but if it's fairly old, the video will be shit and nobody will want to watch it.

Either way, good luck.

Whats your point? I mean, I know it.

Its good but not great. A galaxy s5.

Thermal gear is a must

I'm getting a circus around if you want to join it.

Speaking of which. My phone is loaded with around 3000 songs for boredom.

And the wheel of time audiobooks.

Just looked up a quick test video. Looks good enough. Would probably watch it at that quality. You're good.

I don't want to work. That's one of the reasons to go.

Yeah, it's not perfect in lower light but it will do I thought.

A gun would be useful too

Stay out of my country, you Canadian deadbeat!

Sure. But I get picked up for Panhandling I don't want to be armed.

How you gonna keep the service on th ephone as a drifter?

you need lots of socks, footpowder, and at least a 2 litre bottle for water. Once rainy season hits you're going to discover the joys of foot rot. You're not going to eat every day or even every week, you'll be a mark in any food kitchen or shelter, you should just avoid other homeless people altogether. You're going to smell horrible, your clothes are going to fall apart, and you're going to have constant diarrhea. Not eating is going to make your stomach constantly fill up with acid. You'll likely get sunburned during the day and be uncontrollably cold during the night as a result. it won't be long before you're throwing up every day. you need to drink water constantly and keep your feet as dry as possible.

Nah, the border is too easy to cross. Plus.. it's cold here. I love Canada but the winter would be rough.

Learn how to say about. Saying aboot will expose you as a Canadian.

OP
1) how will you get your checks if you dont have an address..
2)is there no way you could get a dumb trade from a community college or a government job?
3) please dont make a video blog, im being cynical, what makes your blog any different that everyone other homeless persons? You should be focusing on making your life better day by day instead of a video blog

Not, only wifi. And maybe some pay as you go sims since my phone is unlocked.

A throwaway phone might be a good idea. Just an old phone that still works that you can give away when you get mugged. Also maybe a second wallet where you only keep a few dollars inside.

Don't wanna end up getting mugged and losing all your money and your phone.

Youtube channel link?

do you have one of these babies

Being homeless/drifter is a full time job, if you think it isn't constant work finding ways to avoid the cold & hunger then you're mad.

Although, survival skills are something that pique my interest. Though I'm more interested in wilderness survival, than say, urban/suburban survival.

Great advice. Foot powder for sure. Like I said tho.. I'm not broke and have money saved. Plus 1k unemployment checks for 8 or 9 more months.

And.. of my clothes fall.appart I go to the thrift shop and buy 2 more 2 dollars shirts. I guess

I have a considerable amount in savings and stock for the area I live in and receive some monthly compilations for disabilities connected to military service. I often think about doing this.

You're going to starve, get arrested, and live under the threat of constant violence from the rest of the homeless population whose territory you are invading. Go to North Dakota and work in the oil fields or the pipeline.

San Antonio Texas is a good place . They are lax on homeless people. Good for weather too. Can get fucking hot though In The summer
Pic related. Been homeless for years

Nobody says that...

Direct deposit.

And yeah that video blog is a shitty idea. But it's for me. Later.

Definitely, great ideas

Stupidity at its best. Get a fucking job and grow up.

youtube.com/watch?v=b2zGFXaPn0o

This lifestyle is starting to sound almost masochistic

Yeah, I don't really plan to hit downtown cities. I'm from northern Canada so I've grown up outdoors. Plus survival classes and stuff. I'm ok, but not fucking bear Grill's or anything.

Even when I have a job I am (90%) homeless. I don't like the government and people.

I didn't realize homeless people had their own territorial scuffs.

I'm pretty sure it's tougher than most people imagine it. I've heard of drifters getting mugged and even stabbed just for a couple of dollars and their mobile phone. Depends on where you're from, of course, but if you're homeless people will likely not really care if you get beat up and all your stuff is gone, so that is always a risk.

I have money.....

Whats the channel link youd be uploading stuff to? Also i always wanted to be homeless

Why. We live once. I worked Ina fucking office for 7 years.

I'm over it.

They don't. Not really. That's a movie bull shit thing. And there are plenty of places to sleep . I've only had one tun in ad I told them to fuck off and they did

Yeah that's the scary part. I do plan to stay away from others. Camp outside cities and towns. Rural bush area.

Not to sound too harsh or anything, but as long as you don't die anytime soon, you'll only gain more experience in whatever you do. So after you've set out, you'll be a Lvl 70 Drifter with full tattered epics in no time

Not ready yet. Will be here regularly to update and will link my channel whenever asked.

But you want a lifestyle change? That seems like a pretty big change. You will be forced to work very long hours, probably seven days a week if you are willing, in a very dangerous and extreme environment.

Thx

Good luck, OP. I think you're going to find the drifter/homeless life much more difficult than you're imagining. But at least you're trying to think it through and you have some money to sustain you.

I'd recommend hitch-hiking to Asheville, NC. It's a beautiful small city surrounded by mountains on three sides. And it's fairly liberal with lots of dirty hippies, so people will generally be nice to you. And it's not overloaded with mean homeless people like on the west coast.

Another bonus: You can hike the Appalachian Trail, and meet lots of cool people with similar outlooks such as yourself.

This. I spent a while hitchhiking just a few months ago. I did well, had some of the best times in my life. I was in downtown Atlanta with a girl from the bus the night of the Superbowl. People invited me into their homes for meals and shelter. But outside of that it is hours of constant weariness from looking ahead and keeping yourself going/productive. Do not underestimate the mental toll, I consider myself to be very strong minded but it wears you down faster than you'd ever believe

̶C̶a̶n̶a̶d̶i̶a̶n̶ Scottish

Im with you man i hope to do this when i have enough money to fly somewhere else than the us

I'm not scared to die. Not in a macho way or some bullshit but I mean, I could have a brain aneurysm right now. Or get hit by a car.

I live an active lifestyle as it is. I don't think I'm increasing my chances of dying too much. Maybe increasing my chances of getting hobo shived but that's it.

Kill yourself you bottom feeding teenage leech

Just remember OP. You have all this time to plan BEFORE starting. But as a drifter hobo, there will be a lot of times where you'll have to be more spontaneous about solving life problems.

Headline: Trustafarian wants to make parents further regret having paid for uni by being a bum for 8 months.

I've though of dropping out of the rat race too but the environment here is too brutal to just disappear into the wilderness. Hope it goes well for you, some of the best artists were homeless.

knives, pepperspray, a can of gasoline,

take creamy logs with you

@Y0urDad

go get yourself a vandel proof tap handle/key

lots of taps in cities dont have handles, get one.

Niice.

Thanks man, screenshot that for something to think about

Grab a longboard for transportation

You got all you need, just go OP, the world isnt as dangerous as most people make it out to be. They´re deluded by the constant fear the media tries to keep us under, dont quit when it gets hard, sit through those rainy nights in shitty cities, when you´re hungry and cold, longing for the warmth of a bed and a meal in your belly, thats when you grow harder as a person, and thats how you really learn how to deal with all of your problems in life, just harden the fuck up.

If I were you I'd go north in Canada
You should get a fishing rod and some hooks and shit. You should also get a shotgun/rifle for hunting. You can live off the land almost indefinitely. I've done this several times in Norway for months at a time.

Yeah. That really worries me too. I feel strong minded but haven't been tested to this degree.

I'm well rounded and genuinely happy. Just bored as shit.

Or go to new paltz ny its a small hippie town with a lot of drifters and its closer than NC

how tf are you gonna survive out there without andy's creamy logs

I'm 30.

This is very much truth .

>1k unemployment checks every 2 weeks
Im immigrating to canada.

Definitely, that's part of the draw tho.

I'm bored.

Couldn't becoming a drifter be a good means of traveling & saving money if you receive mental disability checks every month? Won't have to pay bills & rent anymore, so just save every penny, use it to feed yourself when you absolutely must. But otherwise, live the hobolife.

Seriously, I could live pretty well on 2k a month unemployment. I don't even qualify for unemployment in the US right now despite working full time for the last 4 years.

I like to write.

A few creative writing classes and 1 published short story. Maybe I'll document this.

A can of gasoline?

Go for it dude! Write the next great Canadian novel about your hobo travels and thank Sup Forums when you do.

it will be like Into the WIld except instead of poison berries or whatever it will be horny hobos. Think this through, son. Sitting out in the rain with a can full of pennies and a stomach full of vagrant cum, wondering why you eschewed the simple creature comforts of modern living

You got all i could see you needing but i would recommend going out and buying some pain killers from a drug dealer because gettin hurt bady in the woods is not fun and not being able to help yourself because of the pain will kill you. Pop the pain killers and work on your first aid and try to get to a hospital. (15mg oxycodone, 20mg hydrocodone, 10mg morphine, 60mg codiene) these are the recommended doses for someone in alot of pain and dont have a tolerance.

Well. On the first few days. It will be fun. Thats when you are like yeah. But slowly your clothes get wheathered gets cold. Id recommend switching your sleeping pattern if its cold. Walk around do things at night. Sleep in the day when its warm. ( only when u have nowt planned) also. Dont talk to anyone about money! Dont get stuck! Maintain your dignity. If you destroy that e.g begging. Theres no coming back. Its all about your enjoyment. Dont trust friendly people. Really! They want something. Add some condoms to that coz you will only be getting tramp pussy. Or some with some serious esteem issues.

idk man if a book's dedication page thanked the chan I would probably throw the book out the window

Smart.

That's probably a good point. Maybe just reference us somewhere in a chapter

Sounds good. That's the plan.

That is the most retarded shit I've ever heard. Most likely from a brain dead ratrace running faggot who hates his life

Also in a pinch you could sell/trade them to other hobos for stuff. Also makes you a target though if people know you have drugs.

I'm here. North. I forgot to mention that I am taking a rod and stuff to fish.

But winter is too harsh. I need to go south. -30 celcius and I'm dead. It's not an option.

I hope you do, user. This thread's inspiring me. And brings me to a philisophical question.

Why do some people draw inspiration from the monetarily rich, while others draw inspiration from the monetarily poor? I think the monetarily poor have real life down, because they understand that less is more.

If you haven't yet, I recommend looking up some youtube's on Alan Watts, learning a bit off him before setting out on your adventures.

W
Hat is that?

I'm had a pretty good job. Laid off due to closure tho.

Exactly my plan. Save everything. See what happens.

Allergic to morphine. Codeine is fine tho for so.e reason

Become a badass motherfuckin hobo carrying around drugs then.

Nah he should only keep a little and he should just keep it in a bottle of asprin or whatever, just dont say shit and use it as it is prescribed. Sup Forums doctor says he should not treat it any different than a super advil. If he thinks that he would have a good time taking those to get high his pan handling would take alot longer to support the habit.

just make the last page a trollface and the text that reads "problem?" on the bottom, then a long greentext tipping his fedora to is Sup Forumsros on the chan

what's going to happen to your sex life? are you going to try and fuck other homeless women/men and put yourself at a much higher risk of STDs? Do you plan on becoming a rapist? Just forcing yourself on any woman/man you find alone, then drifting to the next town? Or perhaps you plan on giving up on sex and jerking off forever? Which is it, OP?

I haven't but I will check it out

It's a device that converts heat into electricity.

Wow, codeine metabolizes into morphine maybe it is some reaction in the stomach but in all honesty i would recommend hydrocodone or oxycodone over morphine and codiene. They cause less hallucinations and offer a better effect.

What would I type on Amazon to find that?