See political landscape

>see political landscape
>think the world is pretty bad NOW
>then realize you were born too late to be part of discovering a new land
>also realize you were born too early to take part in space travel
HOW DO COPE THO? YOU KNOW IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN SOONER OR LATER, JUST ADMIT IT, IT'S OK, WE WON'T RIDICULE YOU

This 'Sooner or later' actually is a very long time in terms of human generations.

How much energy would you even need to bend all that fuckhuge space between you and your destination, anyway? I figure the technology isn't close to it by any standards.

If anything I think we might get to freeze people for long journeys at some point in the near future, but that kind of exploration isn't the kind of comfy anime space station stuff you're probably thinking of.

>Implying humanity will leave this fucking rock before it kills itself
I read somewhere that we're eaither near the beggining of human history or nearing the end. If we get off Earth and colonize, its the beginning. If we fuck up before hand, it's probably nearing its end.
Now I ask you: do you really think we can hold this shitstorm together long enough to colonize mars even?

Doubtful

Humans will not go beyond solar system.

Screencap this.

First step is leaving mommy and daddys house. Next, you will find something to live for. Good luck.

>implying they would let your sorry ass on the sailing ships or caravans to explore the seas and frontiers
>impyling they would let your sorry ass on the starships to explore new worlds and new civilizations

POO

We could very feasibly accelerate ships to near light speed using plain ol' nuclear explosions to propel them. The tech is there, the funding or interest isn't. Plus, travel like that is basically suicide for the occupants given that they'll get to their destination in a decade or so, but back on Earth the sun would've swallowed us thanks to time dilation.

Solar Sails

>also realize you were born too early to take part in space travel
>he ACTUALLY thinks we're ever going to leave the earth!

Relax.
It's a pendulum.
When they go to far, it will swing the other way.
Right now, they're looking for a "Doctor Raymond Cocteau" type.
When they find them, shit will be fucked for a while, but then he'll overreach.
Then it will swing the other way, until the other side/faction overreaches.
And back and forth until shit settles.

>Humanity
>Propelling through space by nuking the space behind ship
>First Contact
>The aliens see how we're getting around
>Laugh their asses off
>We're now intergalactic Sentinel Island
How embarassing

>born too early to take part in space travel

Uh no, you weren't. The singularity happens in the next 30 years. We are rapidly approaching either the end of history or its true beginning. Either way, its an exciting time to be young.

>you now realize that's Obama third from the left.

Indiana will be the first people to create a
Designated
Shitting
Crater
On the moons colony

Hows that kush boi

Indians**

>mmm. mu.. muh singularity

too early for space exploration just in time to fuck off

>how do you cope though?
I'll play NMS and explore that universe/galaxies. Same idea but more cartoony I guess. So escapism.
also, we'll probably never achieve type 2/3 civilization or any space travel user. We'll all die out long before most likely.

>singularity
>a meme
God you're going to regret ever doubting it.