So i guess this is getting a tv show

so i guess this is getting a tv show

Other urls found in this thread:

mythcreants.com/blog/four-sexist-themes-from-the-wheel-of-time/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How are they gonna do this? What kinda udget would it have to have? Is HBO looking for a way to move past Game of Thrones? Does Netflix have the budget?

This some new fantasy show?

Like how GoT has that steampunk intro, but the show is actually nothing like that? Is this one of those kind of things?

Nah its called the wheel of time, its like if GRRM wrote too much Game of Thrones instead of not enough. It has an interesting magic system tho where basically men and women draw on different magic that can do different things, kinda cool.

there are magics that are exclusive to different genders?

>its like if GRRM wrote too much Game of Thrones instead of not enough

WoT is nothing like Game of Thrones.

It's more like if LoTR had a threeway baby with Dune and The Once and Future King.

>interesting magic system
Not really. It's a small step above Harry Potter-tier.

Rigney was a physics major from The Citadel, Rowling ate big macs from dumpsters but yeah they're pretty much the same

>It's more like if LoTR had a highly dissapointing threeway baby with Dune and The Once and Future King
FTFY

basically the wheel of time or "reality" is driven by the two sides of magic, the male side was tainted a long time ago but is supposed to be the side of light, and the female side is the dark side, men cant use women magic and women cant use male magic

And they both made generic cookiecutter magic systems for vastly overrated series. Atleast Rowling didn't subject the world to 15(fifteen) books of her shit.

This series could have been wrapped up in 6 books but the author was a fucking autist and wrote 14 fucking books

This is your final (You) from me

that actually makes me hopeful for the show somewhat. is the "dark side" implied evil or is it just a word for that element?

But what are the practical differences between the two magics?

IS 123MOVIES DOWN FOR ANYONE ELSE ANSWER ME

Well, it's essentially the same magic, but there are two halves to it, like Yin and Yang. Men and women also use it differently, and there's also a bit of sex/sexual politics metaphor going on there. Women have to submit to it, men have to dominate it. Men are stronger with the power individually, women can link together and overcome men's individual strength that way.

The male half also got tainted by evil when the main character's former incarnation tried to imprison the big bad a few thousand years ago. So, male users all eventually go insane, sometimes destructively and malevolently.

PROBLEMATIC

The Harry Potter series could be 14 books eventually. Rowling has time.

Awww wittle WoT fanboy cant handle the truth

Uuuh. That's problematic.

Holy shit imagine if this series was started today. There would be about 20 different magic systems to cater to transgender and other fringe "genders"

This show is gonna drive SJWs up a fucking wall
mythcreants.com/blog/four-sexist-themes-from-the-wheel-of-time/
I hope they do it perfectly to the books

Which actress is the best at pulling braids?

Which actress is the best at boxing ears?

Which actress is the best at being the only tolerable woman in the entire fucking series?

There is a transgender character in the wheel of time

so its just a metaphor for our former patriarchal society

I like that there is some logic and backstory to how it works. Sadly the feminists will probably make it too political and unbearable.

Manipulative cunt. Min was the only pure female in WoT.

No it doesn't. Stop using the remote possibility of a TV show to discuss your fanfiction-tier retarded pulp series here because people on /lit/ laugh at you when you try it there.

The worst fucking series in existence.

Egwene?

Mens magic must be dominated and wielded like a weapon, its strengths are earth and fire, a character in the beginning literally kills himself by channelling too much power and creating a volcano
Womens power must be gently guided and isnt as strong, their strengths are wind and water. Here are powerful women but mens magic is stronger, but its also impossile for men to use their magic because its cursed by Shi'tan, basically satan, and any man who uses it loses his mind and kills people

lol

Aran'gar/Halima/Balthamel

>It's more like if LoTR had a threeway baby with Dune and The Once and Future King.

lolwut

It's like Dungeons and Dragons had an anal orgy with Days of Our Lives, high-school anime and smut fanfiction.

We've had lots of great WoT discussion on /lit/, especially when the Sanderson books were being released. One of the first posts on /lit/ was about WoT.

I'd imagine they will rectify Jordan's depictions of female characters a bit for the series. I'm a big WoT fan, but this can accurately describe 96% of his female characters at one point or another in the series:
>She acts like a know-it-all, and she's wrong.

The power imbalance in the use of the Source should stay though. It's meant to reflect the power imbalance between men and women physically, and the White Tower represents women working together to overcome that imbalance. I think there's more feminist ideals to be unpacked from that than critics of Jordan's work realize.

So go and discuss it there, because you're not going to get a TV show.

Um, the rights have been sold to a major studio.

>Manipulative cunt

She is, but she does realize her mistake in being that way.

I think Moiraine would have been a very interesting character if Jordan didn't have her take a bazillion book hiatus from being part of the story.

>Um, the rights have been sold to a major studio.

The rights to pretty much every novel have been sold to a major studio. That's how it works. They buy it for scraps just for the possibility of adapting it sometimes in the future and preventing the competitors from doing it. But only 0.5% of all novels sold to major studios become movies or shows.

The author's widow has made it clear that this is becoming a major television series via social media, whether you like it or not.

Braid-tugging aside, I like Nynaeve too. She goes toe to toe with the Forsaken, and she's straight up loyal to Rand when all the other Aes Sedai around her are being manipulative harpies.

She's super annoying in a lot of ways, but solid as fuck when shit gets real.

>The author's widow has made it clear that this is becoming a major television series via social media, whether you like it or not.

Lol you're so fucking deluded. Do you know how many books I've bought which had a "the TV show/movie is coming soon!" promise on the cover, yet were never adapted? it happens all the time, and social media has much less weight than the cover of a book.

You're just showing what a huge noob you are. I realized this shit when I was 13.

>You're just showing what a huge noob you are. I realized this shit when I was 13.

so two years ago

Is there fucking in this series?

I guess we'll wait and see. Meanwhile, Harriet and Team Jordan are making posts on social media and legal settlements with Red Eagle are on the record while you're deleting posts on Sup Forums. I guess we'll just wait and see.

No, it's all masturbation and rape. That's half the series. The other half is describing dresses.

The MC bangs some desert indian princess in an igloo in the like the fourth book.

Semirhage orgasms a warder to death

Not described in vivid detail, but there is some sex.

You just described Prince of Nothing.

There's a nine horse hitch.

Modern fantasy is just fucking edgy wish-fulfillment shit, nothing more to say.

Nynaeve was a top lass in the later books. Egwene shouldve been thrown into a volcanoe tho

She's still alive, and so is Mazrim Taim. The Flame of Tar Valon preserves just as Balefire unmakes.

Plus you know she had to be a monster in the sack if Lan was satisfied with dat puss.

>The Prince of Nothing is a series of three fantasy novels by the Canadian author R. Scott Bakker, first published in 2004, part of a wider series known as "The Second Apocalypse". This trilogy details the emergence of Anasûrimbor Kellhus, a brilliant monastic warrior, as he takes control of a holy war and the hearts and minds of its leaders. Kellhus exhibits incredible powers of prediction and persuasion, which are derived from deep knowledge of rationality, cognitive biases, and causality, as discovered by the Dûnyain, a secret monastic sect.
>which are derived from deep knowledge of rationality, cognitive biases, and causality

>mfw fedora tipping """""""authors""""""" actually think rationality is magic

Is there like in detail sex like grrm level or is it all " he took her to the cabin for the night" type shit

It's completely PG-13 although subversive

The latter.

Move along plebs, better fantasy with better magic system coming through.

uh oh the grimdark malazan edgelords are here

Serious question: why do insecure Malazan fags always tend to assault Wheel of Time threads?

I don't get it. Some Canadian loser documented his GURPS campaign, great, can't you keep it in your own threads? Why do you have to attack every Wheel of Time thread? Please explain yourself.

>that butthurtt

hehehehe

Season's greetings. It's a dinosaur with swords for arms.

This is what's supposed to be competitive with WoT, lol

Seconded

why are there 14 books?? I started the first ne out of curiosity but it got boring and I stopped when they met some wolf guy, does it even get interesting?

TUG BRAID

ADJUST SKIRT

MEN BEING WOOL-HEADED FOOLS

It's not for the likes of you. Please don't ever continue reading

are you upset about wasting years of your life reading WOT?

Yes, and then no, and then yes again.

Books 8-10 are a bit of a slog. That was when Jordan was in full water-treading mode. The rest is good.

Thanks for summing the series in 9 words.

I SURE WISH MAT/PERRIN/RAND WERE HERE

THEY KNOW HOW TO TALK TO GIRLS

what the fuck? I don't remember them referring to the female side as dark and the male side as light. They are simply two aspects of the One Power. The male side is much more violent/destructive.

No, I actually really love the series. It's just not for you.

who is it for?

If you couldn't get passed book 1 you probably would rather kill yourself than read the rest.

Upper-level masons, mostly. Maybe some mormons.

I'd rather tub nynaeve's skirt if you know what I mean.

He's got it backwards.

The male side is represented by the dark half of the Aes Sedai symbol (which is just a yin yang without dots.) Also called the "Dragon's Fang." The female side is the white side, called the "Flame of Tar Valon."

What should I know before reading this, it seems controversial. Ive heard the first book is basically Fellowship of the Ring

Don't read it. It isn't for you.

>Upper-level masons

is this a new meme?

Spare yourself, it's not worth it.

>What should I know before reading this

That it's a piece of utter shit and you shouldn't waste your time on it.

>Ive heard the first book is basically Fellowship of the Ring

That's a serious insult to Tolkien.

This.

Do not read this series

stop samefagging up the thread

This is now a /malazan/ general. Discuss the chain of dogs

But isn't that symbol representative of the taint? Irrespective of the taint the male side isn't inherently dark nor the female side light. Not that I recall anyway.

Apsalar a cute!

No, that was the symbol of the Aes Sedai long before the male half was tainted.

I started reading malazan once but the author didnt really explain the magic or what is happening so I lost interest

>Apsalar got fucked by the Malazan equivalent of a mudslime
Really makes you think.

Both Mazalan Book of the Faggots and Wheel of Cucks are worthless wastes of paper for angsty pre-teens.

>worthless for angsty pre-teens.
exactly. Only fine intellectuals like myself can grasp them.

What is other essential angsty teencore? I'm familiar with Drizzt and Spellsinger and Asprin's Myth

lol look at this faggot

what a fucking cuck

Kingkiller Chronicles is pretty much the epitome of angsty teencore wish-fulfillment.

The Broken Empire.

Main character is a teenage prince who leads a group of bandits and murders his way to the throne. But, it's also really good, despite sounding like it would be for edgelords.