Worst Subgenre of Metal?

I'm looking to get into more abrasive music, and was wondering what you guys consider to be the worst subgenre of metal? An explanation as to why it is the worst would be appreciated/helpful as I can better know what to avoid.

Death
Nu
Black
/Thread

>black
>death
Wrong.

death and black are the best what are you on

Cybergrind I guess

I didn't give explanation so that you can experience yourself with your own eyes. These three subgenres of metal are created and aimed for teenagers going through angst. They'll be defended by such people as
and and they'll always be popular but cheap bullshit that will give you nothing about quality, well knit music.

Groove, Nu, Core and power.

stoner
it's just 2 notes being played for 10 minutes with tons of pedals. it bores me

I think you mean drone?

Thrash, many of the subgenres of black, and most trad/heavy are the best. I personally don't like much death metal, except for some OSDM, Death, and proto-black death, like early Darkthrone and Old Funeral. Grindcore is mostly shit, but I like Napalm Death. $L@M is shit. Some glam is good but it is few and far between. Black metal is my favorite but I mostly listened to thrash before I learned to like it. Power metal can be good, nu-metal and metalcore are for 15 year olds.

You could make an argument for any subgenre but the consensus is that nu/groove is irredeemable. Power is generally disliked but has a few die-hard fans. Core has a lot of shit but also some great bands to the point where it's not fair to say it's all shit.

avoid metal and all of it's subgenres

you're welcome

I forgot to add stoner metal, it is shit. Trad Doom like Candlemass is amazing, but most doom these days sucks.

>avoid metal and all of it is subgenres
what did he mean by this?

>black metal is created and aimed at angsty teenagers
How can one man be so unbelievably incorrect?

>BM and death aren't well knit
fucking wew

Yeah very mature arguments by very mature 4channers for three very mature genres guys.
Talk to a true musician about one of the bands of those genres and he'll laugh his ass off.

And I assume you're a true musician?

I'm a casual music lover who is an adult?
Are you going to proceed to say "Do it better yourself then!"?

Of course not, creation of art and consumption of said art are two drastically different things. However, if you honestly listen to bands such as Midnight Odyssey, Aquilus or Batushka and still claim black metal is cheap bullshit your opinion is garbage and will be discarded without a second thought.

To Sky Valley*

Personally I can't stand black metal, but if you're after abrasive then that's the way to go. General rule is anything with 'core' on the end is probably trash

Mostly true but the best, original stoner bands (Sleep, Electric Wizard, Black Sabbath, Kyuss, etc.) are god-tier, and most modern bands just recycle their shit.

it's folk metal, everyone knows this

Angsty/edgy teenagers almost exclusively listen to metalcore, nu-metal, and buttdeath

folks a mixed bag i like my folk to be more doom metal than folk but i find the occasional good song