Injuring someone?

For those who play sports, have you already badly injured someone?

I'm a figure skater, and my partner suffered brain trauma by my fault. I had bad timing during a twist throw. Basically I wasn't able to catch her back after I threw her and she landed on her back hitting the ice with her head.

I have no confidence in my skating after that, and I'm thinking giving up on skating in pairs for good.

Anybody had a similar situation? How did you deal with it?

Wew lad. Have a bump because I've got no particular story.

Played hockey growing up. When I was like 15, I caught a kid coming around the net with his head down and I destroyed the poor fucker. I broke his collar bone and gave him a pretty good concussion. The dude had to be stretchered off the ice and didn't play again for months, but he ended up alright.

I dealt with it by getting high fives and props from my teammates and coaches because it was a clean hit and I didn't get a charging/elbowing/intent to injure penalty.

messed up a guy's ankle with a mistimed challenge in soccer once. didn't break it or anything, but clearly twisted it badly.
felt terrible initially because he was about half my size, but he was super cunty about it and was back playing in about a month, so it doesn't bug me much

Didn't you feel guilty about it?

> swingers
> drop her on her head

She's not your partner, so why would you care?

Never. Here's a classic story you should know, OP, from an amurrican:

>playing soccer in gym
>ball is up in the air
>think I'm gonna be awesome and air kick it into the goal
>try
>miss ball
>kick goalie in the face
>try to ask "Are you okay?" and "I'm fucking sorry." at the same time
>instead end up yelling "ARE YOU FUCKING SORRY!?"
>goalie is choking back tears

>She's not your partner, so why would you care?

what?
She's my partner., dunno where you misunderstood

a classic tbqh

Stepped on a guys hand in a rugby maul and broke two of his fingers. I have also been concussed 3 times.

Next time you go skating ask all of the men to put their car keys into a bowl

Does intentionally injuring a guy count?

One of my team mates had returned to the team for the season after breaking his ankle in pre-season last year and missing every game. Second game of the season an opposing forward is throwing forearms into his back and doing hard tackles left and right. Told the official and he tells me "back off." Tried talking to the opposing forward in a break to get him to chill out but he called me a "fucking faggot" and spit on my shoes.

Next time he got a pass I went straight at him, stepping on his foot and putting my shoulder into his chest causing his ankle to bend awkwardly as he hit the ground. Play was immediately stopped and I was yellow carded (lol) but they had to carry him off the field.

i'm a soccer defender so i had my share of injuries, both inflicted and recieved
mostly concussions after head-to-head collisions in aerial duels, some sprained ankles but the worst of all is when a guy broke his wrist falling after i tripped him up

i don't feel particularly guilty (execpt for the last one because it was something i did on purpose and it had much worse consequences that i had imagined) because injuries are part of the sport
i'm no psychologist but i think you feel particularly gulity because your partner trusted you and you cared about her
all the people i've hurt were perfect strangers, so i think a more similar situation for me would be when i injuried my gf in a car accident (nothing serious, a broken rib and a few bruises) because she entrusted my safety to me and i fucked up

>i'm no psychologist but i think you feel particularly gulity because your partner trusted you and you cared about her

That's probably rue, because in ice skating she has to trust me when I throw her. If I'm not sure that she'll be able to have a clean landing I shouldn't throw her, that's the basics but I still failed somehow

After she left the hospital she told me she wanted to skate with me as soon as possible but I don't want to

lad if she forgave you you should forgive yourself
you shouldn't ditch her and skating because of an accident, these things happen
it might be hard but you should try to get over your trauma and get your confidence back
i did it with driving (well, i had to, but still you can do it as well)

She forgave me because she doesn't remember the accident. She isn't traumatized by it.

I was the one to hear the sound of her skull on the ice, and see her unconscious body. It took her 6 hours to wake up and I thought she was gonna die for real....

I landed on a friend's tibia during apehoop and toblerone'd his leg. He had to wear the metal rod cage thing screwed into his bone directly. Other than that nothing serious, I cut people's brow and forehead with my elbow a couple of times.

I got to play soccer on a semi-pro level, i injured lots but only a few on purpose, probably ended a guy career

Popped a one of a guys balls during rugby once. My bad

Broke a guys shoulder playing football in high school and tore a guys acl playing soccer in college, didn't think about it till now. Not like I did it on purpose, don't have any guilt about it

I once bloodied my sparring partner's nose.

Broke a kid's ribs playing pee wee football. Not sure how as I was probably less than 100 lbs at the time and he was much bigger than me.

>playing basketball in pe class at school
>mixed teams
>there is a foul and the game stops
>ball comes bouncing in my directing
>look at the teacher for a split second
>he's not looking
>hit the ball as hard as i can
>zidane style vs leverkusen
>hit a girl class mate straight in the face
>she starts crying like crazy
>everyone looks at me like im crazy
>some friends i still have from back then still bring it up from time to time