Why did they wear sweatshirts with their names on them? Arent they like big, easily recognizable, super stars?

Why did they wear sweatshirts with their names on them? Arent they like big, easily recognizable, super stars?

Perhaps for international audiences.

I just know Brady because of 4chin and Yao because of memes.

So no idea who James, Sapp and Kwan are.

Because zombie simpsons sucks

that brady is way too ugly in comparison and Lebron just looks like a grown up version of that black kid from recess in that picture. bad animation.

Lebron James, Warren Sapp, and Michelle Kwan. Basketball player, football player, and figure skater.

>Sapp
>Kwan

Literally who?

maybe homer doesn't see color

I only know James and Kwan because she's my waifu desu

>wearing skates on grass

>figure skater
kek

She was incredibly famous in the US in the early to mid 00s, which is when this episode is from IIRC.

Because every black character in the Simpsons looks the exact same, the animators can't draw black people.

Also, everyone is already yellow so you can't just make the Asian yellow to identify him, hence why Homer is actually more yellow than Yao.

They wrote the names on the sweatshirt to cover up the incompetence or the latent racism of the animation staff.

Because no one would never have been able to be able to identify any of them otherwise. They had to give them name tags and sports equipment just to make them "oh, I guess that kinda looks like them."

I still didn't knew who any of them were even with the names though

what are their second names?

LeBron James, Yao Ming, Warren Sapp, Michelle Kwan, Thomas Brady

why would they put their middle names on their sweatshirts?

what are their last names?

Because the animation is so bad on nu-simpsons that even if you know those athletes the character as they appear on the Simpsons looks nothing like them

>saying Thomas Brady
>not saying LeBronathan James

They're cartoons, sometimes you gotta specify.

this episode is from like 2005 though

What show is this from?

>2005
>not nu-simpsons

Futurama

The simpsons are still on the air. 2005 was 12 years ago.

Just a reminder that there are more shit seasons of The Simpsons than there are good ones.

I know that.

Nu-simpsons started around 2001 or 2002 and is ongoing.

this. They turned to shit sooo long ago

Oh that's right, with the Belchers.

>shit seasons outnumber good seasons almost 2:1

gotta keep milking the cow for those shiny shekels

>the entire series simpsons marathon is on
>stops being good after only a few days in

I mean why keep going? It's insane.

The Simpsons started declining as early as season 9. It's funny that most of the people working on the show at that time thought it was going to end soon.

>juicer
>genetic freak
>dirty player
>juicer
>cheater

What ((((great))))) role models

I think it goes with the whole ego thing in that episode, but lets not give them that much credit

LeBronathan Raymone James Sr.

There's no way someone as dainty as Kwan is a fucking juicer. And Brady isn't a cheater, Roger Goodell.

bob sapp?

>He thinks any top tier professional athlete isnt taking some form of HGH or steroids.

that ain't Brady

Shit animation
Sapp and Kwan are literal whos so it doesn't matter, Yao is an 8 foot Chinese man so it is an easy guess, LeBron looks just like any other black guy and Brady's doesn't look like him at all.
My guess is that they needed to give Kwan and Sapp name tags and had to do the same with the rest so they weren't portrayed like lesser known athletes.

My guess is that they had to give Kwan and Sapp name tags and had to do the same with the rest so they weren't portrayed like literal whos.

>Lebron
>juicer
Please tell me where you found this?

Because Simpsons characters look nothing like the real people.

>Lelbron looks like he's only 2/3 as big as Yao Ming
6'8'' confirmed manlet tier

more like token female