Been wanting one for a while. Just drunk (way to drunk) bought a Pioneer SX-1050 for my built in Bose around the house...

Been wanting one for a while. Just drunk (way to drunk) bought a Pioneer SX-1050 for my built in Bose around the house. Anybody have any hand experience with one?

Does it go all the way up to 11?

Bose LOOOOOOOLLLLLL

if I am correct Bose is low impedance load 4 ohms or less

that sx-1050 will only drive an 8 ohm load

All my life I owned Onkyo. Had two, one still works. The other started frying speakers immediately, *poof* dead. Have Infinity speaks right now, had some neat Design Accoustics back in the day.

Basically stopped setting up stereos, now all my shits in boxes.

>poorfag detected

I like thee Studio Monitor series

My '80's Technics component system finally nees updating. Want hi-fi and replacement home theatre. Has to include legacy CD capability. I'll sacrifice the tapedeck, has to be able to take the turntable which still works.

>wat do

You done well OP, ya done well

I had very little disappointments with any of my stuff. I actually like the analogue switches on OP's pic. And the moving needle gauges. Its a nice design.

I don't know what they push, but unless an asshole, you could get some nice clean sound out of that. Simplicity is good. All the digital stuff, you get lost in their wonky settings. The Onkyo's weighed about 40 lbs each, which is pretty heavy for a component. They have a huge ceramic heat sink in them.

The turntable and CD, you just use the red/white plugs and put them into AUX ports if there isn't a dedicated port.

Techniques is kinda fucked up, some units have unique plugs and do not use the red/white jacks.

If thats the case, you have to scrap the whole thing, and get new shit from the ground up. (except for the speaks, if you're happy with those)

4 original bose 901's

>bose

Make sure you hook up your speakers correctly.
8 ohms is 8 ohms.
Placing multiple speakers in parallel without additional resistors matrices will reduce resistance and increase amperage. The output of your stereo IS NOT designed for that. Non audio techs blow up the output of older analog amplifiers all the time.
>pic unrelated

It's pronounced "BOSS" speakers because they are.

Who puts speakers in parallel? One output, one speaker. LR 2channel, thats stereo. LR front and rear, plus center is 5.1 surround. Why would anybody fuck with that?

It's 2017. Get a digital reciever, you fuckin hippie.

meh. a tube amp can handle those 901's. I wouldn't worry about your pioneer receiver at all. my cerwin vegas come with fuses. they were a lifesaver. cranked metallica's "ride the lightning" at a house party until the cops came. fuses blew before they showed up tho. just don't turn that shit full power for extended periods if they don't have built in fuse box because you can kiss those bad boys goodbye real fast.

oh cool my parents had one of those back in the 70s man I love old stuff that does the same thing but takes up 10x as much space

Oh man those dials and switches with their milled steel feels. I miss my dad. He had one and I loved touching them. I would rub those grooves of that finely milled steel while he beat my mother and just imagine life without him, but with those dials, just rubbing them endlessly...

Did he have Type VI Metal Bias tapes too that had metal particles in the tapes and delivered the best analog sound from a compact cassette? Shit sounded crisper and cleaner than digital believe it or not.

They weren't very popular. I don't recall normal music albums being released on those. But I do recall people putting their vinyl on them, to save wear on their LPs. I also think thats what were in the radio station "carts" for the DJ's to use.

turntable needs a preamp/phono in. regular aux won't work by default.

Ah. Pro-Ject phono preamp at Crutchfield, top seller. $100

Don't look at the high end shit, unless you have a $2000 TURNTABLE.

Sorry caps. Unless your vinyl is amazing, and you have the proper turntables with weights and adjustments, its gonna sound crispy.

Holy fuck, I grew up with one of these. I really wish dad didn't get drunk and sell it.

>this is a sad thread now

Yeah, my HS buddy had a similar one. Don't remember the brand, but it was a goodie. His older brother gave it to him.

We were rocking Sabbath one Halloween, drunker than shit, MAX'd to 11 and the ceiling caved in. A giant piece of plaster about the size of a coffee table.

Goddamn did we laugh our fuckin balls off. 26 years ago, Grunge and Rage and RHCP were poppin. Good times.