Synth general. Gonna start it off by dumping a few obscure/semi obscure synths

Synth general. Gonna start it off by dumping a few obscure/semi obscure synths.

Pic related is an Ionic Performer. It was essentially a repackaging of EMS boards with an integrated keyboard and buttons instead of a pin matrix.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cf2ZTSJRiZ0
youtu.be/CCG3_r4eYRU
73-75.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=SBwJScD4XKw
youtube.com/watch?v=TBx3d4jGNeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Next up is the Orgon Enigiser. At first glance it seems like a fairly nondescript module, but it has a 15 mode analog filter.

are there any affordable synths?

behringer's minimoog clone when it comes out. volca series. microbrute. ms20 kit.

youtube.com/watch?v=cf2ZTSJRiZ0 not super obscure, but still a long standing favorite

another mono module. trax is actually in reference to train tracks because it was made by a model train company.

Wersi MK1 nigga

its cute but an ugly motherfucker

youtu.be/CCG3_r4eYRU

I like this thread. Too bad all my gear is Roland/Korg I'm a degenerate.

I mean korg is pretty nice when on a budget at least

I prefer roland monosynths but like the polysix better than any roland poly. I feel like junos are super overrated

One of the best things to come out of our country to be honest.

Ciat-Lonbarde Sidrax

Good thread genuinely

Roland boutiques are pretty nice and not too expensive

This is a really cool thread, thanks man

I desperately need a CR78

But it's pretty darn expensive

Kawai's answer to the "cheap" early 80s poly market. Anyone got that pic with the topless chick and the Kawai SX btw.

ugh I just told myself I wouldn't buy more synth stuff

damn this thing sounds beautiful

Serge paperface :3

73-75 coming out with paperface

prices are fairly low too

nice and slim

73-75.com/

really need to get some Hordijkn my life

Meng QI Squishable

The Landscape Stereo Filed is pretty incredible controller/mixer/source

Is that $960 USD per panel built with a case? Might go Serge as my second modular instead of Verbos. I saw this vid a few days ago and figured it was some DIY thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=SBwJScD4XKw

Lorre-Mill Double Knot

I'm not 100% certain but think the panels are complete, and they also offer DIY. Havn't really looked too closely as I'm finishing up my R*S euro Serge right now.

Anyone have knowledge / experience on the Yamaha sk15?

I really want to get a very small budget synth that can sit on my desk. I want to use it for ambient music, think stuff like Gas, Stars of the Lid etc.

Any recs? Budget probably $250.

here's the R*S euro Serge I've built so far. Once I'm more familiar with the modules I plan on putting together a 4U Serge setup, don't plan on DIY that but not sure I wanna pay them STS prices.

Is minilogue pleb? That's the only one I own I like it

Meng Qi Rollz-5 i finished building couple weeks back. pretty unique drum/drama machine.

Comfy setup

its getting there. R*S finally releasing the NTO was a major plus. Here's one of my controller rows

have you played one?
I almost bought one but ended up with a ensoniq (digital) instead

other control row

They're pretty cool, SK-30 is much cooler though.

picked up a Sidrazzi Aluminus, good stuff

There's really nothing wrong with the entry level Minilogue, Microbrute, etc.

They honestly sound a lot better than some of the weird vintage shit that I've used.

A lot of this stuff you can drool over but it's kind of a let down to actually own it.

old school ciat-lonbarde brass screws nodes on the backside

nice to pair it with my Sidrassi

I like the KR-55 better.

lots of love for the ciat-lonbarde Deerhorn Organ too, each unit has two brass screws where the antenna attach. you can hook up wire or whatever and run it off to where ever in your studio etc. you want to be able to play any of its three "theremin"

Yesterday I was playing around with additive synthesis for the first time on my Kawai K3. Got some pretty interesting sounds out, but it was mostly guesswork. The only annoying thing is I can only store one user created waveform at a time.

Waldorf Rocket maybe. It has a small form factor. Watch some demos.

iirc there's a reproduction in a slimmer casing and some added features, probably much cheaper than an original

Holy shit, that's a badass sounding little rig. WTB

This one right? The build quality on their original 303 clone was kinda shit, idk if the new boxes are better.
youtube.com/watch?v=TBx3d4jGNeg

it doesn't sound like a CR-78 at all though

Damn what the fuck are you doing with caps that big?

I have one of these, #427 IIRC. The Sonica, designed by Frank Eventoff. It's a really simple little synth, in fact it barely qualifies as a true synth, but it does produce a nice square wave, and the internals are made by Sergé.

The neck is set up with touch sensitive pads in a standard do re me format, full or half steps delineated by thicker or thinner lines between each pad. It's got a frequency sweep knob, a half step button, a tone button, and a note bend button.

It's fun to play, but a little limited. Still, it's my most obscure synth instrument.

yeah all the TT's are pieces of shit imho

if you want CR78 sounds, just get CR68 for half the price and sample it

I socketed all of the variables to make it easy to swap different values in/out. Top of the board are the pulse rollz, 2x rows of 3,4,5,6 groupings. cap value effects the speed of a roll group, smaller values fast beats. Was experimenting here with slower beats using all polys, those get pretty big in the 1 to 10uf range. electrolytic are fine too and only practical way to try out 100uf values for super slow beats and mountain subbass response from the filters.

the Rollz-5 was an earlier version of what became the Plumbutter 2. they play quite well together

another controller, this from Ieaskul F Mobenthey the Mocante keyboard

Ever mess with the Flower Electronics synths like the Little Boy Blue?

Tocante touch synths. Sine, Triangle, and Square wave output with solar panel power supply.

Tocante Zener Noise and Karpus Strong sting touch synths.

yeah, I have a Little Boy Blue. really incredible how much she packed in such a small format. It plays nice with the CIat-Lonbarde gear.

Thats cool. I had one a long time ago, but traded it. I never really unlocked its full potential

tetrax and LBB are a good match, can get some really great fm and love patching the barres to modulate LBB

i've always on the lookout for a Jealous Heart to pair with it. I'm on the wait list for a benjolin hopefully built sometime before winter. Pretty sure that's gonna be fun with the CL

these Meng Qi Arcade Manifold format jumblers sure make mingling between formats a whole lot easier.

for little cost you can build the Ciat-Lonbarde Paper Circuits. Here's the newer Old Mr. Grassi

just takes time to point to point wiring

These two, Madame Brasser and Master Brando make up the DDM2. incredible drone machine

Madame Blasser

these were a bit more elaborate, the various Fourses

there are three different Fourses paper circuits

do you make any music with this shit, or just spam photos of it?

you connect two Fourses on either side of the Intersexon where you have s/h, current mirroring, spesal cuck voltage starving, pretty wild.

This looks interesting
The Grackler

a classic, the Ciat-Lonbarde Cocoquantus

>buying synths to make music
>not buying synths to increase your epeen/synth scene cred
lol if you want to make music just use an ipad like varg (northern electronics) does

Man I'd love the chance to play around with Rob's system.

these were probably the simplest to build of all the paper circuits. The Ciat-Lonbarde Gerassic Organ

still took about 4 hours but its laid out so nice

Yeah that's kind of what I was getting at, people who actually release high quality shit mostly just use Ableton or whatever. Or Max/MSP if you want to do something weird or esoteric. This shit is more just conspicuous consumption/compulsive shopping.

I'll buy this for $1000 if anyone has one

The CL Lil' Sidrassi were really simple too, I mounted two in an old shoebox and used brass thumbtacks as the touch interface for the nodes. can get really nice stereo effects. Tuned one for subbbass to bass range, and the other for treble ranges.

in hind sight I should have started building paper circuits with this circuit.

lol, Varg has tons of hardware plus +Wasp and 4x Enigisers. He uses iPad to be ironic

gotta love gearspammer in his various incarnations

if this is the same guy as before he's been busy buying new shit, I remember when it was just guitar boutique pedals and tape delays

Thinking of getting a Roland JP-08. Thoughts?

i was gonna waste time in the /gg/ but wow it's already worse than whatever I could add. i'm impressed tbqh

is it worth buying the Moog Sub 37

Anyone here have an opinion on the Roland Juno DS88?

From what i've heard, it sounds great. Form factor is either a curse or a blessing depending on your needs.