Hey Sup Forums;

hey Sup Forums;
I have no idea in how to start to keyboards/midi controllers. I'm tempted to get the v mini. What should I do? How may I study and you know, do music?
Also keyboard/midi controller thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01MFFW3NU?psc=1
amazon.com/Casio-LK175-PPK-Keyboard-Headphones/dp/B00MZCEPP2/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1501746716&sr=1-1&keywords=casio light up keyboard)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not getting superior akai mpk mini

get a proper fucking keyboard fuck those tiny little things

I'm going to get a akai ewi usb have you tried that?

should i get a keyboard that has no computer connection or a midi controller then?

Some guy i know is happy with it, never tried it tho

Most keyboards have midi output. Many modern ones even have USB.

Which genre do you want to play? Do you know how to play the piano or will you learn with it?

Personally, I regretted going for a 49-key to begin with, should have gone 25 or 32.

YMMV depending on the size of your work space and how much money you can spend on keyboard stands and the like. For a minimal setup, a large keyboard sucked.

If you wanna make beets as a producer get a 25 key, if you want to learn the instrument then you want at learn at least 49 keys.

This is because if you are entering in simple synth patterns you only really need two octaves, how ever if you are playing the keyboard you want to be able to use both your hands and or switch between low and high notes quickly.

If you want to play piano buy a standard 61-key keyboard bundle online that comes with a stool and stand. Usually these days they do come with USB capability that can do MIDI. That's the most bang for your buck option if you're trying to get started though you won't get the pitch and modulation wheels. Don't worry about having to get an expensive 88-key weighted keys that people will harp on you just yet.

Getting a 25-key MIDI controller might not be enough growth for learning at the start (too few keys, though most likely helpful for mobile use as you move up). The knobs may be useful for your softsynth for exploring sounds when properly setup and the pads for percussive uses.

Check out the program Caustic for goofing around with your keyboard first and look into DAWs, VSTs and the MIDI protocol when you feel like getting a fancy MIDI controller.

not mini ones tho. casio sa 78 for instance.

Get one you think will be good for you but keep in mind that you can sell / trade these things if you decide you want something else once you get to know it a little better

amazon.com/dp/B01MFFW3NU?psc=1

do you think this one is good enough?

The country I live in sucks for trades and sells really. I'd rather this to be a one-time purchase.
>61-key keyboard bundle
does casio ctk 1500 classify as one? does it have usb connection?

I want to try putting it through zynaddsubfx which I read somewhere works... from what I've seen on youtube it seems good though literally any sound

anyhow, guys what is the best way to use a guitar as a midi controller you know of?

>ctk 1500
no usb, no midi.

>do you think this one is good enough?
I don't know, the reviews don't seem to be in favor for it. But if the midi works at least it should be good enough (but there was a review that claim problems with the midi)

>does casio ctk 1500 classify as one? does it have usb connection?
I just looked it up and that one doesn't have usb according to its manual. But there is a CTK 2400 bundle that goes for around 130 on Amazon.

My keyboard is a Yamaha EZ-220 with light-up keys. And I'm beginning to have an inclination to agree with about having more than a 25-key MIDI controllers due to some shopper's remorse with my 61-key MIDI controller since I already have a keyboard to practice piano.

>Yamaha EZ-220
would you recommend it? what should i get first, a midi controller or a keyboard to first learn piano?

I would recommend it as it just does the job for me though I noticed Casio has a cheaper option (amazon.com/Casio-LK175-PPK-Keyboard-Headphones/dp/B00MZCEPP2/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1501746716&sr=1-1&keywords=casio light up keyboard)

I would recommend getting a keyboard first for learning piano (most importantly music than the instrument itself, it's easier to map out the notes on the keyboard than a guitar) and maybe dedicating a weekend watching some youtube lessons and grinding, with much chagrin, not even a few scales and chords alongside a Haydn exercise or two with both hands. Use the built-in metronome too. Honky-tonk timbre as well!

op really wants to load wavs into an mpc, you can get them for cheap

Whoops I meant Hanon exercises. Haydn was, what, proto-Bach?

the best and cheapest route is to get a little midi keyboard like that one, or the akai mpk mini II, then go to pianu.com

no DAW or expensive set up required. Or just buy a damn real keyboard

I hate my keyboard, has usb but not midi.