Mr. Robot

I really liked the show at the beginning of the first season. It was technically accurate (I'm a software dev), had a good story, was well-paced, and was generally well shot.

But towards the end of the season, they introduced all that hallucination bullshit and I stopped watching after S01E09.

I've heard S02 is pretty good. Should I restart watching? Is it more of the same hallucination bullshit or is there some actual story?

Nobody can answer that, but you.

season 2 is literally shite
just watch like the first, the fifth or sixth and then the tenth and beyond

I feel the same way, it started off pretty strong but even the second half of season 1 is weaker. I don't think I'll pick up the second season given the reviews. Shame when a show can't even string 2 good seasons together.

Technically accurate how? All I remember from the first season tech wise was him using kali, and that awful big dick rapist root kit scene. Gets flown to a data center, and there's a visual representation of green for good and red for infected of every server there, chasing after it. It's one maybe two steps above Hackers. Should have ended after episode 2 imo. Show went full fight club bullshit

at least it's not "hacking with SQL". Most of the things they mention actually exist.

Season 2 has been boring as fuck so far. You made the right decision to drop it.

main reason season 2 sucked was because the "plot twist" was predictable as fuck

>Girlfriend says she has just the show for me to watch
>10 minutes in it's about evil greedy rich people that have a lot of money
>He keeps complaining about it like just the mere mentioning of it should be enough
>Christian Slater is introduced and starts hamming it up right away

This show is so goddamn awful

it was always shite, you just bought le accurate meme for 9 eps

Jason Bourne was so comical, I literally laughed out loud in the cinemas when they had those "hacking" scenes.

The show is more about Eliot being crazy than hacking, so no, you probably wouldn't care for season two.

You probably won't like Season 2 much.

Most of the plot and storyline moves slower because it deals with the aftermath of the 5/9 hack, and a lot more character exploration/expansion. The artsy/mental stuff only becomes stronger.

I can list a number of small shortcomings or complaints with Mr. Robot, but on the whole, it wears it's influences on its sleeve, and itss far more interesting, meaningful, and fresh than most tv series out there now. If Esmail and his collaborators can hold the reigns right and not jump the shark or get cancelled, it could be end up among the god tier.

Sure it comes off edgy and hip; it deals with modern day attitudes, sensibilities, and conflicts in sociopolitics and identity. Ironically easy for edgy hipsters to hate on.

>they introduced all that hallucination bullshit

It had been there from the very beginning. Or did you think everyone was actually calling it "Evil Corp"?

So are we all pretending to hate this because it takes inspiration from Sup Forums/Anonymous or what? Did I miss a memo?

What happens to Tyrell at the end of Season 1?

Man when Alicia vikander went zoom and enhance" I almost fell out of my seat

You're seeing everything from Elliot's(extremely psychotic) point of view, the "green for good and red for infected" scene could easily have only existed in Elliot's imagination, I'm not a 133t Hx0r by any means but for the most part all of the techniques used in the show like Kali, Raspberry Pi, magnetic stripe cloning and social engineering were almost completely accurate to IRL hacking

CSI Enhace (TM) (R)

I love mr Reddit show
Can't wait to discuss new twists

s2 is very slow (after 3 eps I thought of quitting) but it really picks up toward the end. Most recent episode was one of the best to date.

I don't know why you guys hate this season, I like it more than the last one to be honest. The twist was a bit on the nose but so what man, it keeps the show interesting and I don't feel it has jumped the shark.

>That erasing his history line though...

Where can watch the shooting in China? I can't find it on YouTube