Will Marvel ever recover from this?

youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs

This has been trending for 2 days, are the nomies finally waking up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QBKy93OGeOg
youtube.com/watch?v=z9BL59uiAz8
youtube.com/watch?v=rD5wQROo_bs
youtube.com/watch?v=S176AKQhcCk
youtube.com/watch?v=9xwPc8cqcmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7FDAkpQSJVA
youtube.com/watch?v=e7TEvhd90JA
youtu.be/gWfVfwz7rTM
youtube.com/watch?v=aNeQrVDDj6A
youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8
youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryY
youtube.com/watch?v=x6KROW2Ks_k
youtube.com/watch?v=27mB8verLK8
youtube.com/watch?v=bpiuqMkuWL4
youtube.com/watch?v=n5riyajbsq0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i don't get the star wars comparison

star wars ripped off a shit load of music

They just asked the wrong people
I remember the Avengers theme very well but couldn't hum Harry Potter for the life of me

Marvel is the symptom, not the disease. This applies to nearly all movies now.

I really can't bring myself to watch this video. Can someone summarize it for me?

Did he literally take 13 and a half minutes to say modern soundtracks aren't as good as Star Wars? Well no fucking shit, buddy.

>Did he literally take 13 and a half minutes to say modern soundtracks aren't as good as Star Wars?
Watch it, he says a lot more.

Also its fucking Star Wars
Everyone and their grandma knows that theme even if they haven't seen Star Wars

people have a blind spot when it comes to star wars. it is very unoriginal.

Can't do it. Guess I'll just stay asleep

>it is very unoriginal
No shit, but you're missing the point; it's not what it's about, it's how it's about it.

Liar

Well he does have a point in that Cap movie scene. Much better without the narrator.

He just rails against temp music, copying music, and tones. Have you seen forgetting sarah marshall? That bit where he talks about just using tones for the show? A good fourth of the vid is railing that.

I didn't watch the whole thing but hes basically saying that Marvel uses music as background noise. I mean technically hes not wrong but it didn't warnt a 13 min video to prove his point

the 13 min is because he's stretching it for youtube's new algorithim that favors longer videos

No not al all. I'm a marvel fag but never got into Harry Potter. Just not my thing

Hes not wrong but that doesn't mean his not a pleb. He supports Anita unequivocally and went off on a tangent on another youtuber when it was pointed out how wrong he was to including animation his his "single takes" video.

>he's a pleb
>not because of his film taste
>but because he likes e-celebs that I don't

t.b.h. John Williams was hired which was the easiest decision to make and they asked that he make it romantic like Lawrence of Arabia

Oh yeah, the Avengers theme. Also, the Iron Man theme.

Ugh. Name me one Star Wars movie that didn't have the Star Wars theme. Same for Bond, Harry Potter, Star Trek, Tyler Perry's Madea, The Land Before Time 1-14.

The Avengers theme is memorable, the first Iron Man's too. But otherwise he's pretty much right, the MCU doesn't have memorable music. Though the problem lies more in the fact that no Marvel sequel (other than the Avengers) reuses any music from the previous ones. Iron Man 2 and 3 have completely different soundtracks from the first one, for example, while each Star Wars movie, each Bond movie and several of the Harry Potter movies had the same themes that those people in the video hummed.

Although he has a point with soundtracks being just a background noise, the problem is bigger than Marvel. The only summer blockbuster in recent years that had a really memorable theme tune was Pacific Rim. I blame Zimmer and his disciples.

>OH NO, THESE POPULAR MONEY PRINTING MACHINES DON'T HAVE MEMORABLE MUSIC!!!!

>the Iron Man theme
I can hum half the songs from that film, I love Ramin Djawadi's work.

he ripped on mad max fury road which has a killer fucking soundtrack

he is another muh nostalgia faggot

How is this a problem with Marvel and not film in general?

> Supports a hack fraud, con, man
> Thinks an animated "single take" is an actually single take
> Gets but hurt and acts like an ass when it's pointed out that they aren't

Still the video could have been 5 mins and gotten his point across

>3 minutes into this
>after getting people to sing main theme songs from other movie series he jumps to some nothing scene with Tony Stark and says the bgm isn't emotionally moving
Should I even continue?

Hell I agree that Marvel movies have weak music but his argument so far is poor.

>The only summer blockbuster in recent years that had a really memorable theme tune was Pacific Rim
Fuck yes, that main theme got me so pumped, it was perfect before Gypsy Danger went to town on Kaiju ass. Honestly, the music really elevates that movie above most blockbusters.

>he ripped on mad max fury road
Kind of. He more ripped on it being similar to other things, not being bad. IMO Junkie XL completely surpassed the other similar themes.

I get that and agree. He just wants more money from more views and the ads

He uses Marvel as an example, he clearly explains this is a greater problem.

This is unbearably stupid and people are only paying attention to this because everyone wants to spend 13 minutes looking at something that isn't this god awful election.

No just stop
Hes made his point it doesn't get any deeper

Less referring to the video creator and more OP.

I like this IM3 version of the theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=QBKy93OGeOg

Oh, and the end credits theme for Age of Ultron by Danny Elfman is also really memorable, but since it will probably never be reused, most people will hear it twice, maybe thrice in their lives. No way it'll make the cultural impact that Star Wars theme did.

This is the exact theme that went through my head as he asked people to hum a Marvel theme; it's a damn catchy tune.

8 movies with the same damn theme and u don't remember it

While Cap has 2 movies with different scores

The Dawn of Justice Soundtrack was dope as fuck. Beautiful Lie would probably be the standout of the film.

youtube.com/watch?v=z9BL59uiAz8

Also good are Red Capes Are Coming

youtube.com/watch?v=rD5wQROo_bs

Is She With You?

youtube.com/watch?v=S176AKQhcCk

and Must There Be A Superman

youtube.com/watch?v=9xwPc8cqcmQ

You're assuming I've actually watched those 8 movies, I haven't
Like I said its not my thing

It's not the Iron Man theme at all though - it's the Iron Man 3 theme. That's the problem - none of the themes for all the Iron Man movies were even similar. That's why people don't remember them. Remembrance needs repetition.

It doesn't matter. Star Wars music is theme driven, it's a character in the movie. Marvel music is just elevator background music.

>these plebs didn't sing star spangled man with a plan

dropped

What is your favourite movie soundtrack from the last 10 years Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=7FDAkpQSJVA

i like the IM3 soundtrack

the problem with the marvel musi is that it isnt consistent

IM movies have had all different composers so the themes never cross over

this

and this
youtube.com/watch?v=e7TEvhd90JA

eat shit thanks for the views lol

Dredd

youtu.be/gWfVfwz7rTM

You do realize whenever someone he asked started singing a Marvel song he would have pouted and not put them in the video

youtube.com/watch?v=aNeQrVDDj6A
i love the 0:20 seconds part

maybe marvel is right and music should leave little impression. they are making money

maybe people getting shitty theme songs stuck in their heads makes people stop buying tickets after a while

Interstellar

youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8

Captain Britain movie when?

Interstellar

kill yourself. you are human garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryY
The only proper choice.

youtube.com/watch?v=x6KROW2Ks_k

>tfw I tried humming the Avengers theme to prove it to myself but started humming the Dark Knight Theme instead

Weird

That nigger in the end is my hero. Fucks white bitches, raises a bitch that wears toy machine gear, knows all the lyrics to original 60s spiderman cartoon and vagulely looks like forest whitaker.

All this made me realize is that the score for Transformers was actually pretty good.

i will show you memorable, retards

youtube.com/watch?v=27mB8verLK8

Stupid video. I can vividly remember the theme to the avengers when the camera does the rotating pan of the heoroes, that was powerful and memorable. And furthermore in Thor, that pregnant pause in the music is meant to highlight the comedy and absurdity of Asgardians suddenly showing up in a small town USA. Video makers don't get it

>Stupid video. I can vividly remember the theme to the avengers when the camera does the rotating pan of the heoroes, that was powerful and memorable
That's the only one I remember outside of the IM3 end credits. And the IM2 soundtrack if that counts since it was just AC/DC.

Frankly, I'm not gonna remember any background music unless it's got words in it, or it's embedded in public conscious the way Star Wars/Indy/frankly anything by John Williams has. Last one I remember is probably He's a Pirate, and that was 13 years ago

Sounds like Gladiator theme song. Which came first, therefor superior

pirates of the caribbean is special, I have no idea how they made such a fucking amazing series of movies from a ride.

>I have no idea how they made such a fucking amazing series of movies
They didn't. They made one great movie, half of a good movie, then gave up.

I really, really like these.

>trending

just fucking kill yourself.

One of the buttons on Youtube is literally called "trending", it just means the most popular videos.

But the pirates version is better

i didnt realise the autistic EFAP guy spoke to humans

good for him

Marvel will literally and unironically NEVER recover from this.

It will be a miracle if any of Marvel's movies make more than 10 million bucks on the box office from now on.

Tron Legacy and Oblivion. Both Joseph Kosinski films. Both scored by electronic musicians rather than traditional composers. Wish more directors understood the importance of music.

youtube.com/watch?v=bpiuqMkuWL4

I can hum the theme of "Hulk" (2003).

INB4 it is not a part of the "MCU". It actually is.

>ripping off RLM

fuck. right. off.

The avengers theme and captain america theme is very memorable.

Aside from that.
- Iron Man never had a music theme.
- Thor never had a music theme.
- Black Widow never had a music theme.
- Hulk never had a music theme.

marvel movies can only do so much that was never there.

Kevin Feige should have insisted they keep playing this throughout MCU whenever Iron Man appeared or something

youtube.com/watch?v=n5riyajbsq0

I remember this piece being quite memorable when I first saw Iron Man in 2008

Not forcing themes was a mistake

that one song in the Dark Knight actually makes me want to go out there and fight crime

I think the Doctor Strange OST has the potential to be quite memorable.

Iron Man does have a theme lmao

Ironically Tron is a Disney film. Somebody had some brass balls to get Daft Punk for that one.

I wish Clint did more scores. All his work is amazing. But I understand he's fickle about his projects.

that ironman scene did give me emotional feedback. you don't need to have a grand melodic theme everytime something happens.

I only watched the first minute because fuck watching 13 minutes of random people humming movie songs which I'm sure is all this video is :^)

The criticism about not having a 'memorable' tune compared to Star Wars isn't really fair... and the point about the funny/emotional music is fair but a personal choice. Marvel music is generic, good, replaceable music, just like the films themselves.

It's not that's just the annoying beginning before it gets into analysis.

That's the problem with these youtubers, they don't know how to make you give a shit before you close the tab and move on. Watching 3 minutes of street interviews just makes me want to masturbate and eat breakfast.

>The avengers theme and captain america theme is very memorable.

This, I can hum both and also the Iron Man 3 credits theme.

Their best themes are by Silvestri imo, and he doesn't make very memorable music.
Doesn't mean it's not good.

Also
>nobody can hum anything besides the theme
I mean it's kind of expected but I'd have hoped for a bit of Binary Sunset.

Scoring movies that way is not even a new trend, it's been super fucking common for decades.

That snow in 300 looks so fucking fake.

That part actually pissed me off a bit. That soundtrack was obviously another permutation of the main theme which has the same key and feeling. I bet my ass he can't find the original source for the film's main theme.

>Somebody had some brass balls to get Daft Punk for that one.

I honestly don't know if you're joking.

>Videos need to be summarized because I have ADHD and can't sit and watch a video for 8 more minutes.

>But my precious time
This won't cut on a Chinese stone-decanting wall-painting internet board.

You should practice mindfullness, senpai. It's done wonders for millions of people, me included.

>starts off by complaining that the soundtracks just gives the same information as the movie and that's not rich
>then proposes an alternate soundtrack for a Thor moment (10:40) that does just that and says it makes it richer
Am I dumb or did he contradict himself?

>"Y-y-yeah old music was better!"
Even though they're all almost identical. Superman and Indiana Jones is the same song

Sicario's OST made the movie more intense for me.

Pacific Rim comes to mind as well.

Never saw Hateful Eight, did maestro Ennio do another amazing job with the soundtrack on that film?

I'm not. Coffee is for closers.

Hollywood btfo
is this the beginning of the Great Crash?