Which is your personal favorite? why?

which is your personal favorite? why?

Loveless, not even a competition, with Souvlaki coming in 2nd.

None of those thats for sure

Loveless is miles better than both and Souvlaki is great so that's saying something.

souvlaki. feels more cohesive and meaningful for some reason.

Nowhere because Seagull

All three are great (obviously), but I prefer Loveless. It's the most ambitious, the broadest in scope, the most cohesive, and the most unique. Nothing sounds like that album.
Nowhere has some of the best songwriting of the three, but it's not as cohesive and there's a clear difference in quality between some of the tracks.
Souvlaki is enticing at first, but for some reason its aesthetic wears on me. I still come back to it, but not as often as the other two.

What's the name of the last album?

Goddamit,i hate albums that don't tell their names on the cover.

Ride blows

ride - nowhere

Ride-Nowhere

Loveless because souvlaki and nowhere sound like shit

what makes you say that?

Thanks

Loveless > Souvlaki > > > > STUPID FUCKING BRITPOP ALBUM THAT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN THIS CONVERSATION GOSH DAMN THIS MEME NEEDS TO STOP N O W

I don't like it near as much as the other two and I can't understand why it's always mentioned as one of the best shoegaze albums

ride is just distorted britpop, fuck that. loveless by a mile.

You shush

Souvlaki>Loveless>Nowhere

Fucking this, how people can enjoy britpop is beyond me. Could you fags at least explain yourselves?

This

Also
>muh Ride is britpop
kys

Listen to Pulp. Also Oasis's first two albums are both undeniably classics.

Nowhere

Patrician answer is Going Blank Again

souvlaki > loveless > nowhere

Easily Loveless is the best. However, I've been bumping Nowhere a fuck ton the past month

souvlaki because its actually listenable unlike loveless which is just an incomprehensible load of over-tremolo'd bullshit and nowhere is just complete garbage

MBV > Slowdive >>> Ride

Loveless > Souvlaki > Nowhere

Loveless' consistent sense of mood and texture put it far past the other 2 IMO, though in each of their best moments they do rival Loveless. If Loveless is a 10, those albums are like 8s, though I do find Souvlaki to be a bit more consistently enjoyable than Nowhere. Most of Lush's output do more for me than either of them in all honesty.

Helps in Nowhere's case that it predates both albums.

I like souvlaki because it has those electronic bits in it. Also the songwriting is more varied than loveless. loveless sounds a little better tho, in terms of production.

Nowhere, honestly. Now, while I like shoegaze, I feel that they explore interesting textures but never really do anything with it. For some people that is ok, for me, I prefer shoegaze's ability to create texture to be used in the song to enhance it and create a sense of dynamics rather than be the sole thing.

I like Curve better than any of those.

You must be an utter pleb to dislike Nowhere

Dreams Burn Down is one of the greatest things ever

Nowhere is the best by far what is wrong with this board, do they not like it because its more accessible? Maybe that's why I like who knows

Loveless > Nowhere > Souvlaki

Vapour Trail is incredible

Best song in that album is Vapour Trail desu.

Understandable, shoegaze as a whole could stand to do better in emphasizing songcraft.

Agreed on Dreams Burn Down, dem fucking drums mang.