Daily reminder

Daily reminder.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_Riot_for_New_Zero_Kanada
theguardian.com/music/2012/oct/11/godspeed-black-emperor-interview-full-transcript
vimeo.com/228058115
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love them even more now

Will it be better than Asunder?

ye ye ye
who's going to see them tour? i got a ticket to the london show in Oct cannot wait.

If they deliver the same but experiment more then I'm fucking sold. More length would be great too. Asunder was some of the most uninspired work I've heard them put out.

should have stopped after yanqui

>post rock is srs business

but then we wouldn't have got Mladic, which is arguably their best piece of work

>which is arguably their best piece of work
That's very arguable

>More length would be great too.
runtime is only 44 mins :(

>mfw its a drumpf hate album

>mfw it's instrumental so i can pretend it's not a drumpf hate album

>all that retarded marxist bullshit
good goy
>no export to Israel
OY VEY BAD GOY

I haven't listened to anything beyond from F# and LYSF. They were good.

You'd probably like Slow Riot then, everything after LYSF was cancer that shouldn't have been released

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_Riot_for_New_Zero_Kanada

>everything after LYSF was cancer that shouldn't have been released
reeeeee
yanqui and allelujah are good!

>dude FUCK the government
I do love their music, but the anarcho-meme shit gets to be real annoying

this

>yanqui

I'm exited. Though I really want another double album.

Oh yeah I'm retarded, it reads right there in the OP pic.

HOW DO YOU ENFORCE NO EXPORT TO ISRAEL IF THERE ARE NO BORDERS

CHECKMATE ATHIESTS

There are borders. They just wish there weren't any.

Me too

And who the fuck will pay/compensate all the doctors, farmers, producers, engineers, building companies, and everyone else whose lives and work they want to steal as a "human right"?
And no borders? The flags dead at the top of their poles?

I thought they just wrote music about the world ending, not that they wanted to actually go through with it.

>mfw they would have hated Hillary all the same

>he doesn't get it

i learned a long time ago to disregard musician's juvenile political aspirations completely and focus on the music

they're anarchists. read this interview they did: theguardian.com/music/2012/oct/11/godspeed-black-emperor-interview-full-transcript

they're quite nuts.

Are they just being this way to fuck with people? I don't get it.

They write music depicting the world as it is today and will continue to be through their eyes.

The Residents are better

>he's never read anarchist political theory

>Implying reading that shit is worth your time.

Allelujah / Asunder should have been a double album tbqh.

I've always wondered how people make that distinction.
I just do what I like doing, and I find it invigorating and romantic.
It is what inspires most of GodSpeeds music after all.

They're not nuts. They just care about human rights and welfare and not being oppressed by the government or corporations.

I love GY!BEs music. You don't exactly have to be an anarchist to find an appreciation for some of the ideas they express. The world can be a fucking terrible place, even though there are good people trying to find their way in it. I can get behind that, but that won't make me a full on anarcho-communist all of a sudden.

Yanqui onward is their best work

yeah but mladic was being played live before yanqui came out

Holy shit. The only GYBE album I've heard is F#A# and it was kind of interesting but not enough to make me want to listen to any of their other music.

But this is some next-level cringe shit. Do adults actually like this band?

I kind of cringe at this post, not that I agree with them any more than you do or cringe at the description any less, but holy fuck do you have to be retarded to judge the whole band by these and their debut album.

Are you challenging me to a cringe off? Boy I was cringing when you were still popping zits on your funny face and jerking off with the lingerie section of the sears catalog.

>judge the whole band by these and their debut album.
u what? the anarchist shit has always been there

>what is music

Slow Riot and F#A#∞ are the only good things they've ever done. Literally everything else they've ever done bored me, which is a shame, because I loved those two. They put out two 8/10's and then never make anything above a 4 again.

This.

their music is irrevocably political
you can actively try to shrug it off, but it's still there

So many newfags, they were always political and many of us that listened to them here over the years always knew that they were political/anarchists and liked what they had to say.

t. pitchfork

I'm not denying that, I'm just saying that you can appreciate their music but still dislike their views. The guy is missing out on a 20 years worth of records, under GY!BE, Mount Zion, Set Fire to Flames, you name it.

I don't agree with all of their views, but I've always enjoyed that they have something to tell through their music, on every album. And I've always appreciated and enjoyed their music and talent on it a lot.

>unironically being a statist in 2017

>unironically unironicallying in August 2017

Stop owning property.

New Silver Mt. Zion when

This album is pretty much the newfag filter.

>tfw I'm not a member of an anarcho-communist Montreal post rock collective

>post-rock
Please stop this terrible meme.

vimeo.com/228058115

I don't recognize the music that plays over this promotional video, could it be a sample of what's gonna be on the album?

This. Even if you don't agree with the politics, you can still feel the very real emotion behind the music

i thought it was from Their Helicopters Sing but upon relistening it does sound different

>implying this kind of thing is anything new from godspeed, let alone a ton of other indie acts

bashing this is a meme and so are you, you're only doing this because of previous threads

what do you mean?

Post-rock is not a real genre

Post-rock is as real as IDM.

I'm mixed on this since I feel like post-rock is just stupid like IDM but post-punk is fine. What would you propose over post-punk?

lol
what genre is GYBE then?

Rock.

GY!BE have always been a bombastic, overwrought joke of a band, both in their music and in their politics.
It's the sort of shit you can only take seriously when you're 15 and only starting to get into "real" music.

Avant-garde progressive experimental art queer rock

user has always been a poseur, stuck up faggot, both on Sup Forums and in real life.
He's the sort of person who has been taking multiple dicks up his anus since he was 15 and only started getting into "real" music.

Oh shut up, you cretin.

Efrim calls himself a punk rocker, so there's that.

Well, think about it. To add "post-" to something implies that it has evolved artistically into something new (or even into "higher art," some would argue), while still using some of the conventions of the old style that it rose from. This is why we name art movements things like "post-modernism" or "post-impressionism," and it's why post-punk is called that.
So, in that same vein, do you think things like Explosions in the Sky fits the descriptor "post-rock" in that way? Probably not. I would argue that true post-rock does not exist yet.

DUDE ANARCHY LOL

DUDE RICK AND MORTY LOL

yeah lets ignore all the idiosyncratic details of so called post-rock bands and group it all together. gybe and chuck berry sound very alike, it's true!

triggered!

Long-form experimental rock

I can't believe I once like this shit band. I guess I was more impressionable when I was 14.

"post" implies it's a direct byproduct of whatever came previously within that genre; calling something "post-rock" doesn't imply at all some kind of superation or superiority compared to good old "rock". that's just you

>yeah lets ignore all the idiosyncratic details of so called post-rock bands and group it all together.
Yeah let's do that, it's for the better.

But the point is that it's different. Making it longer and adding crescendos doesn't make it a new genre

stop samefagging no one cares about how you have transcended above the sounds of GYBE you utter faggot

>doesn't make it a new genre
well, it's a subgenre, not a completely new genre
post-rock artists use traditional rock intrumentation but the music is totally its own

>using the f word in 2017
>being homophobic in 2017

some progressive you are

Take your meds, you spastic.

Yeah that's true. But back to my original point: is post-punk just a subgenre of punk? I'd say no. Same with my examples of art movements.

Don't get me wrong, I love "post-rock" and GY!BE is actually my favorite band. But I just think we should call it something else

>september 22, 2017
>new GY!BE vinyl gets delivered at your doorstep
>put it on
>sit on your sofa and relax
>first track starts, it's all cool
>instrumental crescendo with samples
>it peaks, when suddenly
>*din din din din*
>blastbeat goes off
>"FUCK TRUMP FUCK TRUMP FUCK TRUMP FUCK TRUMP AHHHHHHH"
>scream in horror

>these are the same people who claim that "the left" is easily offended

>Calls people snowflakes and cucks
>can't handle a band being mean to their surrogate daddy.

Wow. Pathetic.

I'd love some new ASMZ as well. Honestly, Post-LYSF GY!BE doesn't interest me all that much, but ASMZ sounds cool for the most part. They also have a qt barefoot violinist who has a son with Efrim, which is a plus.

They're punk when it comes to philosophy, but their musical output sounds more post-rock or art rock rather than punk.

i'm not the other guy(s)

I think this is a time to step back from the Sup Forums bubble for a moment.

As wide of a genre as rock is, the majority of its music has been written as 2-5minute riff-oriented, guitar-heavy pop songs. There have been a lot of great and original works done in rock music, but those are the outliers.

Big, dadish bands are still what define the "rock formula" and movements away from that are movements towards other genres (metal, punk, mathrock, ""alt"" rock and so on).

In this case, post-rock has to be its own genre considering how far away it is removed from this rock formula