Eucalyptus (Avey Tare album)

Anyone else think this album is not very good? It's alright but it sounds like he recorded it in a few nights when drunk or something.. no melodies, just boring guitar strumming and varied vocalising.

its trying too hard to be Sung Tongs without the good songs

>Sung Tongs without the good songs
so Feels

you're dead bitch

No, Feels is great

more like campfire songs.no melodies whatsoever on there except Doggie

Thought it was great, it remined me of campfire songs but with a more mature and island feel.
Don't understand the criticism of it being directionless and just strumming, those are barely even arguments in the first place but saying that about Anco of all things.

the people saying that are plebs who only listen to strawberry jam and mpp and havent heard their early work, or if they did heard it once and went "oh my gosh this is so weird lol danse is bad album because everyone else syas it is haha sport ur brother am i right??? lmaooo!!!""

eucalyptus is great

>Anyone else think this album is not very good
everyone with a brain knows post-2009 anco is irredeemable trash

Thanks for your input but you're wrong

compelling argument
I'm convinced

About as compelling as your braindead shitpost deserved.

not an argument.

>no melodies
Are we listening to the same albums? I hate saying this but honestly just listen to them more.

transcribe them and provide analysis for their tunefulness or shut the fuck up, moron

Just wait for Pitchfork review to see if we love or hate it.

wtf I hate this album now

Not at all, kiddo. It's fucking fantastic. I seriously believe you have ADHD.

No.. People who are into their old stuff don't care for it. just read RYM reviews. It's nothing new and just retreads what was already done in a mediocre matter

false

I guess Avey could take a shit and record himself playing with his turds and you fucking morons will give it 10/10

>just read RYM reviews
>taking RYM seriously in any way
kek

RYM reviews are fine. they at least have constructive reviews and not just faggots like you just sucking aveys cock any given moment

Yet they praise Radiohead's most overrated album and fucking Kendrick Lamar.

good point. Kendrick sucks

This is the Love- Forever Changes of the 21st century

false

not at all. you're embarassing yourself, user. you sperg out because you can't see how great the album is. you probably have attention deficit disorder.

you're just gay for Avey.. admit it

nm

I think it's really astoundingly beautiful. The only song I don't care much for is Roamer, it's just a little too much and doesn't really fit the album.

Roamer fits like a glove

Jackson 5 is the outlier

>it's really astoundingly beautiful
nope

jackson 5 is great, dumb title tho

Better than Painting With, at least.
I think Avey's trying to recreate Campfire Songs or Sung Tongs, which is nice, but there's also something really grating about his new sound. Meeting of the Waters is the first time I've found Avey's voice to be annoying.

This short 4 ep is a really good post-2009 release desu

his voice isn't as good anymore. he doesnt have that same emotion and feeling like he used to. Compare this new one to shit like Opus Helpus

>No melodies
Ms. Secret is basically a straight-up melodic pop song though

its no good

I like it

>No melodies on Campfire Songs
The melodies are sparse, especially on the opener and Moo Rah Rah Rain, but all the other tracks have melodies in vocal lines and bass in the case of the opener. "No melodies" is a dumb criticism anyways

thats the best song