So, my mother has been "convinced" that my father abused us as kids

So, my mother has been "convinced" that my father abused us as kids

never were any proof, just a divorce and alot of claims that we (my siblings) spoke about events that had happend

yet i have zero memory of them and they are very far fetched too.
She shows signs of mani (bipolar) ever since we been kids.

if she is bipolar and gets real treatment, is there a legit possibility she will come out of a possible psykosis and realize she was delusional?
Is there anyway i can find out if she is lying? anyone in similar situation?

it is really starting to take a toll on me, and it just has gotten so dark ive though about suicide so many times, but its the last thing i want my family to go through.

>yet i have zero memory of them and they are very far fetched too.
Stand your ground. You're mother is an obvious mental case. Don't let her fuck you up and destroy the family even further.

Stay strong OP.

Yeah, it kinda what ive been doing. But cant escape the fact that i still want the truth..

any experience with anything similar?

Do you live with your parents? What's the situation? Have they divorced?

its possible to fallout of dillusions but for me at least if there is even a glimmer of evidence to support it just knocks me back in

>divorced when i was a kid

>shared custody was going pretty good at beginning

>living on social welfare right now Scandinavia. Going to study a proffesion soon, to work

i used to live with my mother but had to leave with social service to fostercare bc she never made food or did anything almost but rant to us 24/7 about how fucked up everyone is that is not on her side :/

>If I were you I'd talk her into being seen by a professional so she can get diagnosed

>then fuck out of her life. Cause fuck that noise

100% what i want to do, but i havent really met her, kinda wish i stayed and got her to see help. dont know if i can reach her anymore tbh. Been thinking about making something up to get her to psyc but its gonna be alot worse if i do that.

is that so? are you suffering from delusions?

From what you've said so far it looks like no one would ever believe any allegations your mother makes. People with serious mental health issues are well known for making up bullshit, and often for genuinely convincing themselves this bullshit actually happened.

Feel confident in knowing authorities aren't buying her shit, but are just acting carefully around her because they don't want to trigger her or make things worse.

You've had to deal with some real shit. A mentally disturbed parent is hard core. Just do your best to stay focused, strong, and remember this is nothing to do with you. This is her bizarre journey and you shouldn't have to share the path with her.

Can't offer you anything more than wish you the best. Ive had similar experience with a mother who had issues, but she never made terrible untrue allegations. Either way she was fucking unbearable. I can't even begin to think the shit you've been putting up with.

Feel free to vent.

didnt even think anyone was gonna reply to thread, this means so much to me to actually get some authentic answers

ive never told any of my friends, that ive known since age almost born.

told them that my parents are divorced etc.

constantly get passive shit for not having managed school and failed alof of courses.

thing is ive always looked out for my friends, but ive never told them how bad shit has really gotten.

thing is i never want to be seen as a victim or feel sorry for myself, it has gotten me so many friends by just supressing it all and being the one that always connects people and such.

but recently it has slowly creeped up on me and i feel like people cant relate to this level, and it hurts really bad when people tell me to get my shit together and they dont know how bad you tried but in the end of the day i have no one to come home to exept a fucking basement...

FUCK

feels so good to know that there are people out there in similar situations, knowingly im not alone. will never forget that anyone replied to this thread

You are correct about no one knowing how to relate to this.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to talk to one or two really close friends. Just something like
> my mums really unwell
> nothing I want to go too much into
> but its taking a real toll on me
> had an effect in almost every area especially my academic results
> I value your friendship and have kept this from you
> but I just need to let you know I'm dealing with some real heavy family shit
> just telling you in case you think I'm a little distant or preoccupied
> maybe one day we can talk about it, just don't wanna share atm, nor do I want to burden you

That at least will keep you're friends in the loop without having to share anything. And give you some breathing space so you don't feel like you will lose their support

makes sense, cant leave them out in the dark really that would also really defeat the point in having friends in the first place.

i guess it goes to show also which ones that really are close enought to me. and will support me instead of throwing me off

oh, I see you have real winner for a mother. don't blame mental illness. sluts like this do this shit because they're manipulative whores.

just fucking shoot her. she sounds like a complete waste of oxygen and a monster.

I can't understand why you kept this info to yourself. Not wanting to make a big deal, and yeah, the honest truth is some people can't handle anything too heavy.

If you decide to share, you'll instinctively know who to share with.

What's your relationship with your siblings like?

> I can't understand

Meant to type 'I can understand'
Stupid autocorrect

ive played it out in my head alot, a scenario where is admits it to be a lie. I cant even comprehend what i actually would do tbh, maybe no on that level but probably leaving her forever

brother literally wants my mom to die so this will all end

sister thinks she is a nutcase now days, used to be closer to my mother

our relation is really good, couldnt have asked for better siblings tbh probably would have been dead if it was not for them.

Its good your relationship with your bro and sis remains strong. Keep it that way. Keep the lines of communication open without making it too uncomfortable.

Maybe when you guys are older you can discuss it more openly and maturely.

Being in a Scandinavian country I'm assuming you would have counselling available to you. Would you ever consider that? You could find it really helpful.

>the dad dindu nuffin!

Bumping for OP in case anyone has more to add.

Glad this is helping you. Again, wishing you all the best.

yeah, ive been asked recently. Might actually do it, this time around hopefully i can get something out of me.

well, we can kinda talk openly about it. They are not really that sensitive.

thanks, really meant alot to just hear someone write something back without a filter, feels good to know i did right so far. im going to meet her and make her meet her meet a psykologist hopefully.

thx all

Yeah sometimes Sup Forums can't be helpful. Just the luck of the draw, if you make another thread in 3 hours it might just get trolled. You never know what you are going to get.

Been there OP, divorce drama sucks. Especially when you're a kid caught in the middle of it. Just find something to escape from it that isn't hard drugs. Like getting into music, that helped me get by.