So, a friend of mine ran across some incredibly damaging dirt...

So, a friend of mine ran across some incredibly damaging dirt, the sort of information and evidence that wrecks political careers and puts people behind bars.

They want to get the info out, but not have it (or them) "disappeared". To be clear, there will absolutely be gag orders and midnight van visits and every kind of shenanigans when this breaks.

What kind of advice do I give this person? It's someone I care about, but I'll be damned if I'm going to get sucked into this circus - I don't want to be in the same damned state when the fireworks begin. Thoughts, suggestions, advice?

No there won't

check how long it is out there, maybe she wont be contacted with it.
tell us more what content was it

It's evidence of widespread governmental corruption. Millions of dollars involved. Human trafficking, including minors. Collusion and collaboration by people in power, including judges. Shit that you just wouldn't fucking believe could be true. But there are transcripts, recordings, names, pictures - it's basically a giant shitstorm wrapped up with a pretty pink bow.

I'm sort of worried about whether my friend actually gets out of this OK once the cork is popped. :-/

>midnight van visits
then just dump it on Sup Forums

but how can they find you, if youre behind 7 proxys

Go to bed, kid.

One. Dont ever post here. You are strait retarded if you are serious.

Advice depends on the people involved. May be good to go super public. May be good to go to law enforcement. May be good to leak it from a non extradition country.

Pull your head out of your ass and dont post about this on anything. Dont message on any social media. Idiot.

This actually isn't that bad of an idea. Just spread it as quickly as possible. Once it's out there parties involved would be under too much scrutiny to black bag the whistle blower discreetly.

Give it to newspapers you fucking tard

On what scale? Local? National? How many agencies are involved and where do they have power?

I don't have or want anything to do with the shit. The person who has it isn't super tech-literate, and sending her here would be... rude. She's somebody's grandma, for fucks sake. I tried to tell her about things like bit torrent and onion, but I think I just confused her more.

I'm starting to think that my best move is to just back the fuck away from every part of this and forget that I ever knew it existed. But it feels bad, man.

tell them to post it on Sup Forums.

>I dont want to post it online
>asks Sup Forums for advice

You know that if the government was going to go after your friend, they wouldnt be against, oh idk, seeing who op is and then being able to find out who has the info? You already posted this, if there is anything, theyre already gonna be caught

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

How much do you already know? If you are trying to back away you may have already fucked yourself. So you have a documented connection with this woman?

Also how do you know its really what it seems to be?

burn 10,000 cd-r copies of info and flyers
scatter disks and flyers everywhere

>Millions of dollars involved
So, it's pretty small.

Is it really worth sticking your dick in a beehive for this?

especially around college campuses.

Yeah actually I'm probably fucked in that regard. Not an immediate or obvious connection but any meaningful investigation would find it.

It's not like "the government" is one coherent discreet entity, named "bob" or some shit, that always acts consistently. It's thousands of bobs and bills and teds, and it just takes a small cluster of corrupt or inept ones to engage in, or enable, or protect some really bad shit. Initially I was hopeful that contacting the right people in law enforcement would make this all better. Protip: bureaucracy and jurisdiction can overcome justice and moral outrage.

This might be the only real option.

>This might be the only real option.

only include concrete, preferably verifiable information, otherwise it will easily be branded a hoax.

My dick? Nope. I'm actually just hoping I haven't already slammed it in a car door and just haven't realized it yet.

Again, this person is not engaging in any criminal behavior and hasn't done anything wrong. I'm not sure that will still seem true once the beehive is well and truly kicked, only because when people in power are threatened, all kinds of crazy charges start popping up.

I'm not including or excluding jack shiat. I'm telling her the options, then bugging the fuck out and hoping it doesn't splash too much on me.

Evidence includes some bone-chilling dialog secretly recorded. Shit you can't un-hear sort of stuff. Shit people might disappear to keep quiet sort of stuff.

>Evidence includes some bone-chilling dialog secretly recorded. Shit you can't un-hear sort of stuff. Shit people might disappear to keep quiet sort of stuff.

they could buy a pocket FM and broadcast it on repeat ad nauseum.

that one you might get in trouble for though. and FM radio is kinda dead.

Well, keep an eye out. I think I'm going to try to take another crack at walking her through a torrent release of the info and then just get the link as widely circulated as possible to keep it from being suppressed / gagged / disappeared.

If you hear about a shit-storm torrent release that sounds a lot like what I was describing, I'd appreciate some seeders! :3 If nothing else, it will give me something to chuckle about in Gitmo... :/

leak it anonymously to a freedom of press/info website like wikileaks

>If you hear about a shit-storm torrent release that sounds a lot like what I was describing, I'd appreciate some seeders! :3 If nothing else, it will give me something to chuckle about in Gitmo... :/

still think spreading it the old fashioned way would be the best option

Here you are, typing this sort of shit, when you know for a fact the po-po actively monitor the site. Enjoy the van

Post information under a pseudonym from a computer in a public library 2-5 towns over from where they live. Total anonymity achieved

send it to wikileaks and all !

ITT: retards

basically a few things need to happen
1. get an older device via cash, preferably stolen
2. never turn on the device in your normal pattern of behavior locations, never have any other devices that are connected to yourself on at the same time that device is on.
3. put a free os on such said device, ubuntu, etc
4 go to a free wifi spot with heavy traffic.
5.run macchanger to randomize the mac address
6. connect to internet and open proton mail account
7. send evidence to all news agencies
8 post on 4 chan/news and other locations as well
10 destroy laptop preferably with thermite or some other compound that will make physical evidence gathering impossible.
12. cross fingers and look over shoulder for rest of life.

This is fake and your friend dosent have shit.

Hurr Durr, I can Hurr Durr the HurrDurr's but I don't want to Hurr Durr's the HurrDurr's

The thread

>go to a free wifi spot with heavy traffic.

cameras everywhere

Unfortunately in the age of information it aint that simple. Library's got cams. They gonna track which computer in the library did the uplaod , who was on it. Proceed with facial recognition , questioning , and cameras of the surrounding blocks to track the person down.
Honestly no matter how you put it , this would be real hard in any non third world country.
Best chance is going to some shithole europe country like bulgaria or something , and doing the upload from a shitty basement out in the middle of nowhere. (Satelites come into play in that case , so its still not 100% safe)
I dont know dude , if your peeps want to get this information out , their best bet is to find and associate themselves with a group large enough where getting hillary'd isnt that easy.
Or becoming active and well known enough where suddenly dissapearing after leaking sensitive information will obviously raise questions.

naturally.
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

often you can get on public wifi while not entering the building if the signal is strong enough.
also with heavy traffic you dramatically lower the odds of getting caught.
thus looking over your shoulder forever and hoping you get lucky.

Bro shit tons of ppl already know all this... Look up Pizzagate on youtube. Thats probably where your friend found it lol. Ppl are already exposing the stuff. Nothing will happen.

Shout...shit..let it allllll out...your friends are subjects you can do without..so faggot cmonn

>tor
>contact wikileaks or some other fun website
>???
>profit
anyways what's the info?

You must be straight up retarded son. If this is real, you have very much endangered your friend's life. There are much better organisations to go to. Go to the Russian embassy now. You have information and they can protect you and your friend.

I thought pizzagate was proven a hoax? This is actual people engaging in real shit and covering it up or getting it covered up by their colleagues. Anyway, enough with the posturing, I will spin up another thread once the info is launched and then you can all judge for yourselves.

>obtain info from source
>Proxy
>Tor
>Contact WikiLeaks
>Release
>GTFO
>Lay low
Ez.

Cryptome and wikileaks. Use tor, a throwaway/secure email (protonmail or pgp/gpg) on a public wifi with a throwaway device

Wear gloves, get a bunch of USB memory sticks or DVDs, put the info on them, snail-mail them to as many news agencies as you can. Add a pic of someone in a Guy Fawkes mask for a touch of class. Beware that looking up addresses of news agencies itself is a search clue for the feds.

>I thought pizzagate was proven a hoax?
Nothing was proven or disproven because the entire thing was a complete clusterfuck of accusations, vague "anonymous" sources, conspiracies and a complete and utter absence of trustworthiness of practically everyone involved.

The best course of action would be to pretend that the entire debacle never happened.

>Beware that looking up addresses of news agencies itself is a search clue for the feds

That's where Sup Forums helps. Everybody looks up addresses and posts them, and user can copy/paste from here.

Which state? I bet it’s fucking MD.

Use a tor browser
create an email account
email it to the so-called damning stuff to the Associated Press
????

Yes this is good, OP wanna go through with this? Tell us country so we can get addresses

Yeah very nice and all but without knowing the exact details we cannot form a proper judgment
>inb4 FBI
If I know everyone else in this thread knows as well.
And it's not as if the entire thread is populated by FBI agents so we'd all be wanted fugitives.

So go on and give us the scandalous information.

Dump it to Sup Forums.

Honestly, if I ran across information that was damaging enough to be harming others (i.e. human trafficking) I'd put it out there whether they kill me or not.

This is a huuuge deal if it isn't bait. This NEEDS to be leaked.

I wonder if it's one of those "secrets" like, "Our ship has nukes on board, but no-one's supposed to know." Ummm... dude, your ship is a freakin' aircraft carrier. We can guess.

could i please have your full name and address?

trips of god damn truth
7 as well kek

"The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."

Is there any way you can prove you're not bullshitting, OP?
Your friend could just don a disguise and throw this irrefutable proof through the doors of a news office.

Yes, and I will. Chillax, I'm not really asking for your participation or belief or anything at all right now, I just wanted some advice but I think I've made up my mind. I was uncomfortable about direct participation but I think it would be evil to not help and she won't be able to get it out there on her own.

So, yes I will give you some real proof. No I can't show it to you right this second, mostly because I've been pretty fucking religious about staying well the fuck away from that shit once I knew what it was. But I am going to dive right off into it and grab plenty of big peanut-and-corn speckled handfuls for your viewing pleasure. And then hope I can get the fuck out of it again.

Have some patience, let this thread die, and look for the new thread. Um, someone just pulled up, I shit you not.

You arent talking about santa clara, by chance are you?

Whoo fuck, false alarm sorry... OK this shit is getting in my head, making me paranoid.

nope.

Same story here, police involved. Everything you described. Cant vonvice the person who knows it all to write it down because of same fears.

You are already dead.