What are the best food related movies?

What are the best food related movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/03/dinner-tonight-jacques-pepins-quick-roasted-chicken-recipe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

onions CANNOT liquefy no matter how thin you slice them, this scene is utter nonsense and contrary to the facts of reality

Babette's feast.

It was garlic, not onions, but you're still correct. The thin shavings just burn and turn to bitter little peels in the pan.

You don't slice them thin enough

Jack's Zany Kitchen Adventure III

Big Night is the only right answer

Actually, if you slice garlic really thin perpendicular to the fibers it does kind of disappear if you heat it up slowly in oil, but it certainly doesn't "liquefy"

Chef was pretty dang good with its depictions of cooking

If you cut anything so thin that it's translucent and then throw it in oil it'll look like it magically vanished.

confirmed for knowing nothing when it comes to cooking gabagooli

gay ass netflix isnt working fucking idiot bitch

I don't even like Sushi but i was still craving it after that movie. Jiro is one of those rare artists who have found their passion and perfected it.

Since I watched Chef last night I'm going to have to go with that. Really made me want a Cubano.

Goodfellas had some great food scenes, although i wouldn't consider it a food movie. That scene where they're cooking pasta sauce all day really stuck with me.

Ratatoiulle is essential foody viewing.

Kiki's delivery service really made me want to grab some freshly baked buns and munch on them.

Clerks 2 had some great food shenanigans. Same with Super Troopers.

Dinner with andre?

Diner

this

I'm sure you dipshits know the difference between spanish garlic and white garlic, right? You've all cooked with it before I assume. So you know about volatiles and roasting the garlic, etc..

>implying spanish aren't white

spanish garlic is purple, dumbass.

your mom is purple

I've never used spanish garlic. Does it have more flavor than regular garlic? What is the difference?

that has to be the worst part of godfellas and it's somehow even more stupid when you hear the lame stories about the circlejerking about the shit sauce recipe

Well personally I love sushi but that restaurant has got to be overrated. The Japanese like to have a masturbation session over old chefs when they younger ones are often objectively superior. Screw Jiro and his sushi dreams. The ground rule on sushi is that it's not as good fresh. Idiots think it is but they don't realize that the freshest fish has almost no flavor and is really tough.

Nobody in Italy uses that kind of garlic for cooking.
Purple onion, yes, purple garlic, you don't even find it in stores

Some scenes from "Eat Drink Man Woman" is usually posted whenever there's a food webm thread. But it's not exactly food related.

Saw the thread had the same thought, came to post it. You beat me to it. Will you be my nemesis?

Jiro dreams of sushi makes me so fucking hungry oh my god.

What are your credentials RE: preparation of food?

I know I'm gonna get shit but there are actually good cooking anime. If you can sift through ridiculous elements there's a lot of informative cooking content there.

It doesn't have the bitterness that you get from white garlic if you undercook or overcook it. It's VERY garlicky and so easy to use. It also lasts longer before it dries out or starts to sprout. It made cooking so much easier for me it's not even funny.

Tampopo

t. Surstromming eater

I went to university in Flavortown.

Thanks for the reply. I love strong garlicky flavors so I will try to find it if I can. I have never seen it in local big chain grocery stores in the US however. I will keep an eye out.

Don't speak for me you fucktard.

I've been catering for over eight years. I'm not expert on sushi as far as preparing it, but I know what tasted better.

You have to absolutely find it. I'm not joking. I got pan paranoid every time I went to fry a garlic dish, but with this shit, it's not even an issue. Bonus recipe for spatchcock chicken:

Piri piri Chicken

2 tbsp McCormicks piri piri blend
3 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Herbes de Provence (thyme or Italian blend may work)
2 tbsp White wine vinegar
1 tsp Salt
4 Garlic Cloves minced/finely chopped (Spanish)

optional:

Liquid piri piri hot sauce to taste (approx. 2tsp)

mix well

Use Jacques Pepin recipe for application instructions and cooking.

>Jaques Pepin

I have a couple of his cookbooks, love that guy. I'll give this a whirl.

Only other thing you need for a perfect bird is a digital thermometer. Stab it into the thickest part of the breast and make sure the bird gets to 165 and stop cooking. It'll be perfectly juicy and wont kill your guests.

thanks mom

seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/03/dinner-tonight-jacques-pepins-quick-roasted-chicken-recipe.html

One day you'll have to learn to take care of yourself. Then you'll actually be an adult, not a twat no one respects.

>I've been catering for over eight years

t. wageslave

t. tendies

Henry Hill is a liar, of course he is he's a scum bag drug dealing fuckup who wasn't clean enough to be in the fucking mafia, but this 'technique' is stupid as shit.

Garlic don't work that way. It doesn't 'dissolve' if you slice it thin enough. This is pure fantasy. Seriously, just roughly chop that shit up and toss it in, don't waste your fucking time treating a bulb of garlic like cocaine.

thats funny there was a dudes youtube chnnel i used to watch and he would review mangas and one of them was about wines or someshit and i guess it was super legit. Was gonna actually pick up the first volume. Thanks for reminding me of that dude

the way you prepare food matters, dipshit. how it roasts, how it bleeds its oils and cooks them. Fine slicing garlic is a valid technique. You either burn shit roast shit or undercook shit.

I am shocked. Shocked and appalled that no one has said The Trip with Steve Coogan.

There is literally nothing wrong with surströmming

Hannibal

>fine slicing garlic

You're having a bubble there's no need to do that at all. Chopping/mincing yeah sure bur fine slicing garlic? You're just wasting time, better spent arguing with mumsy about how much ketamine to put in.

thanks dad

You tv dinner people know everyone about cooking. If you don't cook, shut up.

thanks.. I guess.. son? The infant of the family being taken care of like a bubby. We love you snuggins

Thanks again man. BTW I just got the piss scared out of me. I opened the door to go piss outside, and a pigmy rattlesnake dropped right in front of me. I need to get out of the south.

I cook and I know that there is no reason to fine slice garlic ever. This fucking movie has so many retards slicing garlic for no benefit, trying to achieve something that is physically impossible.

Imagine the day you'll be grown up enough to matter. It'll be rad, awesome, fetch, whatever your childish group says.

>Sup Forums has better discussion about cooking than /ck/

Truly fires up your neurons

Cooking is one of the primary jobs of women. Why would a man ever have to cook or know about cooking? That's like a woman having to know about changing the oil of a car.

Not for your food. Everyone can cook for a trailer park feast. You'll amaze them.

thanks granddad

lol Trailer park beats prison meme shit.

Enjoy living in Louisiana in the 1970s you garbage person.

Everybody enjoys good food user.

Perfume.

This

dumb Sup Forums post
dumb Sup Forums thread

Ayo. Them cubanos were delicious.

Chef

It's a Netflix show but Chef's Table is worth checking out

Whatever you saw Naomichi Yasuda

Did no one like burnt?

Scenes with yum food

fast food nation is ok
waiting and its sequel are ok

I'm spanish and haven never seen, let alone used purple garlic

I'm purple & I've never used garlic

Next floor makes me so hungry

I want to eat somthing alive
Oh Dae-su is a savage

Every time I see this movie
It makes me want to go to White Castle.
But the nearing one is 8 hours away
;_;

Camembert

Even in the movie, they established the sauce had too many onions. What are you on about, Favreau?

Ratatouille

Hopefully. That movie is fucking terrible.