This album convinced me that I should get into Space Rock more

This album convinced me that I should get into Space Rock more

What other albums should I listen to? (Space Rock ITT I guess)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BDhJU_cNCZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

space rock isn't a real genre

Your taste isn't real either but for the sake of conversation we'll pretend it is

Nice bait cuntflap

Its a label that's applied to certain psych and prog bands but theres no coherent sound.

Like I said, no consistent sound.

2bh i also don't fucking get what space rock is supposed to be
spacemen 3 and loop do not sound like interstellar overdrive
how did it go from prog psych that was literally about space to velvet underground inspired noise rock?
that Wikipedia thing could describe radiohead too, and they're certainly not space rock

Most genres lack "consistent sound", most genres are defined by common characteristics.

it kinda makes it sound like people just called spacemen 3 space rock cause of their name and everyone just ran with it

It seems to just be prog but with ayy lmao effects

I suggest you read the entire article, the excerpt was posted just to make a point.

who the fuck cares? all genres are labels; labels are a superset of genres. Did OP mention space rock being a genre and/or a label? What's so fucking wrong about asking about albums that could belong to a common label? Could you please use a trip so I could filter your autism out?

what about the non-prog bands
idk man i read it but it still seems too all over the place for the label to really make much sense
seems like a "you know it when you hear it" type of thing

In all seriousness, AFAIK space rock is immersive rock with a cosmic sound to it. It's a bit of a loose definition but it cuts out

Shit example, Space Oddity is better desu.

roam to Sup Forums pls

ur a nigger

Roam to cracker

Hum
Failure
Spiritualized
Spacemen 3

Flying Saucer Attack

Listen to Gong
Most people will say either them or Hawkwind are the pinnacle of the genre

Noted

Ship of Fools - Out There Somewhere
Ozric Tentacles - Jurassic Shift

Nice, I just listened to all my hawkwind albums again last week and was wondering the same thing.

Listen to ELO
youtube.com/watch?v=BDhJU_cNCZE

He's right retard.

>Wikipedia
He's still right.

Gong are the pinnacle without a doubt.

Good recommendation

Bad recommendation

how can Gong be the pinnacle of something that doesn't exist?