God Tier Shows That Don't Break The 4th Wall

>Looks at camera salaciously
Breaking the 4th wall is never funny

>4th wall
its even in the name, a house needs 4 walls to stand, substituting a wall makes it a shack, you would be considered homeless.

Universally in all genres breaking the 4th wall is never worth it

What shows do you love that never break the 4th wall

Mr Robot breaks the 4th wall constantly and is an amazing show.

t. redditor

t. A virgin

Moonlighting did it just fine, it added to the levity of the show perfectly.

it sort of broke it when they did the "gang tries to win an award" episode

He's right, you have to be a redditor to enjoy that schlock.

Its an age thing, so they coincided.

Mr Robot is cringe fight club tier lite entertainment.

>It's Always Sunny
>Good
Well it was good up until the 4th season.

It was best when Devito wasn't on it at all.

I don't know how you children can still stand it.

LOL Thank god for those spoilers you gigantic faggot

The fourth wall in the invisible one between the audience and the actors on a stage. The other three walls are the physical ones to the right, left, and back of the actor. Ain't got nothing to do with no houses.

*slow clap*

You're welcome you filthy pleb. :^)

Would mockumentary type shows (Arrested Development, The Office, Trailer Park Boys) recognizing that they are being filmed be consider 4th Wall Breaking?

IMO I think it's more fake when they don't pretend that the "people" are being filmed. And I think when those shows did such breaks it was used to great effect.

OP here, that would be the only acceptable exception, totally forgot about mockumentaries like Blair Witch project and Cloverfield and The oFFice.

>Not liking Season 5
The D.E.N.N.I.S. System is one of the best episodes.

The show declined with Season 6 and that horribly unfunny Ponderosa two-parter.

All seasons still have one god-tier episode.

What about moments when a character is being filmed inside the movie by a camera (like in Inglorious Basterds when Shoshanna records her farewell message) and looks straight into it ? Technically it's not 4th wall breaking IRL, but it is in the movie's world.

You're telling me you didn't enjoy Malcom talking to you in Malcome in the Middle ?

*Mallcom

Even the showrunners of that show thought that sucked as Malcolm's Ferris Bueller monologues were quickly abandoned and the more interesting characters took over the show.

I think after Season 2 Malcolm stopped talking to the camera directly until the series finale.

>Mr. Robot
>amazing show

lol no it was better when it was 3-4 separate movies that weren't mashed together for max pop culture refs.

>it was best when DeVito wasn't on it at all
>it was only ever good for the 1st season

how contrarian of you, my faux-patrician friend

All these hipsters trying to sound cool to all their hipster friends. Jesus, when did Sup Forums turn into a nu-male circlejerk?

There's a show on Netflix about new nazi terrorists and the first episode shows how they came to the point of being terrorists and shows them planning their attack. It's based on real events and people. And at one point the skinheads are taunting and shouting at this woman and baby for being on the grass at a park, and the girl terrorist kinda looks for a few seconds into the camera with this kind of really disappointed look and it caught me out as being a powerful use of breaking the fourth wall. It was kinda cool because it was so brief.

>look!
>its a bird!
>its a plane!
>no, its BUZZWORD MAN!

kill yourself before you tell me that i must go back

>uses the word "reddit"
>claims someone else is using buzzwords

Retard alert

On the contrary sir I never said reddit. Your post is a buzzword bomb

>hipster x2
>nu-male
>circlejerk

thats 4 buzzwords and a double jeopardy for double dipping, care to explain yourself?

Those words actually have meaning that fit the context. Not understanding them doesn't make them a buzzword.

In fact, by your definition of buzzword, buzzword is a buzzword. You've used that word a ton.

This is the only true opinion and it's rare to find people with it online.

People that can't distinguish season 4,5 from 6,7 haven't been paying a lot of attention to the show. At least season 6 and 7 were good,though. Season 9, 10 and 11 have had more bad episodes than good ones. Season 11 was particularly terrible.

I've given up faith in the show.

but you must go back. we don't like your faggy kind here

Well, I'm not a nu-male, and I'm disagreeing with you that the 1st season is the only good one, but I am not saying the entire show is good. So it isn't exactly a circle jerk either. And I'm definitely not a hipster if I'm not a nu-male.

So you're wrong on all counts, and those buzzwords are merely buzzwords here

Strongly agree. Mr. Robot is a bad, edgy show made to attract edgy people who use being 'against the establishment' to define themselves. The only reason that a person should be against the establishment is if they aren't letting them (or someone close to him) do their (reasonable) own thing.
The Mr. Robot guy is just a stereotypical antisocial hacker and the other characters aren't very well developed either. The plot is basically used just to aggrandize the characters and give the whole thing weight, so that the fact that the writers actually can't understand people for shit seems less important.

>buzzword

Jesus do you use that memeword in every thread?

The Blair Witch Project is a piece of shit. JUST CALLING IT LIKE IT IS SENPAI

There's an episode of always sunny where Dennis looks into the camera

>sir

House of Cards had great 4th wall breaks