Oasis is obectively a one hit wonder...

Oasis is obectively a one hit wonder. Wonderwall is their only popular song and most people don't even know the band behind it, just the meme status of the song. If you say anything to the contrary you're retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

billboard.com/artist/277052/oasis/chart?f=350
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who cares they are already the best band in the world.

Nigga, I literally heard Champagne Supernova on the radio driving home not even 30 minutes ago (albeit a heavily edited version that cut out the first 30 seconds, the 15 guitar bit between verses, and faded out when the guitar solo started which cut off the last 3 minutes of the song).

It's simply not true though. Sure they didn't crack America, but they were an essential part of the cultural identity of 90's Britain. They had the sound and choruses to crack America but their loutish behaviour and unwillingness to adapt like The stones or U2 did ensured that it wouldn't happen. But all this made Britain love them more. In a way they are the quintessential British rock 'n' roll band. Sure there's not much smart about their music, nor a lot of things to like about the Gallagher brothers, but they had the catchiest choruses and appealed to the lowest common denominator (Definitely Maybe is a genuinely great album tho). Ask any american who the most important artist of the 90's is and most will say Nirvana, ask any British person and most will say Oasis.

>Sure they didn't crack America
I mean they kind of did back in 1996. Even in 1997 they were about 200 copies away from scoring a number 1 album. But yeah the disappoinment of BHN and general dickhead behavior pissed a lot of people off. I remember Liam Gallagher showed up at TRL in 2000 and was just a complete cunt to Carson Daly and from then on American MTV stopped airing their videos.

lol America couldn't handle the banter. :)

>yanks

go to bed damon

>looking down, through the blinds, they shake behind the tower fan
>see qt's and chads dancing and strutting, as if a parade just for them, was on
>a deep rumble spirals out of my core, darkening all of my existence with it's egregiousness
>before a flinch can be mustered, a fine sparay of liquid shit flows out
>the time draws near
>a .2 millimeter slick of shit glistens over my nightmarish carapace
>I strut into my own parade
>the back beat is in my mind as I take long steps out of the door
>at this time, i feel like mervine gay
>planting a grape vine of my own, heh
>duck walk my way to the corner store
>hear the ocion by led zeplin on the store spreakers
>nudge a female customer and say "now thats a deep track, aint it?"
>shes mirin
>duck walk out the door, feelin good
>mfw they don't know i;m an oasis fan

If they were a one hit wonder then you wouldn't have to make thread complaining about it with most people disagreeing with you.

If I made a thread saying Chumbawumba were a one hit wonder nobody would argue.

britbongs say they're not because they actually had two hits over there

You are objectivly fucking retarded considering they have sold a shitton of records, have had a shitton of #1 hits in the UK and 2 in the US and are still being talked about.

End your pathetic excuse for a life

Don't Look Back in Anger and Live Forever weren't their only hits tho

>had two hits over there

So 5 of their number one songs weren't actually hits?

only montie would fall for montie b8 threads

Your a dummy

i've never even heard of those songs

>
>oasis
>having any #1 hits at all
bullshit

Maybe you're just musically ignorant, and not as interested as you think you are.

>don't know some lesser known songs by a literally who 90s one hit wonder
>yurrr ignerant mate fook off

k

>literally who
Scrobbles 142M
Listeners 3.4M

I know yanks live with their heads up their donkeys maaaaan, but this is ridiculous!

I think they're good honestly

Just hiper overrated

Oh look more Top Ten and #1 hits.

bongland doesn't count.

How many average Americans do you think could even name any Oasis songs besides Wonderwall?

Oasis is one of the greats. Oasis is for the working class, punk masked as pop ballads

>bongland doesn't count.
That's cool because the last two columns are the US charts, which had eleven top 20 Singles, of them five in the top 10.

>How many average Americans do you think could even name any Oasis songs besides Wonderwall?
Probably lots.

>US charts, which had eleven top 20 Singles, of them five in the top 10.
The rock charts don't count

lol k

>Oasis is an alt-rock band
>the rock charts don't count
wew lad.

I'm sure don't look back in anger is known among Americans specially after the Ariana Grande concert, so you're still technically wrong. Kys

Oasis are so fucking bad and the UK should feel bad as a nation for liking this shit band (among other things the UK is a total fucking joke of a country where you can go to jail for shitposting memes on Sup Forums)

What about overall though. Like the general Top 40? Like what gets played on the radio, not just rock radio?

I thought Don't Look Back in Anger was more popular when I was younger and didn't give a shit about music, you played yourself

Dude nobody plays Oasis anymore on top 40 they're like 20 years old.

I meant back in the day

billboard.com/artist/277052/oasis/chart?f=350
>Wonderwall #8
>Champagne Supernova #20
>Don't Go Away #35
>Live Forever #39
>Don't Look Back in Anger #41
>D'You Know What I Mean #49