The fastest ever recorded pitch by a woman was 60mph

>The fastest ever recorded pitch by a woman was 60mph.

So, tell me how this show is even a thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/fastest-baseball-pitch-(female)/
theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html
nesn.com/2014/01/u-s-womens-olympic-hockey-team-preparing-for-sochi-games-by-playing-boys-high-school-teams-in-new-england/
youtube.com/watch?v=LpVgOcil944
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why are you such a racist misogynist

she'll fit right in on the padres

Because I can be.

It's funny because it's exactly the same plot as pic related only without the explanation of how she actually manages to throw that hard.

>So, tell me how this show is even a thing.
Canceled mid season

more like bitch amirite fellas

Was it? I didn't know. Still, the fact that it even got greenlit shows some sort of lack of forethought.

I can't believe somebody posted this before me kek

Reminds me of that one Futurama episode.

Pro pitchers don't just magically pitch as fast as they do, they're trained, intensely, and have gotten faster over the years as the science of training has gotten better. Women pitchers in softball aren't trained to pitch so fast, they use different styles for different expectations. Do you really think that women biologically max out with a sixty MPH pitch? That they cannot possibly be trained to pitch at a comparable level as men?

She's black, everybody knows when it comes to athletics black people are amazing

Given strength differences and motor skill differences, it's unlikely that a female would be able to pitch as fast as her male counterpart.

tfw the average guy could throw at least 60 in their teens

> Do you really think that women biologically max out with a sixty MPH pitch? That they cannot possibly be trained to pitch at a comparable level as men?
Yes actually. Plenty of girls grow up playing little league baseball, they simply can't compete by the time the boys get to puberty. Women actually don't have the physiological motion to execute a pitch like a man can. Same reason why even 6'7" behemoths like Brittany Griner can barely dunk a basketball when Spud Webb, who was 5'7" won a slam dunk contest in the NBA.

MAYBE it would be believable if a girl was a position player, but even then they just don't have the arm strength to make it on a single-A team

>sexual dimorphism don't real

You're right, it's the patriarchy brainwashing women that they can't pitch as fast as men to protect the fragile male ego.

indulging the show, she can have great control of the ball, and for guys who are used to the ball coming at them at 80+ miles per hour, a slow ball can be jarring...which is why pitchers throw them from time to time.

>exactly the same plot
except it's not. The kid threw as fast if not faster than the adult pitchers because of a surgery. In the promos for the show, they explicitly address taht she can't throw hard.

>That they cannot possibly be trained to pitch at a comparable level as men?
they can't. Doesn't matter if they throw it underhand or overhand, no woman will ever be able to pitch a ball overhand faster than at most 70mph.

Because it's 2016 gentleman.

So female Olympic powerlifters can lift just as much as male Olympic powerlifters?

Fuck outta here

Oh please

If they made a movie about a guy who could throw 120 mph you wouldn't question it one bit

why would she pitch against men if she wasn't trained to pitch against men?

since there are no women pitchers, let's compare something similar that both men and women do: tennis serve. If what you're implying is correct, there should be women that have served as fast as men... The fastest woman barely hit 130mph. Men hit up to 160mph. On wikipedia, 54 men on a list, and the lowest one doesn't even go below 140

i think its a fictional show

he would have to be a pretty big guy

because that's in the realm of the possible.

uh, racist and sexist much?

inb4 she turns out to be trans

>all these people falling for this obvious bait

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

>The fastest ever recorded pitch by a woman was 60mph

Why didn't they make a show about this heroine instead?

guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/fastest-baseball-pitch-(female)/

he rounded DOWN though.

I'd find it more believable if it was someone with the body type of serena williams. Instead its just some skinny girl thats barely toned. What would be just as bad is if shes a starter instead of just some meme reliever sent in at the 8th

I think your thinking of the futurama episode

GARDENHOSER, GET IN THERE

pitchers aren't jacked though...

they're not rail thin like the OP either

There are thin pitchers m80

Thin male pitchers m80

Any chance the show won't have a thinly veiled John Rocker character?

By being fantasy.

>using safathia as an example
mate

There will probably be an entire team of John Rockers that play in a stadium full of John Rockers

>ever recorded

thats because the true elite female pitchers were low key and didnt want to be famous, but in the moonlight they threw hard and fast, torching mitts

No shit m800

Don't bring your male driven logic into this, shitlord.

>I'd find it more believable if it was someone with the body type of serena williams
Serena got her ass beat by the 203rd ranked men's player in the world, and the guy who beat her was drunk when he did it

theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html

The #1 ranked womens NCAA team, who basically goes undefeated each year, who wins the NCAA championship every year....

practices against D1A High Scool boys...

And these women get absolutely OWNED by the HS boys every day.

>Comparing a tongue on cheek comedy to a drama
It's funny because that was the point, be funny non realistic scenario of a kid with superpowers.

And it's the only way the Cubs could win it all

They can, the problem is that their weights are loaded with the patriarchy so they can't lift as much as males due that extra weight

U.S. Olympic Women’s Hockey Team Preparing for Sochi Games by Playing High School Boys Teams in New England (Video)

Read more at: nesn.com/2014/01/u-s-womens-olympic-hockey-team-preparing-for-sochi-games-by-playing-boys-high-school-teams-in-new-england/

"This is embarrassing" - US Women's Olympic coach after a 7 -1 loss to the high school boys.

Dub dubs for truth

>Olympic powerlifter

>watch the Williams sisters get BTFO at tennis by some rank #100 guy

>Female Socceroos team get BTFO by a bunch of teen amateurs

N-n-no it's all lies, a girl could definitely be trained to throw as well as men!!

If I was on that women's Olympic team, and had an ounce of pride, I'd probably commit soduku

>this triggers the fatty

underrated post

weightlifter, not powerlifter.

Did you know male weightlifters only have to lift 77 % of the weight a female lifter has to to win medals?

Yes. The joke is that Olympic weightlifters, and powerlifters are fat fucks

A TRUE STORY WAITING TO HAPPEN

the point is that there is no such thing as olympic powerlifting, it's olympic weightlifting.

I don't doubt one day, some post op trannies will make his way into pro sports and be classified as "women."

Can just imagine the feminists confusion & butthurt then lol

I know. But only fatty PLs or OWGs know this, generally

is this one of those "pretending to be retarded" scenarios

Fatty boom boom

Damn, she's a qt

Mark Paul Gosselaar was on Rich Eisen this morning and was saying that MLB was adamant about the show being realistic in order to get MLB's blessing. Here's the interview.

youtube.com/watch?v=LpVgOcil944

How will she react when the players slap her ass? It's pretty common in baseball

user, it's a tv show. They are not 100 percent realistic all the time.

This is literally the equivalent of a man regularly jumping INTO helicopters 25 feet off the group.
There is only so much I can suspend my disbelief for without bringing super powers into things.

They are literally billing it as "a true story"

Actaully the fastest fastball was 69 MPH by a woman.

If a woman was ever going to pitch in the MLB she would need to be a knuckle ball pitcher but i don't think she would have the arm strength and it would float and not move enough.

>How will she react when the players slap her ass? It's pretty common in baseball

She'll lecture the baseball player about what a privileged CIS misogynist he is and by the end of the episode, he'll realize how wrong he is and apologize to this strongk blyk womyn.

Just like in real life.

I love how the fact she was 16 at the time always gets overlooked.

what about the team showers?

>Just like in real life.

kek

Why don't we settle this once and for all and forcefully integrate every sport; especially the violent ones. Can't wait for boxing.

No theyre not. Stop being a dumb faggot for once in your life.

Non-baseball watcher here.

How far back is the pitchers mound in softball compared to MLB?

>She'll lecture the baseball player about what a privileged CIS misogynist he is and by the end of the episode, he'll realize how wrong he is and apologize to this strongk blyk womyn.

This is pretty much going to be the theme of every fucking episode isn't it?

Who the fuck in the world would watch this shit?

>Zach Morris is doing this instead of a Saved by the Bell reunion season/movie which would guarantee print money in these 90's nostalgia-tinted days

Fuck this.

>Do you really think that women biologically max out with a sixty MPH pitch? That they cannot possibly be trained to pitch at a comparable level as men?
yes

im actually kind of interested in how they portray the latino players. by most accounts they just stick to themselves in the locker rooms.

will they be big bad misogynists or will they be the first to welcome her? will they be portrayed at all?

They're gonna try and do a Jackie Robinson type of thing with her where everyone starts off booing her and giving her shit. She faces discrimination both on and off the field, but then she proves them wrong and almost leads her team to a championship.

It's frankly insulting.

Dude, watch the clip. He hates being asked about SBTB.

Feminists don't hate brown mysogynists white boy. .

When shitskins are mysogynists, it's just a part of their "culture" and turns white women on...

These women are the best female football players in their countries.
Cream of the crop.

She's special and also a fictional character.

did you even watch the trailer, kiddo?

Underrated post

So is she solving crimes or something? Does Fox even let any show on prime time that isn't a cop drama?

>the blonde behind her throwing her hands to her face in embarrassment

No I didnt, but I watched an interview with Mark Paul Gosselar. Link me to something that says its based on a true story.

>When shitskins are mysogynists, it's just a part of their "culture" and turns white women on...

This fucking double standard is infuriating to no end.

They might as well just leave out "misogyny" as an excuse and just say "I don't like whites."

its nice to watch two players run into each other and not act like they were shot at least

>germany vs sweden