Give me one good reason why I shouldn't consider this the greatest slasher of all-time

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't consider this the greatest slasher of all-time.

Because Wrong Turn is

because its the bes meta/parody slasher

Because Halloween is. Just because the characters are aware and break the 4th wall doesn't make it the greatest. Still good though

I'd be surprised if anyone gave enough of a shit to argue over a slasher

This.

/thread

That was a Black Christmas ripoff. The only thing it innovated was the monster that never dies. It was cute when the Halloween theme played when Ghostface showed up, though.

Halloween had a better spooky soundtrack imo dawg

go for it

Scream's soundtrack is garbage for the most part. I guess that's why some of the Halloween music plays. The problem is that Halloween's acting can be stale as fuck. Even though Scream has a piece of shit jew like Jamie Kennedy, it's still good. It's an amazing feat.

I agree the acting is corny but I just think of it as how teens would act in situations like that

While I assume Scream is a good film without it, I feel to truly appreciate it one has to have some reverence for the films from which it's borrowing the tropes it's pastiching.

Gotta agree. Hillbillies are scary af

Slumber Party Massacre

The only thing the scream series lacks is a recognizable musical theme.

then what about Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Because 2 and 4 were better.

Scream doesn't break the 4th wall to my recollection.

You know, within the pantheon of slasher films, I've never considered TCM to be a part of that group. I know it technically could be considered among them.

That said, it is the best if we're including it and why wouldn't you. I assume most don't have this arbitrary disconnect that I have.

The characters are self aware and there is a lot to do with the "meta" of slasher films. I guess that's what he meant.

Spotted the 45 year old.

True but that's not 4th wall breaking stuff.

Meh, stuff like Pieces or Silent Night Deadly Night is better.

No tits and ass.

They know you want it. They talk about it. They tee it up. And then you get nothing.

Bastards.

New Nightmare > Scream

thought i heard ya callin my name now hush hush.

Na na na na na na na na naa naaaaaa

Don't reply to me ever again

I'm 21 faggot

Boop.

I'm telling my mom

It is. You usually see Leatherface with Michael Myers, Freddy and Jason in fan-art. Pinhead really isn't a slasher, but he's lumped in with them, too.

Carpenter soundtracks are always pretty great.

>Rose mcgowan never lets those sweater puppies go free