Daredevil

So I just saw the first two episodes of this bad boy here and I enjoyed much more than I expected. I'm already willing to make the statement that this is the best comic-book based stuff I've seen, and it's completely different from the MCU movies. The atmosphere is darker and more serious, the humor is actually set-up properly rather than being just quips and I feel like I know more about who Matt or Foggy are as people after these two episodes than I do about the heroes in 13 movies that've come out so far.
The fight at the end of the second episode is probably better than any fight any of those movies had.
I'm probably too late getting into it now and everyone else has enjoyed it and moved on already, but goddammit I feel like it deserves to be talked about.

Karen accidentally kills the ethnic grandmother. Foggy blackmails her over it. Now leave before the whole show is spoiled.

Was that hallway fight done in one take or did they use camera tricks to make it seem so?

No spoiler is enough to daunt me, I'm more interested in the execution than the twist.
I'll see if I can get my dad to marathon this with me though.
I'm going to assume it was just trickery.

Season 2 is shit.

B-but Frank tho?

Season 2 Punisher storyline > Season 1 > rest of season 2

And yes, Daredevil is the best comic book adaption airing right now.

best fight choreography on a capeshit show that's for sure.

I think it's pretty obvious then whenever they plow through a door that a secret cut happens, and it happens like 3 or 4 times in the fight when nobody is on screen.

Still, it's impressive.

there was nothing wrong with it really

What's so terrible about season 2?

A bunch of setup filler that goes nowhere and with no payoff.

They throw away the brutal choreography that made S1 so popular in favor of typical marvel capeshit jump cuts and off camera hits.

Wouldn't that just mean the payoff comes during S3 or whatever it is that's going to happen next?
Oh. Well, fuck that.

people didn't like all that magic ninja shit in the second half of season 2 , i didn't mind it desu

Magic ninjas are pretty Daredevil.

I really enjoyed the series, especially s1. S2 is good because of the punisher and Matt, Foggy and Angela become irritating, Electra is ok.

Also fights in second season seems worse than in first.

>Oh. Well, fuck that
You're God damn right. It's devastating. Their riskier kung fury show Iron Fist will flop because of this. At least it fucking should.

i didn't mind it but it was overkill and took up a lot more time. you can only watch ninjas kicking for so much after it becomes stale. not to mention they didn't even have a resolution to that arc other than "to be continued"

What part of Fisk's hit on Frank was typical Marvel?

You're cherry picking. Go watch any of the Daredevil fights.

Scenes dragged out for so long that you feel bored as fuck half way through them. People tend to go on talking for far too long.
Action scenes are really shit, some of them try to one-up the good fights from season 1. There was a fake long-take that looked terrible because they editted it so badly and the fighting didn't look natural.
The first episode is a waste because it's a build up to revealing The Punisher but all the viewers should know it's him because he was in the advertising for season 2.
Elektra is an annoying cunt and Matt always keeps her around because of contrived plot convience.
Some of the characters from Season 1 have changed completely (Melvin, Newspaper guy, Priest) for no logical reason. You could say Newspaper guy changed because of what happened to Ben but his personality is completely different.
Matt becomes unlikeable because he is too proud to kill anyone.
I haven't even finished season 2 yet because I think it sucks. Season 1 was goat, and it's clearly because of the showrunner changing between seasons.

That's depressing.

Yeahs it's not good as a Daredevil motion comic, but Berenthal deserves his own Ayer movie.

watch till episode 4.

none of season 2 was good

I'm ambigious about this show. On one hand, it's pretty fun action. On another, superheroing is wasted on mundane thugs. It seems to get more superheroic in second season, but I'm only halfway through.

Also, Fisk should've been the main character. In season 1 Daredevil ultimately amounted to very little, and it's Fisk who ruined himself due to his own flaws.

Season 2 is fine, punisher stuff is good and I liked elektra but the ninja story was kinda shit

>superheroing is wasted on mundane thugs
Tell that to the people whose lives were saved by him fighting mundane thugs. The people who would have ended up as sex slaves because nobody else gives a fuck.

I'm not saying it as some kind of in-universe criticism. I'm saying as a consumer of a work of fiction.

Well then you're obviously watching the wrong show. Daredevil's character is not meant for fighting off alien invaders or saving the world.

> It's the best comic-book based stuff I've seen
No, it's the best comic-book based stuff ever.
What Batman should've been.
I'm taking the bait.
For a TV show it's amazing. However, The Flash is real shit (except season 1 thanks to Tom Cavanagh)

> Scenes dragged out for so long that you feel bored as fuck half way through them.
Are you talking about TWD.

Elektra.

I just hope they don't fuck up the Punisher show.

Loved s1, dropped s2 after a few episodes. What made s1 so good is completely gone

It's not shit. It just isn't as good as season 1.

If he wasn't blind, the series would be about a guy fighting ninjas.

>Sit down to Watch Stardust
>Why does Tristan look so familiar
>Realise he's Matt Murdoch an hour later