Why Nerds Are So Sexist

broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/why-nerds-are-so-sexist?utm_source=vicefbuk

>"According to Bridges, nerds are simultaneously emasculated and aggressive. "Nerds are, as a cultural 'type,' emasculated," he explained. "But it's also true that there is a lot of toxic masculine behaviors in nerd cultures. Think about it: #GamerGate happened among the nerds, not the jocks."

>"Sometimes, Pascoe said, men who fail to conform to the traditional definition of masculinity transfer their failure onto people who are deemed culturally inferior to themselves. These groups of men often participate in homophobic, sexist, transphobic "practices in fandom cultures," Pascoe added. "In fandom cultures—where men who have been denied traditional routes to stereotypical masculinity congregate—increasing equality and visibility for women and queer people and characters threatens a sphere that these men see as being the one place where they can be dominant, where they can be recognized as masculine."

Well, you bunch of fucking faggots, you're all emasculated KHV losers, regressing into a fantasy world because you were never popular in school, didn't play sports, and never got the girl. That's why you hate women Sup Forums, according to this man-hating social justice rag

This article implies that "jocks" aren't sexist or racist. I can guarantee you that it's not true.

What the fuck is up with the liberal obsession with high school and the 1950s?

And the endless psychoanalysis

You know what bothers me a lot more about Rogue One than the lead actress?

>We're the rebellion aren't we? I rebel!

Fuck, is it so much to ask for a military protagonist who doesn't hate the military? What is it with the fantasy of being a member of the military but hating the chain of command?

Black Hawk Down best kino of my life

From nerds aren't sexy to nerds are sexy, and now to nerds are sexist. What will be the next evolutionary step of the nerd?

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums BTFO
How will they ever recover?

"Power" without responsibility.

SJW culture is pure cancer. Thanks USA.

>Male nerds have been appropriating female culture throughout herstory

>Nerd Culture is a serious problem for women and gay people
>Islam is fine though
>:^)

>"If Star Wars is canon to 20th century nerds, then the Matrix series is that to nerds of the 21st. Perhaps unsurprisingly, so-called men's rights activists (MRAs) self-identify with "the red pill," a term pulled from the Matrix mythos. It references a scene in the first Matrix movie, in which the protagonist is given two choices: to consume one pill, "the blue pill," which will allow him to continue living somewhat happily in a false reality, or to swallow "the red pill" and realize that he has been living in an elaborate lie. To "red pillers," the real-life equivalent of swallowing the red pill is coming to the realization that we live in a society in which men—not women—are systemically disenfranchised.

>"However, the sibling creators of these beloved films, have both abandoned manhood since the release of the Matrix trilogy and chosen to live their lives as their true selves: women. They now go by Lana and Lilly Wachowski. "There's a critical eye being cast back on Lana and I's work through the lens of our transness. This is a cool thing," Lilly recently said as she accepted a GLAAD Media Award for Sense8, a new series by herself and her sister. "It's an excellent reminder that art is never static."

Well they're right about one thing. It makes me happy to know how this must infuriate Sup Forums literally on suicide watch

You'll have to wait for the pro-Empire movie to be made for that one.

It will never happen and you know it.

There was some article recently saying "fandom" only exists because of female Star Trek fans in the 60s.

I just realised that the Warchowski's transition sort of symbolises the change in times in general.
It's amazing how different the world is now compared to the early 00s.
Really makes you think.

No it doesn't. Your reading comprehension is shit.

Why do redditors insist on spewing their manhating feminazi bullshit all over Sup Forums?

They keep reiterating the same tired argument, but what has it gotten them? No one outside of a handful of hipsters in each urban center gives a shit. They keep crying about "evil manbabies" and wonder why no one is listening anymore.

It's evident at least in the US right now that the country is no longer their playground, if it ever really was to begin with. Most of that is due to wheel-spinning trash articles like this. No one cares anymore that you think you're better than everyone and "above it." You've accomplished exactly fuck all, save for some pathetic instances of immediacy where you "riled up the wite foke." Yeah, real long-view fucking strategy guys. Remember that when people who are not you are eating your lunch this time next year.

People are just going to keep pushing the "all nerds are misogynists" narrative, aren't they?
Not like this sort of thing is new, though. People have a real hard-on for demonizing anyone or anything they perceive to be nerdy or geeky. So it's probably best to just ignore this kind of stupid crap.

eww?

So which one commits suicide first?

Thats 100% on point, hilariously so that pretty much make you NERDS worth some pity...guess what you aren't going to get even that.
Time to pack up and hit the gym.
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS!!!

Translation: Gamergate rekt us so fucking hard we're still crying about it how fucking DARE you speak back to us!

>SJWs still triggered by gamergate

lel

>military war movie made like the classics staring storm troopers and the glorious empire

Better that than rebel scum.

the irony is they met GG more than halfway into getting GG as relevant as it got. Their arrogance took precedence over common sense.

No, it says that Nerds™ are the problem. As usual they can't fathom that perhaps it isn't just Nerds™ who are against them.

>number of articles liberals have written whining about Gamergate, a giant "hate campaign" which hasn't resulted in a single real world assault ever
>80 billion
>number of articles liberals have written whining about Islam, a religion of peace that enslaves women and kills gays (also kills people at random)
>zero

>"This is sad because men need feminism, too. "Increasing gender and sexual equality is good for men, because that sort of equality means that the way we socialize men to be unemotional, heterosexual, and dominant has to change," Pascoe explained, adding that men are not considered fully human in our society unless they force themselves into that ill-fitting box of masculinity. "While MRAs call for a reassertion of a stereotypically homophobic, sexist, and transphobic masculinity, those of us who care about gender and sexual equality would suggest that perhaps increasing inclusion and visibility of women, trans folk, and LGBQ folk in fandom communities will result in less damaging gender socialization for everyone—men included—and will help to change the way in which nerds themselves are placed on the bottom rung of some masculinity hierarchy"

But it's okay, being a nerd is just another poor faction of society that is disenfranchised and disempowered. We, the sanctimonious SJW elite will rescue you from your own ignorance.

I think that goes to show how much we care about stupid crap like this instead of real issues in the world.

You can insult straight white males but brown guys are off limits

I'm more disgusted with "her" hair than with ""her"" being a """"her""""

As i see the situation, everybody involved is a 'nerd' going by the definition that a nerd is a emotional stunted cuck that is exiled by the society at large and takes solace in this made up world of capeshit movies, comicbooks or terrible writen children fiction about magical britbongs.
What i'm saying its pretty much that SJWs and GG are waste of space faggots that if tomorrow were all to die out, no one in the real world would care.

To be fair, there are countless articles bashing Islam written by liberals before around 2007ish. And even in the modern day, once you realise most academics are liberals and look, you'll find there are a lot of academic criticising it too
>but that would require you to read academic articles

The audacity of these moralists.

the Wachowski brothers are both trans? ha what i didnt know that

im gonna shit in your mouth and make you swallow it

Wachowski sisters, shitlord!
If you don't call them girls, I will find your twitter and unleash the hounds and won't fucking stop until you're fired from job, publicly ostracised and begging for forgiveness!

Damn fucking right. "Nerd™" culture is all pervasive that there is no real subculture that operates as something other than the mainstream. It's all been subsumed into the greater capitalist machine, extending into into the very way you define yourself and your persona. This is nothing new of course. But who does that leave left? Places like Sup Forums, for all their shitposting waste of life mouthbreathers, does offer a sort of sanctuary for a counterculture and free expression of ideas that are unmediated by the virtue of the anonymity.

>The shitposting is, in fact, our rebel culture of free expression.

I don't know if I should feel pathetic at this notion.

Feminists and SJWs are harassing nerds, not jocks. Probably because nerds are an easy target and feminists actually want to fuck the jocks.
So it's unsurprising that nerds would be the one to push back against their bullshit.

Not very hard to understand.

>men who fail to conform to the traditional definition of masculinity transfer their failure onto people who are deemed culturally inferior to themselves

Nerd and fandom culture were inclusive as fuck until SJWs showed up and turned it into a battlefield.

>Probably because nerds are an easy target and feminists actually want to fuck the jocks.
Interesting
Is this why women don't call out the constant misogyny in rap?

Nah. It's just the most people, be it men or women are terrible at writing female characters. They almost always try to make them strong, smart and without flaw.

>this is what SJWs actually believe

>all SJWs have identical opinions and there is no in-fighting
I hear Joss Whedon's doing pretty great lately...

>vice.com

>caring what normies think

I think most of them are cultural relativists and believe you're only allowed to criticize your own culture.

It's also why they don't give a shit about Islamic misogyny.

He's a white male. That can never be forgiven.

Wow so you're telling me that because literally everyone else in life is shit and let me down and wasn't there for me is the reason I'm fucked up??
No way, you're saying that because bad shit happened and nothing good ever happened I'm unhappy? Damn bro, that's crazy. Fuck this shitty world and life literally none of it's worth a fuck.

Threadly reminder that SJWs aren't wrong, they're just assholes.

>Vice

Shouldn't have even bothered.

>SJW's demand to be included into nerd culture, demand to be called nerds, say LE NERDY GIRL I AM RITE GUYZ?! While at the same time calling nerds and nerd culture evil and offensive

>sociologist, gender scholar, and masculinity-expert

But they're consistently wrong on many subjects and every time someone points that out, they act like children and go into huge tantrums.