ITT: Albums that have aged like milk

most of his discography tbqh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8
youtube.com/watch?v=PLolag3YSYU
youtube.com/watch?v=6JnGBs88sL0
youtu.be/U5rLz5AZBIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Every hip hop album in existence. (Except most Beastie Boys albums)

illmatic tho

Because they already felt old when they came out? (I like them)

Not that good to start with.

Straight outta compton tho

187th um Killa > Straight outta compton

The only hip hop albums that aged well are Funcrusher Plus and Low End Theory

Any hip hop with a gimick is never going to last. Like mumble rap is never going to last even for the people that enjoy it. Maybe future and young thug might last.

for such a "muh nostalgia" album it certainly feels like its chasing the fleeting sounds of 2012-2013 edm way too much

gotta disagree here, after being disappointed by Everything Now, I listened to Reflektor again and it still holds up, I may get shit for this, but it is an amazing album

I agree but no one else does REEEEEEEE

The production has definitely aged but the rhyming is airtight.

this. the production isnt really at the forefront anyway tho. the rhymes, his hunger and depression are the highlights. it holds up really well. em never topped SSLP

This shit sounds old already

One of the most overrated albums in rap history. Literally 3 good songs.

you better believe imma be blasting some slime shit ten years from now

Most turn-of-the-decade indie has a very distinct sound to it that is beginning to become worse for wear. Think of Toro Y Moi's Freaking Out EP or MGMT's work around 2010. I guess the best way to describe it would be vaguely psychedelic synthpop.

Aged just fine

20 years laters and its still gud

It is an amazing album. Reflektor is an amazing tune as well.

It's the sound of a man pushing 50 orchestrating a pop record chasing 2017 trends to appeal to his daughter's tastes. Yeah, not really surprising. Funny how Sleeping Powder sounds like a fine synthesis of the spirit of S/T and a distorted take on Plastic Beach's sound. Definitely should've been the direction taken for the record.

>The production has definitely aged but the rhyming is airtight.
This is literally the objective truth for every Eminem album regardless of personal preference.

Lol

Majority of it sounds painfully dated

I thoughts this was so good back in 2001. I never listen to this anymore.

Any top 40 pop song from 2004-2013. Seriously, go back and listen to that stuff. Even if things haven't shifted THAT much stylistically, the engineering and production have gotten way better

>dated
How? It's the embodiment of 90's hip hop. Still 100 times better than the "hip hop" we have today.

I think the album's alright but I feel like the glut of strokes imitators ruined the sound, not to mention a slew of mediocre followups (post room on fire)

Especially the first track. It would be good if they didn't have that hook.

The Marshall Mathers LP definitely aged much worse.
Really? I mean it's not a perfect album but it doesn't really sound like one from 1998. It honestly sounds like it could've come out any time.
Aged fine. The New Workout Plan and Slow Jamz maybe aged poorly but I don't see why you would say that.

considering that dave had recorded the entire album by himself in a week or two, the album still has some gems, like this is a call, big me, ill stick around and exhausted.

examples?
Like this? youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8

youtube.com/watch?v=PLolag3YSYU

don't you understand hip hop ages more quickly because the genre is relatively young in addition to many of its artists relying on gimmicks

I don't understand why I can't enjoy this album. Everyone calls it a classic but it's so directionless. There are so many obvious single tracks and mid 90's clitches I don't know why their first album is so good but they never managed to hit that note again.

+1

youtube.com/watch?v=6JnGBs88sL0

aged pretty well as well t b h

Anything this guy produces in any year.

Is Nelly Furtado the most irrelevant artist ever? seriously, who the fuck has even heard the name "Nelly Furtado" in the last 10 years? Pic related is the only thing I remember regarding her, even back then I don't recall her being that popular (Her music is good tho, not denying that)

The album is great, the bands that were inspired by it kind of ruined that the strokes aura

Timbaland produced a few decent songs for her, she isn't anything special herself

Em's music is still essential /fit/core, I don't listen to him often but whenever I hit the gym his and Ken Kaniff's albums are on my workout playlist

What the fuck were we thinking?
youtu.be/U5rLz5AZBIA
Timbaland is still amazing though

It's fucking boring.

Only about 3-4 songs have saved badly. The rest still holds up

>most of his discography tbqh
"No"

*aged

If they cut that album in half it'd be a classic.

There's too much filler and it's just too fucking long. Plus has some of the worst tracks in Wu-Tang history.

Here's what the tracklist should've been.

Songs like Dog Shit and The City can be placed on ODB's and Deck's respective solo albums that came out a few years later.

Who imitated the strokes? The worst offenders