This show is pure kino. Nearly every episode is good and the comedy never gets old...

This show is pure kino. Nearly every episode is good and the comedy never gets old. No other show I know of holds up as well to repeated viewings.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0AckvdGbk4w
youtu.be/nLKibXI3fXY
youtube.com/watch?v=CLg2JbELs9o
youtube.com/watch?v=G1SBQ1udYno
youtube.com/watch?v=2gMjJNGg9Z8
youtube.com/watch?v=pQLlR4pvhyg
youtube.com/watch?v=1ldQggHj78I
youtube.com/watch?v=9IjGNJPNyzU
youtube.com/watch?v=GocoVI4RTyw
youtube.com/watch?v=ez79A9OQX9k
youtube.com/watch?v=7XR4gcOn2G0
youtube.com/watch?v=G4dNAZujL18
m.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rHU7iYSY4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LZSOTXCMq1c
youtu.be/QBIGQuqv-uI
youtube.com/watch?v=lNIT_CWUXcg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought the same thing then I turned 18

shitty myspace core tbqh I really hope you're just a stupid girl who doesn't know any better

>it doesn't have superheroes so I don't like it

Be plebs somewhere else

its funny, but it gets old quick, expecially since theres only 3 series, they milked for like a decade

also the shitty one became the more famous of the two

I'm Old Greeeeeggggggggggggggggggg!

CUZ WE'RE UNDRED PERCENT BRITISH MATE

I beg you to rewatch it with a critical eye. Literally every other joke in the first season, and I'm NOT exaggerating, is them saying "gee, I sure hope X doesn't happen" followed immediately by X happening. They even acknowledge it once.

And despite that, the first season is still the strongest. After that, it was just them trying to go fucking viral with one meme character after another. This show makes me fucking sick because I actually like Julian and Noel and it's 95% embarrassing bullshit.

Barrat was good in A Field In England and ABCs of Death 2 too

>Literally every other joke in the first season, and I'm NOT exaggerating
I'm literally watching season one right now and no, every other joke isn't what you described, sorry.

I find out about this show via Adult Swim in 2008. They fucking aired it once and never again.

Don't apologize to me, man. We're both in the same awful situation.

harold boom spinoff when?

I was too to like this when it was on the tele
>DUDE FUTURE SAILORS LMAO
fuck off

>the comedy never gets old
It did though. that's why it was a hugely popular show around 2006 and now nobody talks about

I remember seeing it on Adult Swim's OnDemand, glad I did was a pretty great show.

First episode I saw:
youtube.com/watch?v=0AckvdGbk4w

it's honestly not worth more than one rewatch, but I loved this show from ages 16-21

>English
>comedy

pick one.

That's literally the only thing that made me laugh.

Can't really understand what's good about this show.

>he doesn't find british sitcoms funny
>probably argues the office US is better as well

All versions of The Office are shit.

Not that guy, but I found the brit The Office to be sorta depressing, like a Sunday in which you need to work.

>tfw Sup Forums knows nothing of the crunch

>>probably argues the office US is better as well

>oioi m8, me knickers caught in a tumble wagon
vs
>fleshed out characters
>progressive development
>multiple story arcs

it literally is, you hipster faggot. the American Office will be remembered as a cornerstone of television, while your shitty UK Office is glossed over as a footnote. kys

There are episodes and parts of the shows and episodes I really didn't like that much, I guess because I'm not a Brit, but the humor is great for the most part.
Not because it's super deep or intelligent but because the characters are fun.

The last episode of the UK Office (might have been one of the specials I don't remember) legit made me cry. Great show.

Gregg made me legit pity him and I'm scared af of the crack fox.

>Chu dance wit Elsie, boy?! Course ya did, we aaaall did!

I own and watch it regularly. Having said that, my personal favorite show of this type is Snuff Box.

That my friend, is pure Kino.

youtu.be/nLKibXI3fXY

>oioi m8, me knickers caught in a tumble wagon
>fleshed out characters
>progressive development
>multiple story arcs
So you've not watched the english office? and fleshed out characters in the US one? I've seen quite a few of the episodes and its just steve carell being a standard american idiot most of the time

All I remember about The Mighty Boosh is the Mod Wolves, and the Crimp Off.

youtube.com/watch?v=CLg2JbELs9o

and

youtube.com/watch?v=G1SBQ1udYno

This was made in a beautiful time of entertainment, when the BBC4 and Adult Swim fully embraced their ACTUAL audience, giving them what they wanted, i.e. surrealist comedy. Garth Marenghi and other masterpieces of that time are almost unthinkable today. I don't know what to say otherwise except that I'm sad and alone now.

I was there. It was the crimp-off episode. I think the whole reason Adult Swim gave it a chance was due to IM OLD GREGG being a viral meme.

>>fleshed out characters
>>progressive development
>>multiple story arcs
They're supposed to be office workers, not zany quipsters who like their job.

>singing the praises of the boosh
>not knowing luxury comedy is the true gold
seriously, its premier was shit, and by the time ep 2 came out, it already got lit for a second series
it didn't matter how many people hated it

It seems like Adult Swim has moved from lovers of surrealism to... black teenagers?

They're both good. Noel Fielding's live show in the states last year was also kino. Best live show I've seen in quite a while.

kill yourself, you worthless pleb

Don't they still make these infomercials?
youtube.com/watch?v=2gMjJNGg9Z8

kino

I loved mighty boosh at the time, tried to re-watch it last year and gave up though, it's aged horribly.

nah, your tastes have though.

The songs are still great

This.
Why did they never release an album with just the songs? I'd love to sing along in my car.

This. It's awful. Julian Barrat is great (in other things) however.

he has other things since his wife noel left him?

He popped up here and there in small roles

youtube.com/watch?v=pQLlR4pvhyg
youtube.com/watch?v=1ldQggHj78I
youtube.com/watch?v=9IjGNJPNyzU
youtube.com/watch?v=GocoVI4RTyw
youtube.com/watch?v=ez79A9OQX9k
youtube.com/watch?v=7XR4gcOn2G0

Only ones I can think of right now.

I heard Noel and Julian are getting back together?
Or did I just hallucinate it?

The show is still great, although it had it's low points.

There were rumors about a movie, right?

Those are all good, especially Call of the Yeti. One of my favorites:

youtube.com/watch?v=G4dNAZujL18

I really tried watching ep 1 and I knew there was something good in there but... I don't know, I guess it's too unhinged for me.

Definitely an acquired taste, man. Snuff Box even more so.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rHU7iYSY4

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LZSOTXCMq1c
They had really cute lyrics alongside this one in the audioplay.

I need to watch Snuff Box and maybe give Luxury Comedy another try.

I never got to see Luxury Comedy, but I really do recommend Snuff Box. Its very surreal and has some of the most subtle bits of comedy outside of Garth Marenghi in my opinion.

It's my favorite British comedy next to Red Dwarf and Fawlty Towers.
youtu.be/QBIGQuqv-uI

Haven't watched Red Dwarf or Fawlty Towers. I love the League of Gentlemen though.

Man, you just keep mentioning ones I haven't seen.

Would you recommend it?

A thousand percent.
It's this weird mix of insane characters played totally straight with serious plotlines that are absolutely absurd.

Nice. I'll find a way to watch it. Thanks for the recommendation, friendo.

The Old Gregg episode is great, the rest is pretty mediocre and forgettable. The main two guys had good comedic chemistry though.
Garth Merenghi's Dark Place was superior. True comic brilliance.

Do it, I hope you'll like it.

The Old Gregg episode was good, my favorite is The Nightmare of Milky Joe though I guess.
Did not care for the Priest and the Beast.
Did not care too much for Eels.

the howard and vince banter is the best part of the show
that's why the milky joe episode is the best one of that season because it's just those two

>No other show I know of holds up as well to repeated viewings.

Peep Show

That was the point. It was supposed to feel real and depressing and that is also where you fin the humor

The two girls in LoG is honestly some of the best acting I've seen from child actors.

>hurr hurr hurr Noel Fielding does something wacky and off-kilter
t. Triple J listener

>Americans proud of ripping off other people's work
Top kek.

He has the main role in the great new sitcom "Flowers" on Channel 4.

I used to watch if for the other guy, julian or whatever his name is. He's ten times funnier than noel fielding.

thanks mane, did not know this show

Flowers really showed that Fielding wasn't the only unhinged one of the two. Barratt's humour is pretty similar, just more depressing than upbeat.

I like Noel Fielding on panel shows but I couldn't get into this. The first series was watchable since it all revolved around the zoo, which grounded it somewhat. After that, though it went off the 'lel so random' rails and I had to stop watching it.

When the mid 00's nostalgia bandwagon hits hard (and no it hasnt yet), this show is going to be understood by everyone as pure kino.

>read h p lovecraft short story ether pickman's model or from beyond
>There's a character called old gregory
>wtf

AND THATS WHY I DONT LIKE CRICKET

The show is like Camden in TV form.

It's very alt-London I'd say. Most of the LOL SO RANDUM XD parts really don't stand the test of time. One of the posters above nailed it saying it's Myspace era humour.

It was bloody great

Who /Snuff Box/ here?

Loved it when i was a teenager but it went down fast after... well really after the first series. The second was ok.

The original radio show is head and shoulders better.

shitty fourth form comedy.
just a reminder that noel is 43 years old. forty three years old.

And that's why you should never bring a cricket bat to Greece.

Speaking as a murikan, its a great fucking show. The style and animations, even the fucked up songs! Personally, I enjoy fucked up shit and there's really nothing quite like this show before or since.

The only problem most fags have with it is cutting through the accent barrier which is admittedly pretty deep in this show same with a lot of references that are so inside that only a fucking Londoner might get them. For me thats kind of the charm, I thought it was funny enough to kind of learn.
Favorite characters
>Hitcher is the shit
>Tony Harrison (Tony harrison vs Sabu banter is TOP NOTCH)
>Ghost of Jazz (i'm gonna climb up inside ya like a warm kitten!)
I'm realizing I cant remember everyones names now theres so many great characters...

I'm gonna have to go on a fucking Boosh binge. its been a while... nice thread!

nobody talks about it because they dont understand half of it from accent or reference.
there was no youtube...
there were no shitting out memes back then. Things just happened and if people liked it, it got a life of its own. Youtube eventually ruined all that.

>Did not care too much for Eels.
You fucking slag! WELLL I'll stab you in the gums wit' me screwdrivah!

WHISKEEEEEEEEY

Do I look like a reasonable man? Or a peppermint nightmare!

Student tier garbage. Fucking awful shit.

They were p good musicians. I remember they were featured in an article in Downbeat.

>this show isn't a genre-spanner.
of course hes 43 ya cunt, why else do you think this show is littered with obscure 80s references and reminiscence. Since when do young people know shit about Gary fucking Numan and Brian Ferry.

2008 AS was great. Look Around You and Darkplace were the fucking best. Drinky Crow was the only thing on there that sucked, I think.

It's more Dalston or Shoreditch than Camden. Even back when it was made, Camden was mostly just old punk crusties and tourists.

>Ctrl F

>Gary Numan

Ah there you are my friend, this show was fucking hilarious as an older gentleman outside of a teenage mindset

I hear you're the biggest ball-fondler this side of Dalston. I wanna pound you like yesterdays beef!

Great show. Annoying fans. It's the type of thing I try not to mention because it ALWAYS ends with people quoting shit to death. It seemed to really spike in popularity by the end of season 2.

That's essentially what good English comedy is. It's realising the depressing nature of our lives, but finding comedy in it. The contrasts keep you interested.

its what destroyed the internally, that and noels drug use. there is this funny thing of his brother telling kids outside some gig that its way past there bedtime at one of the live shows

Bloody hate this show. Even passively watching it makes me cringe, I just hate it.

Can't be doing with it. Really can't.

Damn straight it was.

I think its hard for a lot of people to pin down and it insults its audience as much as it caters to them. So it cant possibly find a wide audience to profit from. Hipsters think it caters to normies and normies think it caters to hipsters. case in point...
youtube.com/watch?v=lNIT_CWUXcg

personally I love how they make fun of the trendy nu-male (Vince is a different trend every fucking episode) and pretentious pseudo-intellectual and yet they make them so lovable together. its sad really because Vince sucks without Julian and vice versa imo.

speaking as a bong, you give me hope

Clearly the best answer.

As a non brit this and Ideal were fucking amazing, absurd humour played straight