So do people listen to this in order to torture themselves or

so do people listen to this in order to torture themselves or

too fucking long didnt listen

i bet you listen to grimes and lana del ray, you fucking faggot

I do yeah. It's punishment for when I sin.

No, it's actually a fantastic exploration of upcoming industrial, dark folk and post-rock ideas of the late 90's

and an excellent parting gift from what was a criminally underrated group

>*deletes Volcano*
Ahh, that's better.

Not even inaccessible. If you cant listen to this you dont belong here

This album is best listened to that way. There's more than enough variation between the tracks to keep it interesting

That's the best one you goober

Volcano is basically a fucked up madonna song.
Excellent track

It's definitely inaccessible to the average person but if you've been browsing this board for at least a couple of months and you still can't "get into it" then you can fuck right off.

>implying its not inaccessible

fuck you i want to feel SPECIAL when im listening to music

i don't like jorble's voice

Nah, people listen to it because it has cool sounds

Yes, if you unironically want to listen to more than two (2) hours of boring three chord rock with whooshing sounds and chanting over it you are either retarded or masochistic.

It's 50/50 for me. Jarboe's voice can be beautiful when utilized correctly (You Need Me, Blackmail, Mother's Milk) but other times she's just kind of screechy and obnoxious (Mother/Father, Yum Yab Killers).

plebs

They definitely do.

Swans are the most overrated band on Sup Forums

Early Swans is literally heavy music like metal or hardcore but for people who are too pussy, too pretentious, or too ADHD to enjoy those other heavy genres. That's why every track just repeats almost the same damn thing with no variation to water heavy music down for plebs.

Children Of God is Industrial for babies who are too scared to get into the much wilder and often harsher experiences of masters like Throbbing Gristle or Einstürzende Neubauten.

Neo-folk era Swans is for people who got too intimidated by the complexities of the arrangements of folk geniuses like Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Neil Young, and now Joanna Newsom so instead these people listen to the most repetitive folk songs on the planet. Shit, at least the really old as shit folk songs were not this long even if just as repetitive.

Soundtracks For The Blind is touted as their masterpiece, but it's really just Swans' gimmick record. On the surface it will impress anyone not experienced with a variety of music, because it sure does bring some variety, but a closer look will show just how awful it is. Take a track like Helpless Child for example. In a world where we have bands like Talk Talk and Godspeed You! Black Emperor who make these long dirges with constant changes, we have this track that makes very little changes if at all until later into the song when giant drones start to take over. Or what about Volcano, which, even though it's a dancey electronic track, has none of the percussive intricacy outside the main percussion heard in the beginning to make the track groove better like the best house/techno.

But perhaps the worst is their latest output, which does what potential GOAT krautrock contender band Amon Düül II did on their legendary improvisation tracks, yet do it with a similar approach every. Single. Track. Shit, they don't even have actual cool ass riffs to bookend the builds like ADII either, just bland builds.

How so? I don't know why people keep saying that this album is creep. There are a lot of beautiful moments in it.

>complexities of the arrangements of folk geniuses like Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Neil Young
m8...

Stop posting this, it's not funny anymore.

fuck my dickhole

You should get banned for posting garbage not on Sup Forums

you're a big bitch

Kill yourself

kek kys B)

enjoy your drawn out pop music with extra whooshing sounds on top

ehehepic!

>not deleting the most disgusting song in the existence that is Yum-Yab Killers

Yum Yab is really good man. Check your ears buddy

>jarboes screeching shit voice
>good
pick one

Its honestly great dude

Get some taste and come join the adults over at /classical/ some time.

whoa, excellent rebuttal

>sexist pigs itt for hating on Jarboe's tracks
Gira is a disgusting rapist and should be arrested

True
>Lol xd
Suicide m9

they actually are

unironically this

Please neck yourself if you're truly being unironoc.

Lots of faggots in this thread, I see. Lots. Of. Faggots.

>Bob Dylan
>complex

eeeh..... no.

I've seen some fucking awful posts on Sup Forums, but this takes the cake. I don't care if it's ironic.

>all these fags falling for pasta
Damn...

I enjoy it but listen rarely because it's so long

It's just dad rock, don't over thinking